Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Age of Decadence October Update

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower Studios; Vault Dweller

<p>Another monthly development progress update on The Age of Decadence <a href="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,2272.0.html" target="_blank">is available</a>. Seems like they've been working on the issues raised by the beta-tester feedback.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><span>Improvements:<br /><br />- Improvements to the character screen looks, plus now has descriptions for all stats and reputations.<br />- Now you get a description overhead text when you are near an important location.<br />- When you enter an important building for the first time, you get a description of it.<br />- Camera can zoom closer and tilt a little more.<br />- Made walking and running speed faster.<br />- New shadow distance algorithm, with sharper shadows at no performance loss, plus better performance at tilts higher than 45º and it's more fexibile, allowing other camera angles without graphical artifacts.<br />- Added a new model for Feng's house, making it stand out more.<br />- Improved the looks of the area around Feng's house and the inn.<br />- Made it clearer in the loremaster vignette that a night passes.<br />- Made better transitions in TG1.<br />- Expanded the loremaster vignette, adding the option to buy an artifact of the olden days.<br />- Added the option to go to Feng in Assassin Vignette.<br />- Added an extra conversation with Feng about guilds if you are his apprentice.<br />- Improved the look of the terrain in the Plaza.<br />- Added some ambient sounds (thanks to GhanBuriGhan). More to be added.<br />- Added a storyteller at the inn, who fleshes out the lore of the game.<br />- Configured HDR and SSAO. Enable and disable them using these commands in the console: SSAOPostFX.enable(); SSAOPostFX.disable(); HDRPostFX.enable(); HDRPostFX.disable();<br />- Added some extra sounds. Will add more later.<br />- New Intimidate checks: They include checks to body count, combat reputation and stats like strength, dexterity and constitution.</span></p>
</blockquote>

Fens

Ford of the Llies
VentilatorOfDoom said:
- New Intimidate checks: They include checks to body count, combat reputation and stats like strength, dexterity and constitution.
generally sounds like a good idea... but i hope you can't just go and exterminate all the rats in the world and use that to intimidate a professional assassin

Coyote

Arcane
feng.jpg

shantytown.jpg

I pretty much only check ITS's site once a month when it's mentioned in the news here, so I'm consistently amazed at how good this game looks whenever I see any new screens. It's definitely come a long way since I first started following it.

(In before graphics whores tell me why I'm wrong.)

Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Fens said:
generally sounds like a good idea... but i hope you can't just go and exterminate all the rats in the world and use that to intimidate a professional assassin

Now that you mention it. I don't think I've seen a single animal on any screenshot they released.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Fens said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
- New Intimidate checks: They include checks to body count, combat reputation and stats like strength, dexterity and constitution.
There are no rats.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Vault Dweller said:
Fens said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
There are no rats.
it's no rpg then

does the body count intimidate check take into account what kind of bodies have been piled up ?

Black

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
Fens said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
There are no rats.
So how do you level up?

Notorious

Augur
Vault Dweller said:
Fens said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
There are no rats.

Next you're going to tell me there is no sewer either (or marsh)

4too

Arcane
No Rodents Allowed?

No Rodents Allowed?

Vault Dweller said:
There are no rats.

Then it's definitely an alternate universe, does that mean NO rodents?

No singing chipmunks, no easter bunnies, no free range jack-a-lopes? :(

jaunty-jackalope.jpg

4too

Shannow

Waster of Time
Vault Dweller said:
Fens said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
There are no rats.
Are there also penalties for being a mass murderer?

Micmu

Magister
VD is breaking with the standard RPG tradition to have giant aggressive rats.
I'm not sure if I like this.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
What the fuck I wanted to roleplay a crossdressing muslim that would exterminate all assassins and intimidate rats

Wasn't this RPG supposed the best ever?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Coyote said:
shantytown.jpg

I'm consistently amazed at how good this game looks whenever I see any new screens

I wouldn't trust these damn corporates and their bottom line to not doctor the shit out of staged publicity shots like this. Look, a little bit of this and that and BAM!

dmI53.jpg

nextgen as fuck

pcgamer 98/100 editor's choice, www.AoDnexus.com

you heard it here first people

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom