Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Decadence Reviews

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Pretty lousy game. Your character will fail at just about everything, making most of the quests basically impossible to complete from the very beginning. Solid writing, but horrible gameplay. Dont waste your time.
Usually I try to help people who are struggling but I'm not even sure what to tell him.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Usually I try to help people who are struggling but I'm not even sure what to tell him.
He's a Skyrim lover so what can you expect? Anyway, there have been quite a few negative reviews recently and as expected all of them are of the "it's too hard" variety. It still amazes me how stupid some people are.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Pretty lousy game. Your character will fail at just about everything, making most of the quests basically impossible to complete from the very beginning. Solid writing, but horrible gameplay. Dont waste your time.
"git gud"

i was about to say the same thing :(

Y u stole my thunder

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron

Tell him you're sorry he didn't like the game, but to look out for your next release, CSRPG, which will cater to a younger, more casual crowd. :lol:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Now I understand why Codex users talk so much about The Age of Decadence. I just finished my first playthrough in 14h, and already I'm dying to start another one.

This was the first game I played after entering Codex and I chose exactly because it is a game that people here speak so well! Thank you all for making this masterpiece known to me. :salute:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Congratulations Vault Dweller Elhoim , your game has been reviewed by a guy who reviews male libido enhancement / testosterone pills :obviously:. Although he didn't buy the game but pirated it on TPB he clearly liked it.
4f6xE1G.png

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Now I understand why Codex users talk so much about The Age of Decadence. I just finished my first playthrough in 14h, and already I'm dying to start another one.

This was the first game I played after entering Codex and I chose exactly because it is a game that people here speak so well! Thank you all for making this masterpiece known to me. :salute:

50e.png

Congratulations Vault Dweller Elhoim , your game has been reviewed by a guy who reviews male libido enhancement / testosterone pills :obviously:. Although he didn't buy the game but pirated it on TPB he clearly liked it.

Those on the right are advertisements not articles. Advertisements follow people on the internet based on sites they have been on and the searches they have made. Those ads are results of you typing too often into the google phrases like "male libido pills,help fast!" or "need libido pills which will work this time"
:troll:

TheWorld

Educated
I've finally gotten around to trying this after reading so much good stuff about it on the codex. I've played just a few hours but I'm really loving it. I'm playing in parallel a talker merchant and a mercenary fighter walkthrough. In the first two cities there's so much quality content. Lots of quests with different resolution. You really feel like you can RP your character and make different choices. It's fun just reloading and checking how things could have been different.
I'm playing my merchant as a real son of a bitch. Loved when Strabos said "yeah i gave your name to the boatman". My idea "oh... okay. Well mr. Assassin what would you say if I gave you the names of all these evil conspirators?"
Also great how the different playthroughs offer another point of view on the same situation. I hope the quality will be there until the end of the game.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
2 new reviews on GOG, both negative, one made by a retard who can't read and who didn't even bother to fight because he's too retarded, the other by some Nazi-descendant cuck who can't learn from his mistakes. Classic.

ErXKLnr.jpg

I could've read a book instead.
The writing is poor and dull. The graphics are mostly pointless because this is really just a text choose-your-own adventure book. All you do is read long swaths of (poor, dull) writing and click through tedious dialogue trees. And die if you pick the wrong thing. Wish I could get a refund.

Konzept gut, Schwierigkeitsgrad zu hoch
Sehr cooles konzept und gute ideen. Eigentlich ein rundes und gutes Spiel. Leider zerstört der schwierigkeitsgrad den kompletten spielspaß. Ich habe mir extra einen Krieger gemacht und muss dennoch in jedem Kampf mindestens 20 mal laden, weil so ziemlich jeder Feind im Spiel trotzdem stärker ist als du und sie kommen niemals alleine. Selbst mit Walkthrough ist vieles unschaffbar ohne viel Glück.Fazit: Für Glückspilze oder Leute mit Nerven aus Stahl ein tolles Spiel. Für alle anderen nur frustrierend und sehr zeitaufwendig.

Aenra

Why so edgy? For most people, that's all it is, a CYOA..
Is it so inconceivable that someone paying for an RPG and ending up with a CYOA ends up disappointed?

(before you say it, yes, for most people. It takes a lot of rerolls to learn the combat tropes and a lot of people, logically, burn out after the first 482625 rerolls. It also assumes some deeper understanding of mechanics that are by now forgotten; mechanics for which no AoD manual exists to prepare you for by the way. Last but not least, it really is best played as a CYOA. RPG + combat entails a number of things AoD simply does not offer, mostly being comprised of dialogue screens)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom