Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence September Update: Release date - October 14th!

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hahahaha What kind of degenerate would play shit like this?
blowing_up_scorpions.jpg

:notsureifserious:

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
ss_c0b16c4aa1dc96fd0e89c52172df346e19c6341a.600x338.jpg

Charsheets, stats, progression, exploration.

ss_55077907ff1337a520497320d753349031dafd01.600x338.jpg

C&C

ss_d00db45a8af2a283ab416c19fcf083c6ff8a3a82.600x338.jpg

Turn Based combat on hexes.

ss_832bafd8f5de4532eb71d07379d3a672fcfd2b4d.600x338.jpg

ROMANCE!

Everything the codex loves!

How did they not inform us of this gem earlier?!

Aenra

eric has a very good point. Even if delaying the EA further (in order to hype/accommodate prior to reaching a 'release' state) is something you are not inclined to do, you should still consider his advice. The only counter-argument, that the first few days matter and we'll have missed them so why bother, it would not really hold here. This is a game that will build up slow at best. You still have the time.

Cadmus

Arcane
I too wish they could make a trailer like the death trailer, because basically, you can say "fuck it" and tell people this game is awesome and why instead of playing the media PR game. I know shit of course, but it would be fun.
Congratulations to VD and his insane team, I played the demo years ago and decided not to spoil the game for myself so I'm really looking forward to finally playing it.

The game is totally unique and not in the gimmicky way but a proper, fully-fleshed out experience and I wish you a huge success. Of course if you give it to some fucking retard like TB he will complain that you can't set 4 different kinds of antialiasing and you're not hooked fast enough because you need to read some numbers first, so I wouldn't even bother.

Shin

Cipher
Isn't it possible to use royalty free music from a site such as this to get some (free metal) music for the trailer?

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
As for music, the way to do it would be to contact Triarii, explain the game and tell them how it would be beneficial to both of them to use one of their songs in a trailer.

The aesthetics align perfectly. It's pretty crazy.

But it's secondary to the message itself, the song is just an anthem that hooks in the first few seconds + establishes a feeling. The more bombastic and overwhelming it is, the better.

Last edited:

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

No! I have the perfect idea! Have all codexers with microphones record a (latin?) chant, and make it sound like a battle chant. Like they did for The Dark Knight Rises: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbyU6n5blLc Fans could send in their recordings and it got mixed in.

Last edited:

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer

You have something seriously wrong with your aesthetical sense, dude. Or maybe you just haven't played the AoD? Triarii are a neo-fascist group that treats ancient Rome in the same fashin like all the nazi super-saian aryan babble was done. It's hyper-idealized, romanticized, etc. It's a super-ideological group.

AoD is a game where everything is shit and everyone is a greedy, power-hungry, cynical and remorseless fucktard. It's unofficial motto is rather codexian (aworish? though it's usually people like awor who listen to the stuff like triarii) - everything is shit. Everything that happens in the game only showcases it further, even if it's theoretically supposed to look epic, it's still cynical and down to the ground. It's an anti-ideological game.

If anything, AoD's current OST is way, way too elegant and not low-life enough. It definitely doesn't need triarii's bombastic shit (not to mention that they're horrible hacks).

Starwars

Arcane
Modern trailers don't enthrall any more. Here's how you fucking do it:

Aw man, I remember thinking that trailer was fucking awesome... Can't remember what game I had that had it. Some C&C game maybe, or maybe Blade Runner? Not sure...

MrMarbles

Cipher
As for music, the way to do it would be to contact Triarii, explain the game and tell them how it would be beneficial to both of them to use one of their songs in a trailer.

But it's secondary to the message itself, the song is just an anthem that hooks in the first few seconds + establishes a feeling. The more bombastic and overwhelming it is, the better.

They probably have a version lying around without the lyrics, could be good for a bossfight or endgame.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I hate to sound like a broken record, but Vahhabyte word of advice is important:

What really matters now is increasing game coverage and promotion via reposting, translating and writing articles.

It would probably do the trick if AoD fans from different world countries started reposting AoD information and reviews at their local RPG fan boards, communities and publics the way I have been doing on Russian speaking Internets since around 2010.

The steps are easy:

- google a dozen RPG communities in your language and get registered there
- post a detailed and vivid review including game features, screenshots, videos and your personal impressions
- repeat x 12 times
- monitor the replies and respond to praise and criticism. Feed the trolls, to make the discussion lively and emotional Wink

Global English speaking RPG fan communities and boards should be targeted especially. Even Craig's list and Reddit, there are many RPG discussions there.

Make it viral and it will work!

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
I was watching the trailer and what I dislike most already is that many NPC faces in the game remind me of morons and faggots from this site who already use avatars from the game. :|

Also, for some reason, the text in the dialogues is minuscule and in many cases a yuuuge space of the dialogue box is wasted.

ogOCOqF.png

JmnpijE.png

VfTisn9.png

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Man, I can't believe this is ACTUALLY going be released. Good luck to you VD, and to the whole Iron Tower team, It's been a long long ride.... :salute:

13885.jpg

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
It's an anti-ideological game.

Interesting affirmation. It certainly is anti-ideological in the sense that it has a strong anti-authoritarianism vibe going for it - but if anything, it is laden with right-wing ideas which VD is generally fond of. Everyone for themselves, work for your profit, competition, etc. You'd have to characterize it as a kind of manifest for anarcho-capitalism if anything at all. It can't take the idea of altruism and even basic cooperation seriously, which is amusing and rather childish in a certain way. You can just hear the lamentations of the wounded tearful soul telling you that hope is pointless and that you have to harden yourself to face reality ; the romantic crying that the world before was so much better when we didn't have to live like this... oh noooooooooo~~~~~

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom