Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Decadence Reviews

Saduj

Arcane
What thumbs down button?

The one at the bottom of the review that says "No" and has a picture of a downward pointing thumb. I just clicked it 97 times on negative reviews.

Edit: My favorite negative review was from the guy who had over 140 hrs played and said "This game gets boring pretty fast".

anus_pounder

Arcane
What thumbs down button?

The one at the bottom of the review that says "No" and has a picture of a downward pointing thumb. I just clicked it 97 times on negative reviews.

Edit: My favorite negative review was from the guy who had over 140 hrs played and said "This game gets boring pretty fast".

Only 140 Hours worth of gameplay, did not tear me away from oblivion fallout 3 skyrim Fallout 4. Thumbs down.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
He complained non-stop for a year ago that the game isn't out yet, demanded the content to be released at once, then started claiming it's a scam and we aren't releasing it because we're swimming in Early Access money, then decided to show us that he means business and posted a negative review. Oh well...

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Now this is funny -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007433004/recommended/230070/ only some 184.4 hours and still ticking :)
Basically you either need to become a set of moronic slavering super hard wired muscles & reflexes OR the total bulging headed smarmy run from & con everything because a sneeze will kill you. Nothing in between works.

Thus all the apparent possibilities just vapourise.
Takes you a long time to explore those two posibilites, buddy.

Athelas

Arcane
My favorite negative review was from the guy who had over 140 hrs played and said "This game gets boring pretty fast".
Must be a Codexer.*

*Going by a conservative estimate of 140 hours being enough time to finish the game 7 times.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
http://www.bad-neighbor.fr/age-of-decadence-cest-lhistoire-dun-mec/

He attacks the assassin in the vignette, gets brutally murdered and...

And this is where it gets interesting. Indeed, when one knows what to expect with this game, we know for developers, we are entitled to fuck my mouth because yes, at this time I pass for a fool. In my defense, I'm not the only one who had that reaction, hundreds of players were left in my case and issued the hasty conclusion that Age of Decadence was a crap game.

Except Age of Decadence is not a rpg as we see for at least 10 years. I also do not remember having seen such thing in my life gamer.

I decided to "finish my glass" with a murderer and a bum. Two gameplay completely opposed. The first kills as he breathes, but it must still be careful not to run out of steam, the second is an insignificant being that everyone does not care but that can create long-term surprise.

The conclusion of this experiment is that for years we are served rpg where our main character is a killing machine in worlds where choices dialogues always lead in the right way. Although the bifurcations of the storyline are visible in the short term in length and particularly at the end of the story we realize that the choices we have made have changed anything. Epic stories, epic bastons, big loot and feeling play all the time demigods.

Age of Decadence is comparable to paper RPG. It feels to play with a GM who offers us choices which will be decisive whenever and not figurative. You fall into traps or simply well-crafted into the trap that we tend our lack of gumption. A huge kick in the ass amateur player RPG that we all and for some a resurrection of gamer who is in a coma since our last part of rpg paper.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Owner of fallout 3, fallout 4 and skyrim.
Why i'm not surprised.
Hey, it's not like I don't own Skyrim. Even Vince played it. Is this really a cogent argument?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Yes it is.
Actually checked it right now. Vince has clocked in 110 hours of Skyrim. Does this make him an idiot?
He doesn't have F3 or F4 though. He's also a developer of one of the best cRPGs in history and he doesn't write negative reviews for such games, i.e. he's OK. Same can be said about Tim Cain (with the exception that he does have Fallout 3 and 4 though, AFAIK).

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Vince definitely played a lot of FO3 because he reviewed it for the Codex IIRC. You can argue that crpg developers play these games because it's part of their job to know them.

Also, creating a great cROG doen't mean that your taste in games is flawlees. And when you bust your ass developing a certain type of game you usually wanna play something else to unwind.

Though I prefer to unwind with a nice doom wad instead of bethesturds, myself, but not everyone can have my impeccable monoclean taste. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom