Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Elhoim Vault Dweller

It seems that Aemolas disappears after I travel to Maadoran (he's not in the marketplace anyway and I doubt he's somewhere else), I wanted to talk to him after I got 1 Word of honour point but it seems that this quest is no longer available in such a case. Which would be a bit strange considering that the treasure is well hidden so the offer should still stand. Although I can understand if it was done to prevent exploits.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Elhoim Vault Dweller

It seems that Aemolas disappears after I travel to Maadoran (he's not in the marketplace anyway and I doubt he's somewhere else), I wanted to talk to him after I got 1 Word of honour point but it seems that this quest is no longer available in such a case. Which would be a bit strange considering that the treasure is well hidden so the offer should still stand. Although I can understand if it was done to prevent exploits.

He should be around. Which version of Teron? Can you send a savegame?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
This the save before I leave Teron: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ck2jhai9rd9h315/Weakass1467814197_Ass_3_-_SP.sav

And this is after I leave Maadoran and arrive in Teron with mercs all over the place: http://www.mediafire.com/download/e3uwm5sluy3bs5y/Weakass1467814197_no_aemolas.sav

I haven't done everything in Teron before I left to Maadoran and went back to Teron immediately, although I doubt it makes any difference. And the game has the latest patch installed. And before anyone asks, I haven't asked him about the village because otherwise this quest would no longer be available. The stall has his things but no Aemolas. FYI, I won't be using that save so you don't have to fix it and send me back.

Latelistener

Arcane
Was it really necessary to tie some important items and endings to attribute points in such way? I feel like in order to create more or less viable build I have to consume an immense amount of spoilers, because almost every guide and thread is filled with it.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Was it really necessary to tie some important items and endings to attribute points in such way? I feel like in order to create more or less viable build I have to consume an immense amount of spoilers, because almost every guide and thread is filled with it.
Why not play it blind and see what you get? Making a viable build is easy. Making a 'max content + specific ending' build isn't, but getting those endings shouldn't be something you plan in advance.

Latelistener

Arcane
Why not play it blind and see what you get? Making a viable build is easy. Making a 'max content + specific ending' build isn't, but getting those endings shouldn't be something you plan in advance.
I guess it's in the nature of man to want to win a game, not just complete it. This game doesn't want to be won, though. Refreshing.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Actually, is even worse. It’ not about wining, because you can beat an unforgiving game such as AoD and enjoy the experience. It’s about having his ego stroked in artificial game world that is there just so that he can explore and do whatever he wants. He is used to feel like the chosen one, but now he is an underdog with limitations. Apparently, that is “bad design”.

Vault Dweller

Developer
I guess it's in the nature of man to want to win a game, not just complete it. This game doesn't want to be won, though. Refreshing.
You don't need to have certain stats to beat the game. You only need it to unlock certain endings like become a god and succeed where the Magi of old had failed. Obviously we couldn't let anyone to become a god, not even if they really, really want to. Such things were meant to be discovered by accident not planned in advance.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Is there any way to get to that flying city above Madoraan? I had the ghost arm and the lens and all that stuff but I never managed to figure out if a path exists.

Nope, no way.

lame, dude. lame.
The idea occurred to me when we were doing the second pass on Maadoran. It's not something that's been planned from day one but cut later. So I left it there as a 'seed', something to grow into an extra later, if the game does really well, i.e. if we could take 6-8 months extra time (on top of 4-6 months of already scheduled post-release work) and grow this and other seeds into extra content). The game sold well enough for us to continue but not enough to work on extra content for almost a year.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
The idea occurred to me when we were doing the second pass on Maadoran. It's not something that's been planned from day one but cut later. So I left it there as a 'seed', something to grow into an extra later, if the game does really well, i.e. if we could take 6-8 months extra time (on top of 4-6 months of already scheduled post-release work) and grow this and other seeds into extra content). The game sold well enough for us to continue but not enough to work on extra content for almost a year.
Maybe later.
There is always a tomorrow.

laclongquan

Arcane
Maybe later.
There is always a tomorrow next Thursday.

Fix for historical truth!

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
I bought and played the game at release, and am looking at playing it again.
Should i play it now, or maybe wait in case more updates are planned?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I bought and played the game at release, and am looking at playing it again.
Should i play it now, or maybe wait in case more updates are planned?
Wait for the CSG to be fully released.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom