Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
JudasIscariot with those skills you are more than capable of beating them, so don't give up. Poison and feint, out of what's been mentioned, can alone win the day for you. Even if you're not abel to damage them very much, as long as you manage the AI of your allies you're fine. That is to say: most of your allies do very good damage with the crossbow, but not with their melee weapons.

Consider the leftmost ally. He starts off away from the rest of you, will quickly get closed down by at least the hammer-wielding enemy, and then he will often spend the next few turns just trying to move away from them. If you are able to go over and engage them with Feint, or hit them fast enough to get them down, or protect your ally with flame vials, etc., then he will be able to quickly take out half of the enemy.

The same goes for the right side of the battle. The merchant robe wielding ally is going to die very quickly if surrounded, especially since the heavily armoured enemy leader often goes right for him. Keep him out of trouble, and more importantly, keep him focused on less armoured allies, and he can be helpful; in contrast, left to go toe-to-toe against the enemy leader, eh'll just clink uselessly at the armour and die.

The fight I am in is just me by myself against these dudes who have some armor I need for a quest. There ain't no one else here.

Shin

Cipher
The fight I am in is just me by myself against these dudes who have some armor I need for a quest. There ain't no one else here.

That fight was for me probably the hardest fight in the game. I beat it having 9 dodge, 9 crossbow and lvl6 alchemy (I might have been able to beat it somewhat earlier though). Make good use of your called shots.

Cromwell

Arcane
Hmm, what's your character like? This battle is a little challenging, but I am able to beat it routinely with all sorts of different builds. It's the one with the two crossbowmen supporting you, right? Do you have good defensive skills? Ultimately, you can win it just by delaying them with fire and poison, I think, because the xbows dish out a lot of damage. If you protect your teammates you get a special prize afterwards as well.

Do you have alchemy skills? If you do, make some acid if you can, too. When blockers lose their shield they are useless.

I hhave dagger 5 cs 4 and dodge 3 - lockpick/sneak/alchemy 4 - 7/10/5/9/5/4 in staats. Maybe if I skilled more dodge I could facetank the for my 2 colleagues. I thought about acid but II don know whiich reagents are neeeeded and wehre o gett them. Is there a listt for reagenttts somewhere in the game that I just didnt see?

Canus

Savant
Give me optimal combat build

:outrage:

Not sure on stat distribution, although I would imagine it'll be something like 8,8,8,8,4,4 (before healing machine), but skill wise you're going to want crafting and the regeneration\lich potion(-15HP max HP, 4HP regen per round, permanent effect).
Crafting lets you do some pretty great stuff with gear, adding modifiers and changing materials.

Edit: Maybe 7,8,8,8,5,4, using the healing machine to boost strength, if you wanted more skill points. There are a couple of weapons that will let you lower Strength and still be very effective, but I'm honestly not entirely sure how to min-max a fighting build purely for combat.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not sure on stat distribution, although I would imagine it'll be something like 8,8,8,8,4,4 (before healing machine), but skill wise you're going to want crafting and the regeneration\lich potion(-15HP max HP, 4HP regen per round, permanent effect).
Crafting lets you do some pretty great stuff with gear, adding modifiers and changing materials.

Edit: Maybe 7,8,8,8,5,4, using the healing machine to boost strength, if you wanted more skill points. There are a couple of weapons that will let you lower Strength and still be very effective, but I'm honestly not entirely sure how to min-max a fighting build purely for combat.

How to use the healing machine with that sort of character? You either pick a very specific path, kill Levir and pay money, or you get 8 lore and go via inferaie-> convince demon to turn on portal-> get power tube-> go to machine and pick lock. The second option takes a lot of speech skills, too, and you have no charisma.

I'm pretty bad at making pure combat builds, though. I usually go for hybrids and avoid the most difficult combats.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Question: After blowing up that pyramid temple, you are told to find the other temple. And that's it. Where do you go? What do you do? I have no idea.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Question: After blowing up that pyramid temple, you are told to find the other temple. And that's it. Where do you go? What do you do? I have no idea.

Zuh, what? You mean you blew up the ziggurat? What faction are you following?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Zuh, what? You mean you blew up the ziggurat? What faction are you following?

Just Daratan. Meru took me with him to the "birthplace of the gods" (pyramid temple). I went back to Antidas and convinced him to go there and blow the entrance up. Now he tells me to find that other temple with the weapons and I have no idea where even to start.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Just Daratan. Meru took me with him to the "birthplace of the gods" (pyramid temple). I went back to Antidas and convinced him to go there and blow the entrance up. Now he tells me to find that other temple with the weapons and I have no idea where even to start.

Ohhh you blew up Al Akia, I understand where you are now. You need to do one of two things: go to dead river, or to hellgate. To do this, you must go to ganezar and meet with the sick guy in the slums (guard outside his door) or the person in the inn upstairs (second story, leaning against the wall).

By completing the tasks at hellgate or dead river you will be able to go to the temple. Both ways can be brute forced if you're some sort of amazing warrior. Otherwise, dead river needs lore and crafting, while hellgate just needs speech and honour.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Okay, thanks. The guard thing works but I don't have enough alchemy for that and for some reason I cannot enter the inn even though the door is open. Don't know if it's a bug or something else.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Okay, thanks. The guard thing works but I don't have enough alchemy for that and for some reason I cannot enter the inn even though the door is open. Don't know if it's a bug or something else.

That's weird. Are you sure it's the right building? You can see the guy you need to talk to from outside. Look at the second part of ganezar for the building that has an outside seating area on the second floor. Theres a man up there leaning against the wall. Maybe rotate the camera if you have trouble with the door, or see if there's another door.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Yep, Zamedi. I would assume it's impossible, too, but the game does have a skill check and says "failed" in red letters. So presumably there must be some way of passing it. If you have high enough skills, the game says you need to learn how to hack, or something along those lines.

How about dex? I want to say it's an 8 or higher to escape under the door in the daratan palace.

Str? I'm not sure, but it's definitely used. Al Akia has a door to push open, for example.

Go to Ganezzar and talk with the current leader about visiting Meru's private library.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Alright, playing as a Grifter:

In Ganezzar right now and would like to talk to Petras since he said that's where he was going. Is he in the castle? The one I can't get in because my reputation with House Crassus isn't high enough?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
That's weird. Are you sure it's the right building? You can see the guy you need to talk to from outside. Look at the second part of ganezar for the building that has an outside seating area on the second floor. Theres a man up there leaning against the wall. Maybe rotate the camera if you have trouble with the door, or see if there's another door.

I tried rotating the camera, but when I click inside the door to enter the inn, the pointer on the floor is red instead of green.

Elhoim, this looks like a game breaking bug in Ganezzar - not being able to enter the inn.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
the lich potion

Holy fuck, what? I want to be a lich!

I am a goddamn lich in real life! No emotions, no body, no affects, just pure thought (and nobody can hurt my heart because it is in a phylactery)

What the hell is this game about. I went for 9 / 9 / 6 / 8 / 4 / 4, sword + dodge + CS and some crafting and alchemy.

You really are tossed around in the gutter with a low social stats char ; I expected to get to Centurion after the whole IG questline in Teron, but instead Carrinas plays around with me with the prisoner nonsense. At least he let the chains loose, but I should go back and kill the old man. When I have power armor I sure will. Your time will come. Everyone's time will come... I will end the world with my goddamn sword

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
There isn't a temple district in Maadoran.

He's referring to the person that Domitius Ulpius sends you to.

Domitius is in the Arena district of Maadoran. When you first arrive, talk to the person standing on the corner across the street from the arena entrance. He will tell you that he's heard the name before and that the person lives somewhere near the Arena.

The exact location is one of the homes behind the arena. Just check the doors, there's only two or three buildings there. Be aware that there's a few events that trigger when you walk about the arena district. You can't walk directly to him without encountering the traveling merchant and, depending on which way you walk, the riot against the zealots. If you want to avoid these events for now, just use the teleport function to go to the fort, and then walk behind the arena passing the brothel.

Don't wait too long to get the package quest from the guy standing by the slums. He disappears after a while if you don't talk to him.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I've just killed everyone in Teron Inn and by everyone I mean storyteller, alchemist and the innkeeper (the rest are extras). It seems that of that sort inkeeper with his spiked club is most dangerous and alchemist is a joke.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Thief has a pretty easy access to that, it is buyable in the tavern. Other characters probably can buy it in Madeeran, which is kinda screwy considering it is helpful in a Teron quest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom