Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence May Update

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower Studios; Vault Dweller

<p>Another month, <a href="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,2036.0.html" target="_blank">another update</a> on the development progress of <strong>Age of Decadence</strong>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>We spent some our time bugfixing and improving the combat. We ironed out some rare bugs (looping AI, freezes, crashes), along with some minor ones, and we are working hard on making a good target selection for the AI, especially in group combats. We are also working on group communication and combat awareness of the NPCs. We also added a bonus to range when attacking from different floors, so beware of the archers in the towers!<br /><br />We practically removed the loading screens from Teron, so the game will provide a seamless experience instead of being cut by loading screens. For example, the first quest for the Imperial Guards. Before, you had the briefing, then a loading screen when you went to the site of battle, and then another when you get back. Apart from the loading screens, there was a small "hang" when the levels loaded all the textures and models on it, which looked VERY bad. Now the whole sequence plays out smoothly, with a nice fadeout between them and no hangs of any kind.<br /><br />We also made some performance improvements to the game, reducing the number of individual objects and replacing them with instanced ones. For example, every tree in the level was an individual object, that brought down the performance of the game. Now, we are using a "forest brush" that instances all of them, netting us a 15% fps improvement. We are doing this with several repeating objects, improving the performance of the game quite a bit.<br /><br />Visually the game is looking really nice. The town of Teron looks very cool as a "single" place. The outskirts are in the same level, but in "invisible" places. We've replaced some very old vegetation models, and optimized many other models for better performance. We have the artist who made the portraits improving the GUI, and we are also improving it's functionality (better support for higher resolutions and different ratios, more viewing space and information, more customizable). We will show you how it looks soon (probably in next months update).</p>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p style="text-align: center;">
<object width="640" height="390" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9CfpSVltD8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
<param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9CfpSVltD8?version=3" />
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
</object>
</p>
<p> </p>

zool

Arcane
I hadn't watched an AoD video since I played the combat demo and, oh man, did those graphics improve a lot!

Achilles

Arcane
I'm pretty confident that the game will deliver in the gameplay department, but the quality of the technical side is a pleasant surprise. Keep up the good work Iron Tower.

Jeff Graw

StarChart Interactive
Developer
VentilatorOfDoom said:
We have the artist who made the portraits improving the GUI, and we are also improving it's functionality (better support for higher resolutions and different ratios, more viewing space and information, more customizable). We will show you how it looks soon (probably in next months update)

That's welcome news. The UI looked like total shit in the combat demo, especially on high res screens. Movable UI elements and eyefinity support please!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I didn't see any quicktime events. And where's the Awesome button? No cover system? What about regenerating health? No dragons either.

Decline!

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Those animations are fucking awesome, I liked the one near the end the best where he caves the poor merchant's head in with a hammer. :lol:

Does each kill animation get its own text description, like Fallout?

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I like the "ITZ COMING" at the end of the video.

This game looks and sounds like it is really coming together. I will take one boxed copy with cloth map, please.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom