Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence October Update: Extended Demo [Enhanced Director's Cut] Released

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is fantastic news, AoD is one of the best RPGs set for release. The arena demo combined with the town demo was already top stuff, can't wait to try out the super demo.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Link works for me! Boy I am tempted to download it, though I promised myself to wait for the final release...

Must... resist... :negative:

Ah, fuck it, downloading NAU!

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Vault Dweller, oscar, are there any additional optimizations planned? I know, I am asking too much. It runs as a bolt on my main desktop, but I had this little hope that it can run on my small thinkpad x200 laptop as well (C2D with shitty intel x4500). Now, if I set everything to the lowest and resolution to 1280x768 (which is fine, as it is not far from the native screen) it is playable and fine. Just the cursor seems sluggish.
Not a big deal, as it is just a bonus. I actually can play the game, just not as comfortable as on my desktop (naturally).

On another thought, it may be due to the red-dot thingie that serves as a mouse on thinkpads. I will have to plug a normal mouse tomorrow, to see if it is still jerky.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Vault Dweller, oscar, are there any additional optimizations planned? I know, I am asking too much. It runs as a bolt on my main desktop, but I had this little hope that it can run on my small thinkpad x200 laptop as well (C2D with shitty intel x4500). Now, if I set everything to the lowest and resolution to 1280x768 (which is fine, as it is not far from the native screen) it is playable and fine. Just the cursor seems sluggish.
Not a big deal, as it is just a bonus. I actually can play the game, just not as comfortable as on my desktop (naturally).

On another thought, it may be due to the red-dot thingie that serves as a mouse on thinkpads. I will have to plug a normal mouse tomorrow, to see if it is still jerky.

What are the actual FPS you are getting? In any case, we have some improvements in store, mostly on better loading times for Teron and better performance for Maadoran, but don't expect something magical. Also, remember that zooming out reduces performance.

hiver

That little eye icon tool for inspection of environment is a very nice touch.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Ah, sorry Elhoim for calling the wrong guy :oops:.

Well, it is around 13 fps at 1280x768, 15 fps at 1024x768 and 18-19 fps at 800x600. So yeah, GPU is a culprit, I know.

In any case, I was not even expecting to run it smoothly on this little laptop. The game is not an action oriented, so you can still play it though. Just not as smooth as you would like to. No worries, was just curious.

Another lame question (and again about my old laptop): When you change to say 800x600 the game shows itself with the black frame (as in window). Will it be possible to stretch it so it can fit the screen (would look horrible I suppose with all those pixels and rescalling)?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Ah, sorry Elhoim for calling the wrong guy :oops:.

Well, it is around 13 fps at 1280x768, 15 fps at 1024x768 and 18-19 fps at 800x600. So yeah, GPU is a culprit, I know.

In any case, I was not even expecting to run it smoothly on this little laptop. The game is not an action oriented, so you can still play it though. Just not as smooth as you would like to. No worries, was just curious.

Another lame question (and again about my old laptop): When you change to say 800x600 the game shows itself with the black frame (as in window). Will it be possible to stretch it so it can fit the screen (would look horrible I suppose with all those pixels and rescalling)?

If there's not an option to select a resolution, no, you can't.

Have you added a "press a key to continue" to the loading screens yet? Hated that the game loaded faster than I could read the stuff or appreciate the art.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
New Extended Demo version uploaded R4.1. Uninstall the previous version, and install the new version. Changelog:

Fixes:

- You no longer get stuck with a black screen when reaching Maadoran as a thief.
- The Maadoran Intro slide appears correctly when a conversation starts as you arrive in Maadoran.
- You can change female thief skin color and face.
- Female thief has proper armor icon.
- Abukar properly identifies the prospector amulet.
- Hadad dialogue with Feng no longer loops.
- Fixed rare issue with bad camera position in mercenary vignette that resulted in a black screen.
- You now get SP from Teron Palace Text Adventure fights and from the fight with the kebab thief and guard.
- You can now edit your character name in the character creation in resolutions with 900 height or higher.
- Fixed the issue with the map button becoming inactive when you talked with Gaelius.
- Gave proper SP when winning some combats in the ordu camp.
- Lucius no longer appears on TG5 if he died on TG3.

Changes:

- Reduced bola effects duration from 4 to 2 turns.
- Throwing a bola to the head is harder to do and costs more AP.
- Crossbow's knockdown effect duration changed from 2 turns to 1 turn.
- The abyss "fog" check now checks for a sum of Strength and Constitution (with a min required), and takes 5 max HP permanently on success.
- You can now use an unidentified prospector mask in the abyss if you have high enough lore.
- Made the streetwise + charisma dialogue with the bandits in Darius tomb tiered (high charisma lowers the skill check).
- Gave the merc in the assassin vignette a sword, as the description implied.

Improvements:

- Improved the camera position for when you go through the gates in Maadoran.
- Closing a slide now has a nice fade out effect.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I tried the older beta 3.2 and alhtough I enjoyed it I do have some doubts before putting my money down for the final product and the new demo.
First of all the menu doesn't seem optmimized for widescreen or higher resolutions; the text box is way to small and everything seems cramped down, is this the same case on the new demo and is this representative of how the menu will look on the final product?
Second, I am getting really low FPS on the demo, now mind you this is on a laptop but it plays newer games like Shadowrun at least 30 FPS but the demo hardly gets more than 15 and yeah I know this aint no shooter but the lag is annoying and I am hoping the demo was simply not optimized
It was really an interesting demo and I liked the dialogue options a lot so I really like what I see so far

First thing first, the extended demo is available for download to those who have pre-ordered the game.

1284250271356.jpg

Barring morbid curiosity caused by years of blueballing, why would you download a demo for a game you already bought?

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
:yeah: Congrats! and hope it sells like hot cakes!

Edit: Also like that's its a featured game :)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
My... ahem... review copy code seemed to get lost in the shuffle. Best to PM it to me directly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom