Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. You can now buy a 16 GB Codex Troll USB 3.0 for $30 USD (includes postage), simply [donate to the campaign] here! (Only 2 left!)
  2. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence May Update

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by VentilatorOfDoom, May 4, 2011.

1. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff Patron

VentilatorOfDoom
    Click here and disable ads!
    Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower Studios; Vault Dweller

<p>Another month, <a href="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,2036.0.html" target="_blank">another update</a> on the development progress of <strong>Age of Decadence</strong>.</p>
    <blockquote>
    <p>We spent some our time bugfixing and improving the combat. We ironed out some rare bugs (looping AI, freezes, crashes), along with some minor ones, and we are working hard on making a good target selection for the AI, especially in group combats. We are also working on group communication and combat awareness of the NPCs. We also added a bonus to range when attacking from different floors, so beware of the archers in the towers!<br /><br />We practically removed the loading screens from Teron, so the game will provide a seamless experience instead of being cut by loading screens. For example, the first quest for the Imperial Guards. Before, you had the briefing, then a loading screen when you went to the site of battle, and then another when you get back. Apart from the loading screens, there was a small "hang" when the levels loaded all the textures and models on it, which looked VERY bad. Now the whole sequence plays out smoothly, with a nice fadeout between them and no hangs of any kind.<br /><br />We also made some performance improvements to the game, reducing the number of individual objects and replacing them with instanced ones. For example, every tree in the level was an individual object, that brought down the performance of the game. Now, we are using a "forest brush" that instances all of them, netting us a 15% fps improvement. We are doing this with several repeating objects, improving the performance of the game quite a bit.<br /><br />Visually the game is looking really nice. The town of Teron looks very cool as a "single" place. The outskirts are in the same level, but in "invisible" places. We've replaced some very old vegetation models, and optimized many other models for better performance. We have the artist who made the portraits improving the GUI, and we are also improving it's functionality (better support for higher resolutions and different ratios, more viewing space and information, more customizable). We will show you how it looks soon (probably in next months update).</p>
    </blockquote>
    <p> </p>
    <p> </p>
    <p style="text-align: center;">
    <object width="640" height="390" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9CfpSVltD8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
    <param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9CfpSVltD8?version=3" />
    <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
    </object>
    </p>
    <p> </p>
    ^ Top  
  2. Crooked Bee Nyadmin Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2014 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    I'll believe it when I play it.
    ^ Top  
  3. zool Educated

zool
    I hadn't watched an AoD video since I played the combat demo and, oh man, did those graphics improve a lot!
    ^ Top  
  4. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Blood Knight Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    ^ Top  
  5. Yaar Podshipnik Arcane Patron

Yaar Podshipnik
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Looks very nice. When was it going to be released? Thursday?
    ^ Top  
  6. Alexandros Augur

Alexandros
    I'm pretty confident that the game will deliver in the gameplay department, but the quality of the technical side is a pleasant surprise. Keep up the good work Iron Tower.
    ^ Top  
  7. Black Arcane

Black
    Still positive as ever, eh, Black?
    Have some faith!
    ^ Top  
  8. shiteatingnippledick Arcane Patron

shiteatingnippledick
    Even the graphics now look 10 times better than anything on recent years.

Fucking release it already, you niggers.
    ^ Top  
  9. crazy_dave Educated

crazy_dave
    Looks pretty good. :salute:
    ^ Top  
  10. thesheeep Liturgist

thesheeep
    This really is unnecessary brutal.
    ^ Top  
  11. mediocrepoet Arbiter Patron

mediocrepoet
    Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity
    I shouldn't have watched that. Now I'm going to be whining about wanting it all day. :oops:

Hurry up and get here, Thursday!
    ^ Top  
  12. hoodoo Prophet

hoodoo
    some p brutal animations :)
    ^ Top  
  13. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff Patron

VentilatorOfDoom
    not brutal enough, didn't see a single exploding enemy

this is how it is done right:

[​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  14. Jeff Graw Scholar

Jeff Graw
    That's welcome news. The UI looked like total shit in the combat demo, especially on high res screens. Movable UI elements and eyefinity support please!
    ^ Top  
  15. ghostdog Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

ghostdog
    Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
  16. Secretninja Liturgist

Secretninja
    FAPFAPFAP
    ^ Top  
  17. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Jasede
    I didn't see any quicktime events. And where's the Awesome button? No cover system? What about regenerating health? No dragons either.

Decline!
    ^ Top  
  18. Fat Dragon Arbiter

Fat Dragon
    Those animations are fucking awesome, I liked the one near the end the best where he caves the poor merchant's head in with a hammer. :lol:

Does each kill animation get its own text description, like Fallout?
    ^ Top  
  19. Vibalist Augur

Vibalist
    Cool!
    ^ Top  
  20. villain of the story Unwanted

Unwanted
    MCA
    I watched the video full screen at 720p and... it looks good! I'm glad they are taking their time with improvements. It shows.
    ^ Top  
  21. Awor Szurkrarz Arcane

Awor Szurkrarz
    Codex 2012
    I want.
    ^ Top  
  22. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    ^ Top  
  23. Country_Gravy Arcane Patron

Country_Gravy
    Wasteland 2
    I like the "ITZ COMING" at the end of the video.

This game looks and sounds like it is really coming together. I will take one boxed copy with cloth map, please.
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)