Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

mushaden

Scholar
What's all this I hear about Miltiades? I've gone with him to the ambush in Teron, killed the 2 guys, then accepted his offer to help fleece another merchant. After I killed that merchant and the two guards Miltiades just doesn't show up again (which is perfectly understandable). How do I get into all this further content I hear he's involved in?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
What's all this I hear about Miltiades? I've gone with him to the ambush in Teron, killed the 2 guys, then accepted his offer to help fleece another merchant. After I killed that merchant and the two guards Miltiades just doesn't show up again (which is perfectly understandable). How do I get into all this further content I hear he's involved in?

Yes.
In Ganezzar you will meet a certain nobleman trying to keep the religious fanatics at bay. If you side with him you'll be able to bring Milti in to "help".

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Any character / build suggestions for a second playthrough?

I finished my first playthrough as a non-combat loremaster earlier today and I sort of vaguely understood what was going on. I'd like to delve into the game's mysteries some more but I suppose I played the best class for that and missed a whole load of stuff! :oops:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

I finished my first playthrough as a non-combat loremaster earlier today and I sort of vaguely understood what was going on. I'd like to delve into the game's mysteries some more but I suppose I played the best class for that and missed a whole load of stuff! :oops:

Praetor. Either pick the praetor class or become a praetor for house aurelian. Praetors get a lot of insight into what goes in the Great Lords' heads.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Praetor. Either pick the praetor class or become a praetor for house aurelian. Praetors get a lot of insight into what goes in the Great Lords' heads.

Thanks, took your suggestion on. Got into my first fight and promptly got owned though, any advice for a balanced combat / non combat build? :D

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer

Did you find him in Teron in front of Feng's house? After that, you'll meet him in Maadoran, then in Ganezzar after completing a questline.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

Thanks, took your suggestion on. Got into my first fight and promptly got owned though, any advice for a balanced combat / non combat build? :D

10 int and cha, rest in per focus on streetwise, persuasion. Less focus on lore, impers. You can win some fights with no combat skills, just put heavy armor for cassius and in maadoran use arbiter dagger with poison from slums trader. You want some dmg to heal 3 times for monastery quest.

praetor and merchant questlines are mainly for talkers

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Best hybrid i think is assasin start into house aurelion in 2nd mission. You get extra 15 free crossbow training, so you can play with 4 con and 4 str and do fine with bolter. In combat skills with 6 or 7 in crossbows you do ok, other skils can be non combat.

i.e. any non combat build can do fine with 6 in crossbows, you want some per and some dex though

Blackmill

Scholar

With 10 Alchemy, and no other combat skills, you can easily beat any fight in the game. Also, if you haven't left Teron, I think it's generally better to side with Cassius over Feng, since doing so
gives you access to Feng's room (without needing sneak) which nets you a point in lockpick, lore, and 5 general skill points, in addition to Cassius's training.

Also, if you aren't using a two-handed weapon, try that. Two-handed weapons are much stronger than one-handed weapons in the early game but that reverses after you reach Ganezzar.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Good advice Blackmill & Whisper. :D

I went mainly for a talking Praetor as combat still slightly scares me.

Really impressed with the Praetor-Teron quest line though, manipulating like a true political animal was great.

Next up: Maadoran and seeing if I can find a bunch of stuff I missed in the last playthrough.

mushaden

Scholar
Yes.
In Ganezzar you will meet a certain nobleman trying to keep the religious fanatics at bay. If you side with him you'll be able to bring Milti in to "help".

Darganus? I've helped Darganus and never saw Miltiades

Did you find him in Teron in front of Feng's house? After that, you'll meet him in Maadoran, then in Ganezzar after completing a questline.

I always find him in the merchants plaza near the alchemy merchant...

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Quick question:

Does anyone know how much traps skill I need for the traps in Castle Ganezzar's basement? (Namely after the crouching tiger, hidden dragon reference.)

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Just checked a save I had and I think you need 6 for the one you can't walk past after jumping the chasm if that's the one you mean.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
How you get to castle Gannezar basement?... wth i was sure i explored whole game.

Also WTF moment was to see that Prophet is just charlatan, i was pretty sure he was mystic one.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Faelan, how does he fits in?

No magic world, how he got psionic?

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
How you get to castle Gannezar basement?... wth i was sure i explored whole game.

Also WTF moment was to see that Prophet is just charlatan, i was pretty sure he was mystic one.
It's part of the thieves guild quests.
How did you see that the Prophet was a charlatan? I never saw anything like that. Then again I only met him during the Daratan Praetor questline. High streetwise check or something like with Faelan?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Also, during Daratan Praetor questline.

You need high Streetwise + Impersonate.

And i was SURE he is real prophet in different walkthough's.

mushaden

Scholar
I think you meet him in the beginning (have to play as a grifter) and then recognize him.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I think you meet him in the beginning (have to play as a grifter) and then recognize him.

Or you have high impersonate.

Can anybody spoil me on how to get to certain "hidden places"?

I think the ones I'm missing are: Inferiae, Minaret, Arch

Lore check in the Library of Saross, click on the different scroll shelves.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron

Or you have high impersonate.

Can anybody spoil me on how to get to certain "hidden places"?

I think the ones I'm missing are: Inferiae, Minaret, Arch

Lore check in the Library of Saross, click on the different scroll shelves.

Ah, excellent. Many thanks!

Next character will definitely be checking that out. :D

:bro:

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
I'm currently a tad stuck, can anybody critique (probably scathingly inuslt) my character?

I feel like I've built her into a corner. I can't seem to beat any of the fights I can participate in and persuading people isn't working either. Stats and current quests as follows:

A8Rxp5M.png

xaGQhLF.png

Should I just go for the NWO ending and try again with a new character?

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
IG, right? Which fight you can't win? It's not a bad character, but it's a difficult one (hybrid IG). What's your equipment?

Uh, well, most of the endgame ones. :oops:

The list:
  • Darganus.
  • Power Armor mercs.
  • Ganezzar siege into the breach.
  • Ganezzar siege command tent attack.
  • Basil's follow up quest.
  • The three Barbari dudes in the arena.
Equipment as follows:

MLai2z8.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom