Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence March Update

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower Studios; Vault Dweller

The Age of Decadence Ganezzar beta is coming to an end. In the game's March monthly update, Vault Dweller sums up what's been added up until now, and what remains to be added still. Here's an excerpt:

1. CONTENT

Today's updated added another arena (the fort, only if you're the champion of Maadoran's arena, otherwise keep walking), Hector and Darganus' quests, honorary mention of your pal Miltiades, the annalist, the Second Acolyte (if there is the First Acolyte, why not the second?), Claudia - a charming country girl with the heart of gold and her own portrait, your old pal Feng, extended conversation with Varro about his motives, and probably something else.

What's still missing?
  • The final Hector/Darganus' quests.
  • Tower infiltration to open the gates (siege only).
  • Journal (we're half done but didn't have a chance to finish it).
  • Achievements
We should be able to do everything but the achievements in a week. If there are no issues with the existing content, we'll end the beta and release this content to Early Access.

2. VISUAL AND MISC IMPROVEMENTS

We added the long awaited Legatus' tent, some siege elements, improved Meru's throne room, added new houses and interiors.

We also added new portraits, several new items and new icons for the existing unique items.

3. SYSTEM CHANGES
  • Armor can be damaged in combat and repaired. Damaged armor has lower Damage Resistance. Take it to your local blacksmith for repair or repair it yourself with the magic of Crafting!
  • Hardened and Hardened Edge techniques no longer increase damage or DR. Never liked it, didn't have anything to replace them with. Until now! Now they increase armor's hardness (defense against damage to DR not your health) and weapon's hardness (chance to damage armor's DR)
  • But what about my damage? Not to worry, my good man, buy yourself a sharpening stone and go nuts. Keep in mind, the stones come from a mine up north and are somewhat of a rarity, so use them wisely.
  • Now you can craft helmets and shields! Aint that something?
  • Now you get up to 4 techniques (that's like twice as many!)
  • Changes to armor stats and block (lower penalties, higher DR to compensate for damage and removed Hardened technique); the Imperial Armor will turn you into a juggernaut.
See the full update for a complete list of all the beta content, and some new images of portraits and inventory icons, "for the easily amused".

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
The thing that makes me happy the most is the fact that Militiades is being mentioned. It would be great if there was still some quest with him. I also hope that I'll have the chance to meet Neleos again. These are my two favourite characters in AoD (and cRPGs on the whole) and I assumed that our paths will cross again.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I didn't want you to simply go to Miltiades for another quest, so the way it works, if you side with Darganus who represents the nobles in a certain conflict, he'll ask you what you think of Lord Miltiades (he heard the name if you helped Miltiades but doesn't know who he is). If you tell him that Miltiades is the noblest of men, he'll accept Miltiades' offer and that would bring you to Miltiades' quest #3.

You'll see Neleos too.

Aenra

VD? Are achievements Steam-enforced, or something you guys wanted yourselves? I understand they can also be of help when other type of metrics are lacking, just curious as to the reasoning behind them.

And i personally like the portraits: "Meru continues on his journey of self-discovery". Nicely put ^^

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Steam forces nothing on developers. Achievements are a good feedback mechanism as they tell you how many people did this or that or got to a certain point.

PS. I remember one guy wrote a very negative steam review and the only achievement he had was 'is life always this hard?' (i.e. he didn't finish a single intro quest).

Deleted member 7219

Steam forces nothing on developers. Achievements are a good feedback mechanism as they tell you how many people did this or that or got to a certain point.

PS. I remember one guy wrote a very negative steam review and the only achievement he had was 'is life always this hard?' (i.e. he didn't finish a single intro quest).

That is my reason for liking achievements. Not for dick measuring, or score, or anything Xboxy like that, but for being a permanent record of what I've managed to 'do' in a game. They aren't a perfect way for judging completion of content, but they are the best we've got.

Sothpaw

Learned

That is my reason for liking achievements. Not for dick measuring, or score, or anything Xboxy like that, but for being a permanent record of what I've managed to 'do' in a game. They aren't a perfect way for judging completion of content, but they are the best we've got.

Totally agree. If I knew how to brofist I would. My son will be old enough to understand my achievements soon and I am kinda excited to show him what his old man has done. Then he can hate me forever for playing so many games when I could have been spending more time with him.

:kwafuckyeah:

Deleted member 7219

Totally agree. If I knew how to brofist I would. My son will be old enough to understand my achievements soon and I am kinda excited to show him what his old man has done. Then he can hate me forever for playing so many games when I could have been spending more time with him.

:kwafuckyeah:

You will be able to brofist in about a year's time, unless you donate to the 'dex I believe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom