Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Decadence Reviews

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Also, is there a honourable, good path?

Without lying, decieving, betraying?

IG path? Though it starts quite awkward but that is not your fault.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Someone at CD-Action forum has said that he loves turn based games, especially Fallout and Jagged Alliance 2 but Age of Decadence is just too hard for him. He whines that even when he used cheat engine and he had infinite amount of AP he still couldn't land a hit. What a retard.

Source: http://forum.cdaction.pl/index.php?showtopic=278718&#entry4157367

Maybe some Pole with better English skills could translate more - this guy is something else.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
19275.jpg

19275.jpg

19275.jpg

19275.jpg

19275.jpg

19275.jpg

Best character since Dak'kon!

I changed my avatar. Anybody who look at this post will think you are referring to Hector, not Miltiades.

Cadmus

Arcane

Wolfe

Arbiter
disagree with "pretty buggy at launch", I've had 2 crashes in 4,5 playthroughs + some typos + 1 specific camera issue and you really only mention a crash, this would be a 11/10 GOTY EDITION release state for all the AAA games
it reads as if you need to actually put some more cons in there to make it feel more legitimate

True, I had to struggle to think of the cons but I did run into multiple crashes, some of which happened in the most inopportune moments.

Cadmus

Arcane
True, I had to struggle to think of the cons but I did run into multiple crashes, some of which happened in the most inopportune moments.
Multiple as in 3 or 23? It's your review, I'm just saying that this statement doesn't seem adequate to me.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Somewhere around 10 to 15. Anyway, played a few hours over the past days and had no crashes, I'll add a few lines mentioning that it's a smoother experience now. Thanks for the feedback.

Cadmus

Arcane
Somewhere around 10 to 15. Anyway, played a few hours over the past days and had no crashes, I'll add a few lines mentioning that it's a smoother experience now. Thanks for the feedback.
Yeah well I haven't read all of the review yet. It's just that this immediately stood out to me.
10-15 is a high number so I agree it's justified to mention it. I would have said the game crashed a lot instead "it's buggy" but ok.

Wolfe

Arbiter
No problem, I've only recently started writing reviews so any type of feedback is welcome.

Yeah, crashed a lot it's a better fit than buggy. Buggy usually is more associated with broken quests, bad triggers, etc, while crashes is usually more about different computers being more prone to crash due to base engine issues. My two cents, of course :)

Good point, I corrected it.

Last edited:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Yeah, crashed a lot it's a better fit than buggy. Buggy usually is more associated with broken quests, bad triggers, etc, while crashes is usually more about different computers being more prone to crash due to base engine issues. My two cents, of course :)

Cadmus

Arcane
I'd like to add that I hate when some reviews handwave such distinctions because it hurts the game and is not honest. Especially for a game like AoD, had I had even the tiniest suspicion that the quest scripts were bugged upon release, I wouldn't have played it because it's the most important thing in the game. Because you guys did such a good job of making sure that everything works and the player is safe from the game breaking down on him and considering how intertwined and complicated all the quests are, the review would be factually incorrect or at best ignorant and would hurt the game. In a game like this, the player must be able to trust the devs to not fuck it up by being lazy and ITS have earned this trust. I never felt the need to check some guide to make sure a quest isn't broken as I do in practically every game (and I'm often correct in thinking it's bugged).

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
It had those too.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
It had those too.

Yeah. Not saying the game is absolutely perfect, I'm fixing a few issues on Ganezzar, which was the least tested part (especially when you start doing strange combinations of events, especially with the Abyss), but I'm quite happy with the state of the scripting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom