Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence September Update: Release date - October 14th!

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Nobody posted the new art!

113435.jpg

Starwars

Arcane
I've seen that text so many fucking times, especially during the earlier beta testing. Many times were spent hammering the mousebutton to get back to the main menu.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Everyone for themselves, work for your profit, competition, etc. You'd have to characterize it as a kind of manifest for anarcho-capitalism if anything at all. It can't take the idea of altruism and even basic cooperation seriously, which is amusing and rather childish in a certain way.
It fits the setting, no? Both pseudo-antiquity and 'collapse of an empire'. Not much room for altruism and social justice there. As for cooperation, there is plenty but it's not in your face. Certainly not in a Biowarian "let's hold hands, sing kumbaya, and work together" fashion.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Interesting affirmation. It certainly is anti-ideological in the sense that it has a strong anti-authoritarianism vibe going for it - but if anything, it is laden with right-wing ideas which VD is generally fond of. Everyone for themselves, work for your profit, competition, etc. You'd have to characterize it as a kind of manifest for anarcho-capitalism if anything at all. It can't take the idea of altruism and even basic cooperation seriously, which is amusing and rather childish in a certain way. You can just hear the lamentations of the wounded tearful soul telling you that hope is pointless and that you have to harden yourself to face reality ; the romantic crying that the world before was so much better when we didn't have to live like this... oh noooooooooo~~~~~

What Pope Amole meant is that the game doesn’t have that epic greatness commonly associated with cRPGs, not that he was amoral or apolitical. And by the way, I disagree with him. AoD doesn’t stroke your ego like Skyrm, but the epic thing is there. The big battles, powerful items, arena and some of the endings, attest to that fact. The epic thing is not restricted only to the ego stroking, but also encompass the overall importance of the events taking place. Killing a random dude for hire is one thing. Killing a king or facing a legendary entity of the past is another thing entirely in the order of things.

Cazzeris

They are also more consistent with other parts of the interface, like the intro/ending slides.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It fits the setting, no? Both pseudo-antiquity and 'collapse of an empire'. Not much room for altruism and social justice there. As for cooperation, there is plenty but it's not in your face. Certainly not in a Biowarian "let's hold hands, talk about butt sex, and have some wildass orgies" fashion.
Fixed that for you

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
<snip> it's not in your face. Certainly not in a Biowarian "let's hold hands, talk about butt sex, and have some wildass orgies" fashion.
Fixed that for you
There really weren't ANY 'in your face' moments in any of Bioware's love simulators.
I personally found that to be a sad oversight.
Since when have cumshots not been a traditional part of romance?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Finally getting around to downloading the demo. Hope it's good, I've been dying to play a good RPG with a Rome setting. I think the last decent one was Gladius for the GameCube.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom