Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

TigerKnee

Arcane
That explains a lot - I never climbed that particular part of the palace (I thought they lead to the same place since the other is easier to climb IIRC?) and I also never had Traps 4.

You don't need Throwing btw - if you have a Climbing Hook (NOT the Grappling Hook with Rope) from the TG shop, you can do it with 6 Str/9Dex - any less seems to fail for me so this is a pretty hard climb.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finally started playing. Got super fucked in my first run. The game's combat is awesome and I sure need to readjust my thought process for the rest of the game. I got fucked just by saying hell ya Im gonna kill you all a couple of times. Not a wise move

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
first time i played it was those hobos with sticks from that girl who stole your money.

i died
I run after a thief that stole...1 gold from me. I argued with the guard. He fought me. I killed him after 6 reloads. Other guards came and kicked me out of the town after like 1 hour in there. In the next town, I followed some thugs trying to rob a merchant and they murdered me for fun.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Does anyone remember how many skill training opportunities the TG questline has?

Teron has Aziz and Livia
Maadoran has Cyrus

Anything else?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I found dodge to be crap. It's pretty much as shitty compared to block as it was all these years ago in the demo I'd played. Apparently it was better at some time but then got nerfed. Of course if you want to use two-handers there's not much choice but to go dodge.
For instance I killed the raiders in teron with 4 block, yeah have fun trying that with 4 dodge, heck even 5. The two archers will eradicate you in 2 combat rounds. You try to kill them first but you never actually reach them because you die before coming near. There are a lot of situations with ranged opponents that are hell as a dodger but pretty mild if you're a blocker.

Trashos

Arcane
OK, Eyestabber is more experienced than I am, but I have done 3 playthroughs with spears, and here are my thoughts.

- why cs? It got great synergy with daggers for example but i dont actually see how is it worth for slow spear build... and you aim for arteries anyway

This I can't answer, I haven't used CS with spears.

whats the significance of 9 dex over 8?

I usually go with Dex 8 myself. Of course, 1 more AP may mean 1 better attack per round. On the other hand, it also depends on the armor you are planning to use. Both 8 and 9 are perfectly doable.

I understand that armors gives penalty to dodge(mind you the only fighting build i had was unarmored dodge/cs/dagger) along with ap limit. Whats the optimal armor?

The optimal armor is probably the power armor, but you only get it after you reach Ganezzar, and it has other requirements as well. Before that, I usually craft a light armor for when I need dodge, and a heavier armor for when my dodging is not good enough anyway. I alternate.

- 2h vs 1h: 1h is for heavier armored builds with shield?

Yes, but not only. 1h is very handy in closed spaces or when you plan to use feint. So I usually keep both a romach (2h) and a hasta (1h) on me and choose depending on the fight. Now there is also an awesome bastard spear you can get in Maadoran (1h with a longer reach).

- you only intercept the enemy when they enter your spear melee radius? Which would mean that for 1h spears its smaller and as such easier to manage while moving around? Also with 1h you can attack enemies in front of you

Yes. Generally 2h is better in the open where you have a lot of space to retreat. I prefer 1h when I can't maneuver much or when I expect that my character will be surrounded.

- are you able to stop enemies from running away from you(ranged ones for example) at all with spears?

Yes.

Generally speaking, no matter what we tell you, expect to be killed often and try different things.

valcik

Arcane
Dodge needs to be combined with other things, such as high dexterity and light armor in order to keep your armor penalty as low as possible. My 12 DEX spear wielding mercenary, wearing handcrafted iron manica, haven't had any troubles to wipe out all the bandits in Aemolas village with 6 points in dodge on first try. ^^

This I can't answer, I haven't used CS with spears.
High CS value affects your chance to overcome opponent's CS protection, works wonders when combined with serrated edge on your weapon and using aimed hits. This is how I've killed Agathoth in two turns:
Piw7aL3.jpg

Last edited:

Old One

Arcane
One of my characters (a Drifter, siding primarily with IG but really out for himself) finally...

...became THE living god. Silly beast-men. Pretty nice. I'd actually like to see even more text for that ending, going into extreme detail about all the improvements of your new Golden Age. Since it's probably the best ending you can possibly get, it should have a suitable reward, story-wise.

In a previous playthrough, the incident with Livia early on in Teron...

...is the one place in the game that made me say, "In this circumstance, my current character would definitely become a rapist."

There should be an ending in which Miltiades becomes Emperor.
There should be an ending in which the Ordu conquer Maadoran.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
There should be an ending in which Miltiades becomes Emperor. There should be an ending in which the Ordu conquer Maadoran.

Awesome ideas. Please, ITS, make it happen!

The optimal armor is probably the power armor, but you only get it after you reach Ganezzar.

True, but the power armor has lower DR than other heavy amors.

TigerKnee

Arcane
If you want to use a 2H, then your only choice for armor is probably some kind of High-Crafting Light Metal with 11 AP Max.

Because yeah, Power Armor has a built-in shield that can't be removed.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
There should be an ending in which Miltiades becomes Emperor. There should be an ending in which the Ordu conquer Maadoran.

Yeah, and there should be an ending where Cassius takes over Balthazar and becomes a god and where Gaius just gives up Maadoran and where Antidas wins and where other things happen that totally make sense if you disregard all lore, character and what little story you make for yourself.

Zeriel

Arcane
But what about the ending where Balzaar becomes a housewife?

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy

Yeah, and there should be an ending where Cassius takes over Balthazar and becomes a god and where Gaius just gives up Maadoran and where Antidas wins and where other things happen that totally make sense if you disregard all lore, character and what little story you make for yourself.

Disregarding the lore? So when you con most people in the game to achieve what otherwise would be impossible, are you disregarding the lore? When you help Mitilades go from a random scumbag to a noble, are you disregarding the lore? When you convince the Ordu to help Gaelius, and convince one of the IG to let him pass to Maadoran, are you disregarding the lore? If you convince them to help Gaelius, you could convince them to take over Maadoran. If you can help Mitialdes become a noble overnight, and he still hunger for power, you can help him become emperor. The whole thing that the game world tell us is that no scheme, however complicated it may be, is impossible to implement.

Last edited:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I dunno man, I was pretty drunk last night. Please disregard my posts.
Still, I don't buy that Militiades would ever get to be in a real position of power, because there would be too many assholes like him, circling him, scrutinizing his every move, waiting for him to fall and perhaps giving him a little push.
More about characters and what kind of characters would even be in that situation in the first place.

Old One

Arcane
Speaking of Cassius, I actually find him to be one of the most disappointingly underdeveloped characters in the game. He should be a fountain of knowledge, but he has very little to say after the one conversation you have with him in the Daratan compound. If you ask him about the Jellyfish artefact, he tells you to come back and tell him if you ever find a use for it. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any dialogue to do that.

I'd like to see all the loremasters beefed up with more dialogue. Abukar the Mad in Maadoran has a fair amount because you can ask him about different objects you find, but there are many objects you can't ask him about, even though he's probably the most talkative loremaster overall. There are a couple of objects you can ask multiple loremasters about. For instance, the grooved sphere you sometimes find at the start of the game. You can ask Feng about it, and also Abukar. You can ask Feng, Cassius, and Abukar about the Jellyfish. I'd like to see more of this for more objects, because it's fun to compare their differing assessments. Gaelius's loremaster is also very good, but he has very limited dialogue about objects.

Trashos

Arcane

Yes, it is not a no-brainer armor, but still I find that its advantages outweigh the disadvantages for dodge builds. I expect the same for block builds, but i haven't played one yet.

I run after a thief that stole...1 gold from me. I argued with the guard. He fought me. I killed him after 6 reloads. Other guards came and kicked me out of the town after like 1 hour in there. In the next town, I followed some thugs trying to rob a merchant and they murdered me for fun.

Great fun, this short story should feature on Iron Tower's website.

Now that I think about it, maybe ITS should have a widget on their website with quotes of misery stories like the this. It would be pretty cool.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy

Yes, it is not a no-brainer armor, but still I find that its advantages outweigh the disadvantages for dodge builds. I expect the same for block builds, but i haven't played one yet.

Blocker builds are awesome. You don't know what you are missing. The utility of the power armor depends on the build and the circumstances. I was playing recently with a blocker non-optimal mercenary with high charisma and intelligence, and I was being crushed by the last fights at the fort in Gannezar. Even with super-high block I was getting hit constantly and the armor wasn’t absorbing all the damage. My only salvation was an imperial armor. The same thing happened with the Windowmaker. I didn't want to use nets and bolas, so the solution was a two-handed weapon, which can be used with an imperial armor – again, another disadvantage for dodge builds.

Great fun, this short story should feature on Iron Tower's website.

Now that I think about it, maybe ITS should have a widget on their website with quotes of misery stories like the this. It would be pretty cool.

Seconded.

Last edited:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
What builds are viable for killing agatoth?

I killed him once with a dodge/crit/dagger assasin with high lore(to get the canister and use the power armor's last mode). Never tried killing him again and was wondering if there are other viable builds. Is it possible to do it with a block build for example?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Killing Agatoth isn't really that hard if you save an eagly eye potion and one of those +40% dmg berserk potions for it, or if you have a crafted meteor weapon. He doesn't really live that long when you're doing 20-30 dmg with each fast attack.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I remember I killed him quickly on the first or second turn with a few crits, didn't leave many chances for him to counter. I guess I thought he was stronger than he in fact is.

I'll try making a blocker then and see how it goes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom