Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
At the Library of Saross, I have found the switch for the secret chamber, but when I push the switch, it says nothing happens probably needs power, what am I missing?
RE: Library, you should examine the generator (Lore 3, Crafting 3?) in the central chamber as well as you can and interrogate Abukar about it with medium-high persuasion or streetwise + intelligence. You can skip talking to Abukar entirely if you got the air valve from the prospector outside and you have a high enough combined crafting and intelligence to

redfarm

Barely Literate
At the Library of Saross, I have found the switch for the secret chamber, but when I push the switch, it says nothing happens probably needs power, what am I missing?
RE: Library, you should examine the generator (Lore 3, Crafting 3?) in the central chamber as well as you can and interrogate Abukar about it with medium-high persuasion or streetwise + intelligence. You can skip talking to Abukar entirely if you got the air valve from the prospector outside and you have a high enough combined crafting and intelligence to
Thanks, invested some points in crafting and got the machine going that did the trick too bad my perception is only 7 for noticing the table hole :(

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
q4Udha8.png

Making friends everywhere I go.

Mozg

Arcane
A brute pure combat praetor with no talkie skils is fun and funny if you can handle getting "bad" results.

Black Angel

Arcane
Yeah, you have to cull those scrubs or it's off.
What a damn shame.... oh, well. Finally get to rekt those bastard, after spending so much money on bombs and liquid vials I can get in Teron. I for one welcome our new Overlord, His Highness Miltiades the Greatest of them All.

On topic, since no one has mentioned it (even in ITS forum and the wiki doesn't seem to be updated):
1. To get the power tube in the valve near the hangar, you don't just need PER to notice it, but you also need at least 5 Crafting to get the tube out of it.
2. You can get another large module in Maadoran. Visit Tiresias with at least 7 Streetwise and you can fool him into giving you a large module. Although, it's kind of weird to see only Streetwise being checked, since choosing that option resulted in Tiresias mistaken you for someone else, so I once thought you need some Impersonation to pass the check (unless the check is hidden, of course).

Also, guys, are Throwing weapons unable to be poisoned? I tried poisoning mine, but after that first throw the stacks just gone. I remembered DR allow you to poison 20 stacks of Throwing weapon, but here I am frustrated by my throwing weapon losing its poison stack after exactly one throw.

Black Angel

Arcane
How do you even use the items you put in the Bag slot?

Or maybe I should just wait for that update retrofitting DR's new mechanic into this game....

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Bag slots are only really useful for bombs/fire/nets/bolas and more so if you use a small weapon that can fit in a bag-slot, since then switching back and forth does not incur an AP penalty.
For potions and such, you can drink them directly from your inventory via right-click for a 1 AP cost anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
So basically usage of Bag in AoD is to eliminate the AP requirement of removing and equiping stuff to your hand(s) in inventory?

Black Angel

Arcane
You didn't miss anything. I just updated after reading your post :P
I failed my PER check :negative:

Also, just to be sure, anybody can confirm that valve checks is a combined checks between PER and Crafting (like PER + Crafting = x) or independent, simultaneous checks (like (PER = x)(Crafting = y))?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Also, just to be sure, anybody can confirm that valve checks is a combined checks between PER and Crafting (like PER + Crafting = x) or independent, simultaneous checks (like (PER = x)(Crafting = y))?

In the Hangar? There's no PER check, just crafting 5 or STR 8.

case 9: if ((aod.crafting >= 5 || aod.str >= 8) && aod.hangar_tube1 == false) {narratePhrase("Something about this valve catches your eye.<nlo>Removing the valve cap, you find a secret stash, containing several power tubes.<nlo>Unfortunately, only one tube has any charge left."); dlgAddItem(1600, 1); aod.hangar_tube1 = true;} else if(aod.hangar_tube1 == true) {narratePhrase("You check the stash again to make sure you didn't miss anything.");} else {narratePhrase("Something about this valve catches your eye. Unfortunately, the valve cap seems to be stuck.");}

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
So basically usage of Bag in AoD is to eliminate the AP requirement of removing and equiping stuff to your hand(s) in inventory?
Yes.
If you equip something directly from inventory, the cost is weapon de-equip cost + item equip cost. So if you equip a bag item instead, you only pay the weapon de-equip cost. If the weapon can be placed in the bag slot the other item came from, they just switch places and you pay nothing.
Same concepts apply when you're switching back again. I think dragging a large weapon over an equipped item will put the item in the inventory per default and not back in the bag, so put the item back in the bag first to save as many AP as possible. Doesn't apply when the weapon is in the bag of course.
At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works...

Dunno how DR does it though, haven't gotten around to it yet. I assume you can just use the item directly from the bag in that? I.e. throw nets without fiddling with (de)equipping and such?

Black Angel

Arcane
In the Hangar? There's no PER check, just crafting 5 or STR 8.

case 9: if ((aod.crafting >= 5 || aod.str >= 8) && aod.hangar_tube1 == false) {narratePhrase("Something about this valve catches your eye.<nlo>Removing the valve cap, you find a secret stash, containing several power tubes.<nlo>Unfortunately, only one tube has any charge left."); dlgAddItem(1600, 1); aod.hangar_tube1 = true;} else if(aod.hangar_tube1 == true) {narratePhrase("You check the stash again to make sure you didn't miss anything.");} else {narratePhrase("Something about this valve catches your eye. Unfortunately, the valve cap seems to be stuck.");}
Ah, then the wiki page mentioning it needs PER to notice it is wrong, as well. Though, it's weird the description said, "Something about the valve catch your eyes" or something like that, hinting at some hidden PER check taking place. Of course, it's even weirder my 5 PER character noticed it anyway.

Yes.
If you equip something directly from inventory, the cost is weapon de-equip cost + item equip cost. So if you equip a bag item instead, you only pay the weapon de-equip cost. If the weapon can be placed in the bag slot the other item came from, they just switch places and you pay nothing.
Same concepts apply when you're switching back again. I think dragging a large weapon over an equipped item will put the item in the inventory per default and not back in the bag, so put the item back in the bag first to save as many AP as possible. Doesn't apply when the weapon is in the bag of course.
At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works...

Dunno how DR does it though, haven't gotten around to it yet. I assume you can just use the item directly from the bag in that? I.e. throw nets without fiddling with (de)equipping and such?
Thanks.

And yeah, in DR the UI has been nicely improved so you can now use items directly from the bag instead of having to go to inventory screen every time.

You should start DR as soon as possible, it felt so good every time you manage to pull off some tactics from all the positioning, applying your weapons with poisons and whetstone, setting up what character use nets/bolas, using barbed or piercing etc etc.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
So that is why there were no PER checks in my list! I need to edit it again.

Urbanolo

Augur
Black Angel I have 98 hours in AoD and almost all the achievements and I've just learnt there is someone called Tiresias in Maadoran. Holy shit the game just gives on giving.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
I have 98 hours in AoD and almost all the achievements and I've just learnt there is someone called Tiresias in Maadoran. Holy shit the game just gives on giving.
ITS has enough of a connection to the Codex that it had to include at least one transexual in AoD.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I didn't learn about him until after 100+ hours neither. Started digging around in the game files, found his script and went "who the fuck is this". His door is well hidden amongst the ten other random doors in the Merchant district that do nothing when you click on them.

Parabalus

Arcane
Only found him at the 3d/4th char, clicked on the door by accident and couldn't believe I missed him. Tried to convince myself he was added with an update but I settled on the fact that I'm just a blind fuck. Really cool guy as a generic trainer too.

Black Angel

Arcane
I found the guy in my very first playthrough (just bought the game like 2-3 weeks ago), but only discovered the opportunity to use Streetwise to trick him into giving the Large Module at my 2nd. I found him because of how well-hidden the door to Domitius is, which made me wonder just how many open-able doors I missed across the cities.

Black Angel

Arcane
Is there a follow-up quests/content to Kemnebi? Right after Down On Luck, the guy told me to check on him after a while to see if he had some more work for me. I know you can get training from him, but is there more to him (especially after we're done with Ganezzar)?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom