Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence May Update

Kraszu

Prophet
Steam have plenty of games that look worse then AoD, anyway if you are already putting game on sites like impulse then there is no reason to not have it also on Steam, no? There is many indie games sold on multiple of sites.

Secretninja

Cipher
Globbi said:
Wow, did you guys imagine this game would ever look like this? This really is unexpected neatness. Just please, wait with the release after my exams in June :P

Somehow I don't think that will be a problem.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Data4 said:
Clockwork Knight said:
MegaAnalMaster5001 said:
Fucken skyrim looks wayy beter than this lolz

@MegaAnalMaster5001

You need to stop frequenting 4chan you underage console kid.

Where was that? I've got to see this cuntfuck in context. Link pls?

In the YouTube video page. It was clearly a Codex troll, as you can see by the previous comments about tasteful rape, children, etc.

Data4

Arcane
Elhoim said:
Data4 said:
Clockwork Knight said:
MegaAnalMaster5001 said:
Fucken skyrim looks wayy beter than this lolz

@MegaAnalMaster5001

You need to stop frequenting 4chan you underage console kid.

Where was that? I've got to see this cuntfuck in context. Link pls?

In the YouTube video page. It was clearly a Codex troll, as you can see by the previous comments about tasteful rape, children, etc.

Ah, gotcha. I was kinda hoping it was legit and somewhere on the ITS boards, just to see the shitstorm rain down on him.

Anyway, game's looking great so far. :salute:

Achilles

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
Oh noes! What will we do now?

I don't really care about Steam (in a "I don't expect it to perform miracles" sense) or other portals because I'm not sure that AoD has the right appeal to benefit from such exposure.

You really should though. Steam has some "barriers for entry" so as not to flood the service with shovelware (inb4 it's full of it anyway) but AoD seems like it can pass with flying colours. Give a small preorder discount, maybe land a weekend deal in the future and you'll probably make enough money to begin work on AoD 2 :)

I don't mean to step on your toes here, you obviously know the games market way better than I do. I just want AoD to be a hit and Steam can play a large part in that.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS IF THIS COMES OUT I MIGHT BUY IT

BROS I WILL TELL YOU ONE THING VD WILL ARGUE INTERNET CRITIC MUCH BETTER THAN JEFF VOGEL THAT VD BRO IS FUCKING AUTISTIC WHEN IT COMES TO INTERNET ARGUMENTS ITS LIKE RAINMAIN ON RITALIN BUT HE DIDNBT TAKE IT FOR A WHILE AND ONE DAY HE CRUSHED A WEEKS SUPPLY AND SNORTED IT

Kraszu

Prophet
Alexandros said:
I don't mean to step on your toes here, you obviously know the games market way better than I do. I just want AoD to be a hit and Steam can play a large part in that.

You can't really know the marked for AoD like game, when the last one was released in 1998r, an the most recent similar game was Arcanum that is 10 years old, each had sold over 200k each. It will obviously not sell much if almost nobody will know about the game existence, we can be sure about that.

Achilles

Arcane
If it gets added on Steam, GOG, Direct2drive, Gamersgate and other DD stores, people will know about it. AoD isn't targeted at the mainstream gamer who buys anything the TV advertises. Gamers who enjoy this type of game are very likely to be using these services.

Kraszu

Prophet
Alexandros said:
If it gets added on Steam, GOG, Direct2drive, Gamersgate and other DD stores, people will know about it. AoD isn't targeted at the mainstream gamer who buys anything the TV advertises. Gamers who enjoy this type of game are very likely to be using these services.

Yeah, but VD had said that even those services are to mainstream to benefit AoD.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Steam won't make your game sell millions, but it would definitely increase sales, which is a good thing, is it not?

Although I know that it is not easy to put a game on Steam. Which is strange, since there are so much shitty indie games on it.

CorpseZeb

Learned
Alexandros said:

... is this look "mainstream" to you - http://store.steampowered.com/app/3160/ ?
Dunno about sales stats, though...

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Kraszu said:
Yeah, but VD had said that even those services are to mainstream to benefit
gamersgate started as distribution for paradox games, which tend to be rather old-school, turn-based strategy games and have a fanbase that overlaps with fans of old-school turn based rpgs, especially ones where combat doesn't suck ass.
impulse started out as distribution for stardock games, the most famous of which happens to be an old-school turn-based 4x game in the vein of master of orion that happens to have a fanbase that likes complex turn-based games, which a turn-based rpg with non-sucky combat happens to be.
winter voices is a turn based rpg that's way less mainstream or accessible than aod and is on steam, as are some others.

i just don't see how vd could possibly be right on that one.

Black

Arcane
AoD is too indie for a thing as mainstream as Steam.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
CorpseZeb said:
Another story is, they didn't like Gemini Rue due low resolution of graphics. Steam has some internal regulation about “quality” hosted games.

:roll:

fucking fagots. Evaluate them instead of using a checklist. It occurs to me that they wouldn't put in cave story if it was for sale instead of being free.

Karmapowered

Augur
I have discovered, and bought games on Steam, that I had never heard of before.

Yep, Indie games, "A Farewell to Dragons" being one of them.

What are the cons of being on Steam ?

Black

Arcane
CorpseZeb said:
Black said:
AoD is too indie for a thing as mainstream as Steam.

Sigh. Sir, but did you looked at provided examples?
You just don't grasp how indie AoD is.

Steam has some internal regulation about “quality” hosted games.

That's weird, don't they host DA2?

Kraszu

Prophet
Karmapowered said:

What if your game would do good on Steam? So much opportunity too fell butt hurt about gaming industry, and too be grumpy would be lost.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Karmapowered said:

Steam takes a cut on each sale 25% or so i think. However, i believe being on steam will expose the game to legions of rich boys with credit cards, that in my mind, more than would offset that. You can also sell on your website concurrently, but the kind of person who uses steam would probably never hear of it.

Karmapowered

Augur
If worst has to happen, AoD on Steam will sell a couple to people that clicked on the wrong button.

Seriously, what would be bad for AoD to be on Steam, if it meets their requirements of course, whatever they may be ?

EDIT :

SCO said:
Karmapowered said:

Steam takes a cut on each sale 25% or so i think.

Thanks. I didn't know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom