Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Age of Decadence October Update

Too much bloom.

Vincent Douche Weller has clearly been seduced by Bethsoft. :Decline:

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Merkwürdigliebe said:
Visually it's looks quite nice, waiting for that demo for a bit of hands on testing of the game play.
quite nice? i think it's one of the prettiest games in a long time. and it's by a few people in their spare time. compare it to da2 with full well-paid staff and herp-derp
dragon-age-2-ii-screeny-2_173h5.jpg

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
sgc_meltdown said:
Coyote said:
shantytown.jpg

I'm consistently amazed at how good this game looks whenever I see any new screens

I wouldn't trust these damn corporates and their bottom line to not doctor the shit out of staged publicity shots like this. Look, a little bit of this and that and BAM!

dmI53.jpg

nextgen as fuck

pcgamer 98/100 editor's choice, www.AoDnexus.com

you heard it here first people

Great job removing the Deus Ex piss gold filter. :thumbsup:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Coyote said:
Where is normal mapping? That texture on the left look fairly bad. Also he should activate anisotropic filtering.

shantytown.jpg
[/quote]

They should go to the forest, these trees looks horrible to anyone who seen forest.

Lumpy

Arcane
Raghar said:
They should go to the forest, these trees looks horrible to anyone who seen forest.
Is this some wise shit I don't understand?

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
I FEEL BAD FOR VAULT DWELLER BRO HE TRIES TO MAKE BRO RPGS AND HE USED TO BE THE HNIC AROUND HJERE BUT NOW HE HAS TO DEAL WITH THE AVERAGE RETARD CROWD

Norfleet

It looks like someone has photoshopped images from some render or concept art. Images are obviously fake. You need an actual GAME to take real images from. Since there is no game, it is obvious there cannot be actual images.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Raghar said:
And don't even get me started on soil erosion.

MisterStone

Arcane
sgc_meltdown said:
Jim Cojones said:
It lacks DOF effect.

DoF is so awkward. I'm more old school and just use bloom to modernise images

QBI0L.jpg

There's gonna be an X Box version??? :love:

BTW VD, kind of depressing that you guys are still tweakin the camera angle and UI... just leave it alone magn

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Vault Dweller said:
Raghar said:
You are doing 2D game, you don't need soil erosion. You might need termites however, there is a lot of wood in that image. Soil erosion is nice when you are generating 3D terrain.

sgc_meltdown said:
Raghar said:

would this be what you're looking for bro

Trunks looks decent, leaves look like speed tree.

I meant something like this:
http://www.mythphile.com/lenses/volcano ... t-fuji.jpg
http://www.algonquinadventures.com/phot ... Polly2.jpg
http://www.websters-dictionary-online.c ... tHiker.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ATnc2BRgM2o/T ... g_7080.jpg

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Raghar said:
I meant something like this:

ah mr raghar, so what you want is what oblivion's landscape should have looked like

I can only hope we have reached the level of technology sufficient for your videogame flora needs

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
youhomofo said:
Hey chucklefucks, this shite is vapo ware.

youhomofo said:
By the way, VD, though I'm being a little critical I have to say this game excites me more than any AAA title in the last ten years. Bugs aside, the demo shows enormous potential.
:hmmm:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
VD is always butthurt when someone calls his malware vaporware.

Just kidding, VD, I'll be sure to have my finger desperately beating F5 on piratebay as soon as the game launches.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Raghar said:
Vault Dweller said:
Raghar said:
You are doing 2D game, you don't need soil erosion. You might need termites however, there is a lot of wood in that image. Soil erosion is nice when you are generating 3D terrain.

I have a lot of wood in my pants. The thought of even the demo coming out soon made me just about pre my pants.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom