Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence Post-Release Update #2: More on the Dungeon Crawler and Colony Ship Projects

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Where do the shipdwellers' coins come from? Of the alternatives, seems to be the payment option that makes the least sense in a colony ship context. Depending on the specifics of the setting, you could have some sort of digitised currency + chipping w/ central bank, or multiple payment systems of the sort with different solution providers. Could have barter in favours, useful objects... companies only pay you in company credit etc.

What central bank? On a colony ship? There was no need for any form of currency before the mutiny as everything was provided by the ship and 'overseers', for the lack of a better word at the moment. After the mutiny, when the dust settled, three new factions emerged, which led to trade, barter, and eventually a crude form of currency. Maybe stamped platinum squares.

Would it not be problematic to have a currency with high intrinsic value on a closed economy with extremely scarce resources? Then again, I wonder who would have the authority to issue fiat money if you have three competing factions.

Obviously, I see currency debasement main quest emerging.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I'm gussesing they're doing that to avoid a party of pure death dealers.

There's some immense cheese potential.
Imagine a party of 5 spear-men. Or 5 crossbowmen. Or 5 axemen. Or 5 dudes with dagger/cs.
That's the point of a full party creation, isn't it? That you can try out any combo you fancy and see how it works. If going to an extreme instead of a diverse skillset is the optimum way, that can be a mark of bad design. A diverse party is probably more fun to play for most people, so making that be effective should probably be the first goal. If people want to experiment with 1-sided parties they should knowingly risk being RPS'd to death.

Even with recruitment of party members, having a wide range of compositions available to play with would be ideal.
Exactly. We are talking about a combat oriented game here. Why removing the fun of experimenting with (your own) setups. Companions are never fully satisfactory.

Blackmill

Scholar
Could someone clarify what the "The Battle of the Five Armies", "The Rise of the Chosen One", and the "Individual Endings" are? I imagine the first one is an all-out war between the three ruling houses, the Ordu, and the Imperial Guard, or something similar. The second one seems like you get to take over Ganezzar if you've convinced them you're the Chosen One. Are the individual endings for the NPC's and settlements?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom