Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I mean they promised later to give me more, and who knows what canhappen in AoD.
Look as long as you trust Militiades, it'll be fine. He's utterly worth it.

Miltiades is the only person you should look for as a valuable partner and he will never try to harm you

Who are these thugs & traders you are referring to..? o.o?

Black Angel

Arcane
So, these thugs&trader in Maadoran - I won't miss anything if just kill them?
If you intimidate them instead of killing them, later on they will return to the same spot with one extra, stronger enemy, and if you approach them then this time you can't avoid fight.

Absinthe

Arcane
Perhaps I've overlooked something but starting as a Loremaster has no practical benefits except for an extremely low DEX character (Dex < 7). For a DEX 7+ build, I can't think of anything Loremaster accomplishes that isn't better accomplished by a different start.
Loremaster also gives you Feng's training without the charisma check and skips an impersonate skill to show up at the Aurelian mine as a wandering loremaster. It also lets you purchase a breathing apparatus in Teron to skip constitution checks for wandering the abyss, and you can get the sphere from the trader without a perception check. When it comes to Feng's backroom though, you can open it up just by selling him out to Cassius.

You also start with 3 reputation with all the houses and 1 reputation with all the other factions, in case you're aiming for rep checks.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
one extra, stronger enemy, and if you approach them then this time you can't avoid fight.

Wait, that mean I'll lose that dagger right? And that trader killed, or that dosn't matter and he disapper one way or another?

Actually it's prtty realistic to skip this fight, as I can barely win it with 3 crossbow 2 dodge 4 crit.
I can with masturbating reload button, so I get start of combat to my advantage - I start first and with one bomb and two of them fallen to the ground it's easy. But that's too much reloading and exploiting randomness.
Also I managed to win even in situation that they act first, and only one fell to the ground, used net in addition to bomb.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
There are a couple of ways to make the fight easier. One is to dash to the main street and duck into the doorway of the inn, creating a bottleneck.

Another way is to wear good armor, and kill the club first. Of course, the serious disadvantage of xbow compared to longbow is that you can't switch to fast attack to hit dodgers, so I guess you have trouble hitting these guys.

You'll need much higher Dodge for Act 2. Or at least I do. Get to 6+ Dodge asap.

Of course once you get to 8 dodge, you start to become unkillable...

I remember that dodge was the best because axes were undoubtebly the best weapon.

What's the best 1-handed weapon, if I'm planning to go block?

Black Angel

Arcane
Wait, that mean I'll lose that dagger right? And that trader killed, or that dosn't matter and he disapper one way or another?
When the opportunity came for you to choose between following the thugs and the trader or ignore them, you need to choose to go follow them right there and then. That way, you get the opportunity to intimidate those guys while the trader still lives, and if you succeed the trader will thank you by giving the dagger.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I remember that dodge was the best because axes were undoubtebly the best weapon.

What's the best 1-handed weapon, if I'm planning to go block?
I would say axes, since their 1-handed variants are still powerful enough compared to swords and hammers. Spear is also a good choice for one handed use, specially if you get that blue steel javelin from the guy in Madooran's inn.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
When the opportunity came for you to choose between following the thugs and the trader or ignore them, you need to choose to go follow them right there and then. That way, you get the opportunity to intimidate those guys while the trader still lives, and if you succeed the trader will thank you by giving the dagger.

Wait, wait. You can intimidate them with body count, get 100 coins - but they still kill trader. You can intimidate them, and trader will be alive.
I mean, when thugs wil return, and you win a fight, can't you loot that dagger from them?

There are a couple of ways to make the fight easier. One is to dash to the main street and duck into the doorway of the inn, creating a bottleneck.

Right, but not with 10 AP. That one with leather armor is too fast, hit me with AoO every time.

Another way is to wear good armor

Tried it with Imperial Iron Armor, it doesn't work, unlike in Raider Camp.

You'll need much higher Dodge for Act 2. Or at least I do. Get to 6+ Dodge asap.

I now, but I just wonder - how people completed the game with 1 in every attack skill? Like really - how? How someone can solve this fight with 1 of attacking skill? Shover them with grenades?

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane

Wait, wait. You can intimidate them with body count, get 100 coins - but they still kill trader. You can intimidate them, and trader will be alive.
I mean, when thugs wil return, and you win a fight, can't you loot that dagger from them?

If the trader lives he will give you the dagger immediately, them coming back has nothing to do with it.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Right, but if he died, I thought that when thugs will return with more force, they will have this dagger with them.
Right?
Or the only possibility to get it is if trader give it to you?

I would say axes, since their 1-handed variants are still powerful enough compared to swords and hammers. Spear is also a good choice for one handed use, specially if you get that blue steel javelin from the guy in Madooran's inn.
Thanks. to be honest I read Vince love the swords, but the bleeding mechanic seems so 'weak', especially when it's just 1 or 2 dps more for turn. The only weapons I liked were daggers and axes.

I tested with the spear, but I didn't find it to be as strong and as damaging as I wish. Actually they seem to be a choice for the hybrids, involving grenades and stuff of this sort.

Fenix you can't have everything. You have to choose:

> let them give you 100 coins and then you kill them all later (a new bandit will appear this time)
> intimidate them, let the merchant give you the dagger, kill them all after (even there a new bandit will appear).

So basically you choose between 100 gold or the dagger.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
> intimidate them, let the merchant give you the dagger, kill them all after (even there a new bandit will appear).

THANK YOU! Of course unique dagger AND a hard fight is better, that just hard fight!
So you can have both dagger and tougher fight, right?

Parabalus

Arcane
Thanks. to be honest I read Vince love the swords, but the bleeding mechanic seems so 'weak', especially when it's just 1 or 2 dps more for turn. The only weapons I liked were daggers and axes.

I tested with the spear, but I didn't find it to be as strong and as damaging as I wish. Actually they seem to be a choice for the hybrids, involving grenades and stuff of this sort.

Weapon use depends mostly on your stats, swords are good if you want to melee with low (think 4) STR since the bleed bypasses armor. With high physical stats weapon type bonuses kinda pale in relevance tho.

Spears are great if you want to skip def skills since they proxy for one.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Weapon use depends mostly on your stats, swords are good if you want to melee with low (think 4) STR since the bleed bypasses armor.

Yeah, I already noticed that - was in imperial armor, and got bleeding often, those fuckers can bleed you to death. Maybe bleeding is weaker then the rest, but it can kill as well.

Black Angel

Arcane
Right, but if he died, I thought that when thugs will return with more force, they will have this dagger with them.
Right?
Or the only possibility to get it is if trader give it to you?
Wait, I thought the dagger spawn on the trader's dead body? Because it's always that way for me if I ignore them and let the trader die. Then I can approach them and tell them to fuck off so I can loot the trader's corpse.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Hammer is very nice, comes in all sizes except the smallest dagger size, and has built-in knock down. You can also loot a crafted blue steel Marcalus in Teron, which makes it the ideal melee weapon for the Thieves Guild path.

Sword is the best melee weapon for Assassin's Guild path. AG already means it's optimal to have 9 DEX, and choosing Sword means all of Dellar's training is fantastic for you: Sword, Dodge and CS. Throw all this on top of the huge accuracy bonus of the blue steel sword you can buy in Maadoran and you wont have trouble hitting things even without putting points into Sword.

Axe is the clear choice for Imperial Guards. You can't go wrong with Axe for the Pass.

Free training is more significant than whatever bonus or abilities the weapon classes themselves carry. The best qualities for me are either the Hammers for Knockdown, and Daggers for being cheap to craft. You can craft a Star Metal Dagger far earlier than other 1H melee weapons. Of course, you also need crafting to do that, so it wont be *that* early. The less Star Metal you spend on crafting your melee weapon, the more you can spend on Star Metal arrows.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
Another way is to wear good armor

Tried it with Imperial Iron Armor, it doesn't work, unlike in Raider Camp.

If you completed the Assassin mission line, you should have a nice Steel Lorica. It's also possible to teleport past this fight first, and get some upgraded gear either at the Maadoran market or the Arena. If you don't use the bottleneck, you definitely need top armor to absorb the blows in this 3v1 fight. Top end armor is a huge tactical advantage.

I now, but I just wonder - how people completed the game with 1 in every attack skill? Like really - how? How someone can solve this fight with 1 of attacking skill? Shover them with grenades?

Using tactics... but a huge issue with xbow is that you can't use Fast Attack, which gives a significant bonus. Longbow is *so* much easier to use than xbow for Assassins.

Against Dodgers, shoot them with fast attack.
Against Blockers, shoot them in the head with either normal or armor piercing arrows.

Spamming cosumables is also a valid solution to most fights if you decide to raise Alchemy. Even without alchemy, you can still buy sufficient amounts of bombs and liquid fire and what-not if you use them judiciously.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Top end armor is a huge tactical advantage.
Doesn't work for me and my build.
I have a negative values for dodge rating, and they ofter attack arms, so I can't even shoot effectively.
Also that iron imperial armor isn't a obstacle for them - armor dented quickly, so character surviv londger without armor but with 10 AP.
Or I dunno.

Also I won a fight - just for giggles - with mob that chased preacher, using imperial iron armor and Arbiter - quickly deal with man with club, three arrows is enough, then just Whirlwind, with reloading crossbow for 3 AP.

Also, I start to think, that 8 Dex were a mistake for my Assasin, need 9.
What do you think - is it worth to start over, because I only at the start of Maadoran?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom