Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence May Update

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Looks great! ITZ CUMMING!!!1 omggg

empi

Augur
they misspelt ITZ at the end of the clip.
Other than that, looking pretty promising.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not enough bloom.

If this ever is released then I promise not to get the SKIDROW version but will pay for boxed version with all those old style goodies we used to get. So you'd better make such a version...

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Interrupts, critical death animations,

Excellent all around. This game needs spamming everywhere.

You should really get a steam account iron tower dudes. I hate it, but it's the best way to reach large amounts of pc gamers wanting to spend money for indies.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
I think Vince once said somewhere? Steam is a big nonofuckyou and is now afraid to flipflop. HAHA AS IF HE IS A VIRGIN.

Kraszu

Prophet
As for Steam, why rush the game there? Sell it from your website first collecting almost 100% of the price tag, it will not matter that the game will be few months old when it will hit the Stream or shop shelves.

Globbi

Augur
Wow, did you guys imagine this game would ever look like this? This really is unexpected neatness. Just please, wait with the release after my exams in June :P

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Orgasm said:
I think Vince once said somewhere? Steam is a big nonofuckyou and is now afraid to flipflop. HAHA AS IF HE IS A VIRGIN.
Don't be a tool.

I've never said anything about Steam. I've been using it for a long time, had zero problems with it, and have nothing but good things to say about it. It's a great service and we'll definitely consider it.

Karmapowered

Augur
Probably a bit late, but reporting my ongoing satisfaction with the progress of the game.

Thank you for the update.

Black

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
Orgasm said:
Don't be a tool.

I've never said anything about Steam. I've been using it for a long time, had zero problems with it, and have nothing but good things to say about it. It's a great service and we'll definitely consider it.

Then maybe it's time to start considering it, because the Soldak guy, creator of Din's Curse and Depths of Peril said that he tried multiple times to get Din's Curse on Steam but they refused.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Oh noes! What will we do now?

I don't really care about Steam (in a "I don't expect it to perform miracles" sense) or other portals because I'm not sure that AoD has the right appeal to benefit from such exposure. Text-heavy, turn-based RPGs without monsters and magic don't tend to sell a lot, do they?

Black

Arcane
What you mean to say is that you don't know if Steam will still exist when AoD is released.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I hope those fatalities got some nice crunchy sound too. That would be so satisfying.

Kraszu

Prophet
Vault Dweller said:
Oh noes! What will we do now?

I don't really care about Steam (in a "I don't expect it to perform miracles" sense) or other portals because I'm not sure that AoD has the right appeal to benefit from such exposure. Text-heavy, turn-based RPGs without monsters and magic don't tend to sell a lot, do they?

How could they sell if there are none games like AoD on the market? If you would not even try then it will not sell for sure. What was the last game that feat your description? FO2? That sold well, at least let your game fail in sales before declaring decline. So what if popamole360 will sell 500x better then your game? The market is much bigger now, taking much smaller cut from it can be as big as mainstream cut in 1998. If you think that everybody who liked Fallout either visits codex or will not be interested in AoD then you are delusional.

Your game could be pretty popular in Poland, and yes mostly because of people that don't visit the codex or other sources that could inform them about your game, but why believe somebody who actually lives there, you would be shocked if you would see how much shelve space there is for PC games in big shops, you would be paid more potatoes then you had seen in your life, you would be living like a king never being hungry again, and throwing away yesterdays potatoes to always eat the fresh ones.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Vault Dweller said:
not selling a lot on steam is still selling a fuckton when compared to indie self-distribution, though that depends largely on your price, plus it reaches a lot of regions you wouldn't reach otherwise, and impulse and gamersgate might only have a fraction of steam's users or reach, but a lot of their customers have "old-school" tastes due to stardock and paradox games generally appealing to those.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom