Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

anus_pounder

Arcane
It's kinda a pity that 'he' disappears

When playing through the Maadoran Beta I was often imagining an ending slide where my assassin PC + Neelos + Coltan + The Zamedi Construct walked off together into the sunset as a group of bros.

Really doesn't fit the setting in any way but it would have been cool.

Maybe if someone got VD really drunk and told him a 'wild wasteland' type perk would be a good idea? :troll:

Lexxx20

Learned
About convincing Carrinas in the last IQ quest. Do you have to play create an alliance with him and house daratan for that? Because I tried an IG playthrough where I just killed Antidas and Carrinas straight up took Teron. When I told him of the last IQ quest, he told me to stop plotting and just follow orders. There were no speech checks either or [failiure] message either, I flat out couldn't get him to betray IG high command.

That's a nice question. I've yet to get this achievement myself. But the guy I know got Carrinas' help after persuading him to accept the Antidas as Emperor. So, that might be a requirement. I plan to do a diplomatic IG playthru next, so I'll try this.

You can kill first Automaton in Hellgate with it..

You're talking about the Nullifier. Question was about the ring you can weaken or release the demon with. If you kill the demon or run away with it, it stays in your inventory but has no uses as far as I know.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Edit: Unrelated to this, what the hell causes my Dex to show up in red? I have 9 base dex + 1 from the healing machine in the sewer and should have + 2 from the PA for a total of 12, yet it's only 11 (with the PA; 9 without) what am I missing?
Did you take damage to dexterity from a combat injury? If you get fixed by a healer, dexterity should return to normal.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hmm...he's not there. I did it this way: got the quest, told him to fuck off because I'm working with Valla now, killed the mercenaries, got the PA, went back, killed Valla. Now the journal says to talk to Amerius since I killed Valla, yet I can't find him. Tried hovering the mouse over every NPC in Maadoran, so am I failing my Perception check here?
Since you've told him that you're working for Valla this quest is over but the journal should reflect that. Contact Vault Dweller or Elhoim
In earlier version even when you told him that you're working for Valla he was still waiting at the house and could complete that quest later.

Lexxx20

Learned
Hmm...he's not there. I did it this way: got the quest, told him to fuck off because I'm working with Valla now, killed the mercenaries, got the PA, went back, killed Valla. Now the journal says to talk to Amerius since I killed Valla, yet I can't find him. Tried hovering the mouse over every NPC in Maadoran, so am I failing my Perception check here?

I believe you're not able to find him once you tell him to fuck off. Kinda makes sense. Wasn't that your plan from the start? I wouldn't tell him to fuck off in that case...

He's only available it you tell him you're working on it, AFAIK.

Since you've told him that you're working for Valla this quest is over but the journal should reflect that. Contact Vault Dweller or Elhoim
In earlier version even when you told him that you're working for Valla he was still waiting at the house and could complete that quest later.

Yeah, you could find him later there, no problem. If you didn't tell him to fuck off earlier.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Any way to get this unique Spear in Genazzar without siding with the unwashed masses Demos? I don't mind crucifying some noble to remind the rest of Lords they need to care about the lower ordos more but the Cobbler guy doesn't deserves the cross... the Spear is must for my spear+board Praetor so....

P.S OK found out you can:
Let the Cobbler live then doublecross the Jewelery Merchant and join the People in their struggle. Love this game. :love:

Lexxx20

Learned
Any way to get this unique Spear in Genazzar without siding with the unwashed masses Demos? I don't mind crucifying some noble to remind the rest of Lords they need to care about the lower ordos more but the Cobbler guy doesn't deserves the cross... the Spear is must for my spear+board Praetor so....
OK found out you can:
Let the Cobbler live then doublecross the Jewelery Merchant and join the People in their struggle. Love this game.

If that's the spear I'm thinking about I usually side with zealots harassing the guy on the second floor of the building near the gates (use the ladder). They then sent you to Hector and his second task is to crucify this noble.

Urbanolo

Augur

Well you can also complete the whole noble quest chain and then
complete the Miltiades quest in Ganezzar

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Are there any people in the game who can train you if you pay them?

I finished Thief playthrough with unspent ~4k:keepmyjewgold: So that's why I thought that'd be nice to spend those money on training.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Isn't there an achievement for killing all Lords?
But probably not literally as i cannot initiate combat with them? Or can I?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Where can I find schematics for the "improved" crossbows in the game (double, repeater, scoped etc)? Or as a crafting crossbowman I'm restricted to crafting regular crossbows only?

Lexxx20

Learned
Isn't there an achievement for killing all Lords?
But probably not literally as i cannot initiate combat with them? Or can I?

There is. That's how Vince suggested doing it:

Kill Antidas via Imperial Guards

Destroy Maadoran via Abyss

Sabotage the ritual or use the siege to kill Meru

mushaden

Scholar
Last playthrough I sided with Gaelius and Meru took me inside Al Akia and asked me to do the ritual. This time I sided with Strabos and Meru took me to Al Akia, but we didn't go inside. Furthermore, it's not on my map even though I convinced Paullus not to blow it up. I want to use the facility to become a god (got max CON and INT especially for this) with the help of the kid from the Hellgate. What am I missing? Do I need to go back and side with Gaelius? The only thing I can think of that's different about my character is lower CHA. Did I fail a check with Meru?

Lexxx20

Learned
Last playthrough I sided with Gaelius and Meru took me inside Al Akia and asked me to do the ritual. This time I sided with Strabos and Meru took me to Al Akia, but we didn't go inside. Furthermore, it's not on my map even though I convinced Paullus not to blow it up. I want to use the facility to become a god (got max CON and INT especially for this) with the help of the kid from the Hellgate. What am I missing? Do I need to go back and side with Gaelius? The only thing I can think of that's different about my character is lower CHA. Did I fail a check with Meru?
AFAIK, you only need to KNOW about Al-Akia for the ritual, so this should be enough for Bennie to execute it. Youd don't have to go there via map, Al-Akia is never shown there. Not sure if you could do this after blowing it up though...

You know you also have to visit medical facility via portal, right?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

There is one final step:

Open the sarcophagus and accept Agatoth's offer. Killing him by either blowing up the temple or 1v1 combat will NOT yield the achievement

Lexxx20

Learned
There is one final step:

Open the sarcophagus and accept Agatoth's offer. Killing him by either blowing up the temple or 1v1 combat will NOT yield the achievement
Yes, thanks for the correction! That's an important detail.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012

That's a real shame, i would love to start a massacre in Maadoran's palace and so on... All those guards in their fancy armour look tasty.

mushaden

Scholar
AFAIK, you only need to KNOW about Al-Akia for the ritual, so this should be enough for Bennie to execute it. Youd don't have to go there via map, Al-Akia is never shown there. Not sure if you could do this after blowing it up though...

You know you also have to visit medical facility via portal, right?

Yes, thank you. I swear it used to show up on my map, just updated for this playthrough. I'm quite satisfied with my world domination :)

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
That's a real shame, i would love to start a massacre in Maadoran's palace and so on... All those guards in their fancy armour look tasty.
You can start such massacre but you can't kill anyone in the palace except for Erebus. All guards are dummies with no loot or stats (you can't attack them) and Gaelius is unreachable. If you try to come close to him a text box will open and after your brief conversation you will be thrown many tiles away. And if you try to attack him from a distance (by a crossbow for example) combat freezes (there is an infinite hourglass). How else do you think I've managed to get 452 bodycount (I'm a record holder for now)?

Lexxx20

Learned
You can start such massacre but you can't kill anyone in the palace except for Erebus. All guards are dummies with no loot or stats (you can't attack them) and Gaelius is unreachable. If you try to come close to him a text box will open and after your brief conversation you will be thrown many tiles away. And if you try to attack him from a distance (by a crossbow for example) combat freezes (there is an infinite hourglass). How else do you think I've managed to get 452 bodycount (I'm a record holder for now)?
Well, you can start a "massacre" by either killing Gaelius and all his guards via Assassin's Guild quest (start a personal meeting, then trying to fight for the exit) or by persuading Gaelius' nephew (?) to start a raid on slums. Both are way cooler then just simply kill everyone by starting battle, IMHO :)

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, you can start a "massacre" by either killing Gaelius and all his guards via Assassin's Guild quest (start a personal meeting, then trying to fight for the exit) or by persuading Gaelius' nephew (?) to start a raid on slums. Both are way cooler then just simply kill everyone by starting battle, IMHO :)

Are you not kicked out of Maaradon in latter case? Same as when you temper with Abyss.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom