Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Seriously tho, are there any future updates planned?

Atchodas

Augur
What armor and weapon i should use in combat with my 6/10/4/10/6/4 assasin in Teron ? my combat stats are really poor 2 dagger 2 dodge 2 thrown ( 6 in CS but that doesnt help in combat too much )also i have few spare skill points maybe enough to raise something in combat by one level . I done most of the sidequests and now i have plenty of combat encounters ahead , but with my current gear ( starter assasin armor and some stolen upgraded dagger which doesnt do any damage to armored targets ) i cant even beat 2 guys in Militiades ambush , i even tried to use expensive consumables like liquid fire but enemy seems to move away from it even with their legs tied .

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
What armor and weapon i should use in combat with my 6/10/4/10/6/4 assasin in Teron ? my combat stats are really poor 2 dagger 2 dodge 2 thrown ( 6 in CS but that doesnt help in combat too much )also i have few spare skill points maybe enough to raise something in combat by one level . I done most of the sidequests and now i have plenty of combat encounters ahead , but with my current gear ( starter assasin armor and some stolen upgraded dagger which doesnt do any damage to armored targets ) i cant even beat 2 guys in Militiades ambush , i even tried to use expensive consumables like liquid fire but enemy seems to move away from it even with their legs tied .

You wasted your points in throw. Unless you decide to make a throw build (not a dagger build), throw is useless. Critical strike is only useful after you already made a significant investment in attack and dodge. 10 points in intelligence is too much if you wanted a combat focused character, unless you decide to invest your civil skill points on crafting and alchemy. Otherwise, you can have 5 or 6 in intelligence and invest the rest on constitution. I suggest you to restart the game and make another build.

makiavelli747

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Village Idiot Shitposter

Atchodas

Augur
I used CS , Sneak , Impersonate to do most of the early Teron stuff ( Infiltrating palace , Raider Camp , Outpost , and most of the sidequests ) and didnt have to fight almost at all it is definitely not useless , also its my decision to go with lowest vitality and avoid as many fights as possible but still have a decent body count , kinda the nature of character im playing . Yet i cant avoid combat entirely .
Also now i have few more spare skill points probably enough to increase both daggers and throwing

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
CS for direct combat purposes is only useful if you already made an substancial investment on your base attack skill. Investing in throwing and daggers is like investing in throwing and hammer, is a complete waste of skill points.

Atchodas

Augur
CS for direct combat purposes is only useful if you already made an substancial investment on your base attack skill. Investing in throwing and daggers is like investing in throwing and hammer, is a complete waste of skill points.
why do you keep writing shit just to write shit , keep your shit to yourself .... i did not took cs for direct combat and i stated that in my first post ( which you failed to read miserably ) , having ranged and melee options is not useless especially for 4 vit character , also thrown weapons benefit from perception which i have maxed .

Anyway original question was what armor to use , if anyone knows some nice options would be nice

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
why do you keep writing shit just to write shit , keep your shit to yourself ....

OnTheEdge.png

i did not took cs for direct combat and i stated that in my first post ( which you failed to read miserably )

Ok, but since you received most of your SPs doing indirect stuff, this makes the whole dagger + throwing discussion completely irrelevant. You can’t seriously expect to face most encounters with this crappy build. Good luck trying to beat encounters at Maadoran with this "tactic".

having ranged and melee options is not useless especially for 4 vit character , also thrown weapons benefit from perception which i have maxed.

You invest either in ranged weapons or in melee weapons. You can’t be successful at both, since you will have to spread your SPs too thin. I never spent one single point in throwing and I think I never missed a net. There is almost universal consensus that throwing is the worse combat skill, but hey, let’s ignore all the facts because I want to win that pointless discussion with that random dude from the internet who was trying to help me by pointing my mistakes. Who care about facts and improving builds when you can fight for being an alpha male, am i right? :D

Anyway original question was what armor to use , if anyone knows some nice options would be nice

With two points in dodge? The armor with highest DR possible, since you won't be able to dodge shit, or at least the armor with the highest DR that preserves most of your max action points. Anyways, this is only useful for a combat build.

Atchodas

Augur
You can’t seriously expect to face most encounters with this crappy build. Good luck trying to beat encounters at Maadoran with this "tactic".
IM NOT ... are you fucking dumb or blind ? this is not combat character , im done here because you cant read.

You dont get it that you have to fight sometimes even if your character isnt build for combat , something your shitty little brain cant handle .

also i beat the fight i had trouble with by using iron armor and helmet

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
If he choose a light armor with low DR and two points in dodge, he won’t last two turns. The extra action points will not be enough.

makiavelli747

Dumbfuck!
I used CS , Sneak , Impersonate to do most of the early Teron stuff
The only problem with your build is that impersonate works not so great with charisma 4.
For combat, when using daggers you don't need strength 6, you need 10 or drop it to 4. If you have strength 4 then just hit arterial with perception 10 & high CS skill.
With perception 10 you also can effectively use both range/close combat skills, but for that you need to make more attacking kind of build, you need to kill things really fast.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Of course, and it would be even better without any investments on dagger! :D

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
You can't attack with throwing weapon when opponent is right next to you. So no, it wouldn't.

Oh, but it would! You can have higher throwing, higher alchemy, higher dodge and higher critical strike, and you can have all these stats higher earlier in the game. I would say it makes a big difference. Of course, I could make a whole playtrough with a bow/melee to show how I can be successful with a non-optional build, but then again, between wasting half of my Sunday just to convince some random dude from the web and doing something else, I will prefer doing something else. :D

makiavelli747

Dumbfuck!
Oh, but it would! You can have higher throwing, higher alchemy, higher dodge and higher critical strike, and you can have all these stats higher earlier in the game.
you should compare dagger+throwing vs. daggers-only. with throwing you can cripple opponents before they can get to you. it means like.. you get ~+30 to your dodge or THC, which is exact bonus you get for investing in both.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
The real comparison is not between dagger + throwing vs dagger only, but dagger + throwing vs pure dagger + whatever other important skill you deem important (dodge, crafting, alchemy, CS, etc.) or dagger + throwing vs pure throwing + whatever other important skill you deem important. Every additional point you invest on throwing is a lost point in another skill. This makes a huge difference because two more points in dodge in a particular moment of the game can transform you from a regular dude to an almost untouchable god. Besides, throwing requires a lot of resources and crafting, which makes the dagger + throwing even more punishing, especially if you consider the earlier fights. Notice that I’m not saying is not feasible. There are many ways to beat this game; all you need is have a basic understanding of which fights you need to pick first, etc. What I’m saying is that this is an unnecessary complication, in the same way that driving with your feet is an unnecessary complication. Of course, you can waste your time trying to prove to me how driving with your feet is awesome, but my reply is that this is not impressive, because you would drive even better with your hands.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom