Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Decadence just got an update on Steam

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What changed?

Elhoim Nick

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Here is the list of improvements, changes and fixes for Update 1. These changes apply to both the demo and Early Access version, except for unique EA quests changes.

Improvements:

- Removed the "Awesome" character, added an intro screen with more info and an option to "train", which leads to a combat tutorial.
- Improved map screen, with clearer map buttons and more consistency with the other screens.
- Added a small help message on the top left corner with the game controls when you start the game.
- Added a small help message on the top left corner with combat controls when you get into your first fight.
- Added a new character screen with better information, including cost to increase skills, combat skill bonuses and the attack and defense ratings.
- Improved the character creation screen with new info from new character screen, font with capital letters for the character name, highlight and image for selected background (WIP), bigger character model, among other things.
- Added tags to skill levels, showing the profficiency with the skill (Unskilled, Novice, Journeyman, Proficient, Adept, Expert, Master). Some of them cover two skills levels, representing the different "stages" of difficulty in checks.
- Added description for unlocked techniques and potions for alchemy and crafting.
- Added a tip for mouse and key shortcuts when using the loot and trade screens.
- Improved camera position when starting the game, plus a better activation of the descriptive text.
- Added new cursors for different actions plus improved the look of many cursors.
- Added 6 new items with unique icons, name, lore and stats.
- Feng, Cassius and Dellar will give you unique training. Dellar and Feng after the charisma check, and Cassius if you are in good standing with him.

Fixes:

- Vitus now gives you the steel ingots.
- Poison Wine quest: Fixed issue with selecting the option of going to the outpost from Rhaskos stash.
- Fixed combat exploits on the ordu camp.
- Fixed issue which broke the outpost quest dialogue as a praetor.
- Fixed issue with weight number being purple instead of red when you were over the weight limit in several resolutions.
- Leon has the gold you paid him when you kill him.
- Antidas properly gives you his ring when you make him emperor in IG3.
- Fixed observatory tile passability, so you can no longer "fly".
- Fixed issue with Iola dialogue breaking when you didn't unlock the experiment option.
- Fixed "invisible" icons on Hermon's gang.
- Fixed issue with crossbow legs and arms attacks didn't give a penalty.
- Fixed issue with the endings sending you to the main menu after killing Carrinas in HD2, instead of going to Maadoran.
- Fixed the doors in Lord Varus house in Maadoran.
- Fixed issues with broken cameras in the IG combat by trial fight and the praetor fight against the assassins.
- Fixed problem with being left close to Gaelius after coming back from the pass.
- The bomb at Neros place will leave you with 1 HP if your health is 15 or lower.
- You'll no longer get Maadoran character endings if the city had a "big event".

Changes:

General

- Lowered Cassius combat skills.
- Increased SP from completing the vignette from 5 to 10.
- Changed the SP gain from Teron questlines from 10-10-20 to 15-15-15, giving 5 SP more in total.
- The arena champion now has a custom cuirass with an unique name and description.
- Added combat and civil SP pools.
- Adding civil skill points, still a work in progress.
- Tweaked Teron Gang skills, and removed one member.
- Coltan has reduced combat skills, but has better poison on his weapons.
- Slightly tweaked Dias and Agatai.
- Slightly increased the effect of poison at the mine.
- The merchants now have limited inventory.
- Added crafted items and alchemy ingredients to merchants.
- Cut prices of all items by 4.
- With 1 point in trading you now sell your things for 15% of its value.
- Reduced starting gold.

Crafting

- Removed metal restrictions for upgrades.
- Increased metal bonus to weapon damage and armor DR from 0-1-2-3-4 to 0-2-4-6-8.

Combat

- New formula for shield bash gives better chance to push and also to knockdown enemies.
- Bigger shields have a better chance of bashing the opponent.
- Bigger shields have a much better chance of blocking ranged attacks, progression went from 5-10-15-20 to 5-15-25-35.
- Reduced shield THC penalty from 5-10-15-20 to 0-5-10-15.
- Rebalanced shield DR bonus from 4-5-6-7 to 3-5-7-9.
- Increased strength bonus for block from 2 points to 5 points.
- Shield and helmet THC penalty now stack.
- Rebalanced helmet THC penalty, usually lower.
- Rebalanced helmet vsCS, lower for cloth and open leather helmet, higher for closed metal ones.
- Swing THC penalty reduced from 10 to 5.
- Double Tap damage is now reduced by 2 instead of 3.
- Cleave CS bonus increased from 25 to 35 (compared to a regular attack).
- Whirlwind THC penalty increased from 10 to 15.
- Decreased counter-attack from dodge from 6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48, 54, 60 to 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50.
- Increased full block from block from 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36, 40 to 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50.
- Decreased bypass from dagger from 10, 16, 22, 28, 34, 40, 46, 52, 58, 65 to 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50.
- Nets now cost 4AP to throw, but have a higher THC to score. Also, it's easier to entangle block users (10 bonus).
- Net effect now lasts one more turn, defense penalty is down from 30 to 25 for dodge and from 30 to 20 for block. Attack penalty down from 30 to 25.
- All bows AP increased by 1, but in turn deal more damage.
- All crossbow loading times increased by 2, but in turn the deal way more damage and have a better chance of knockdown.
- AoO now only happen once per turn instead of 2, but chance is higher.
- Changed barbed arrow DR multiplier from 3 to 4. Changed piercing arrow DR division from 3 to 2.

Quest HD1

- Now you can mention to Dellar that it's a blue steel smelter if you found out that.

Quest IG3

- You now get an option to back away to a more "defensive" position, or a dexterity + critical strike check to kill Antidas.
- Antidas dying lowers the morale of the Daratan guards, lowering their attack and defense.
- Lowered Antidas combat skills, they were too high before.
- Tweaked Dellar stats and equipment.
- There's only a single IG team that goes with you to the fight, balanced for the fight (stronger than the weak version, but not as much as the elite one).
- Now Carrinas gives you a high level neurostimulant along with some other chems.

Quest MG1

- Rebalanced checks. They are more flexible, but slightly harder. More uses for charisma.

Quest MG3

- Added streetwise and persuasion options to avoid the ambush.
- The ambushers are two instead of three.
- Made dexterity and sneak checks to get away slightly harder.

Quest TG6

- Reworked the situation at the Legatus office so you can get more options than just critical strike if you lack streetwise.

Quest AG4

- Made thieves inside the temple harder.
- High Charisma makes the second disguise check easier.
- Increased the perception check to find the secret entrance to the temple from 6 to 7.
- Increased the dexterity check for killing the two thieves with CS.
- You can now loot back the 200 gold you gave the beggar.
- Fixed issue with CS check against the beggar.
- Lowered the checks to convince Levir to let you go.

Quest AG6

- Re-equipped the IG soldiers with more "lore friendly" equipment.
- IG soldiers are stronger.

Miltiades Teron

- Changed the named of Servants to Thugs.
- One of the thugs has a healing salve for looting.
- Changed the axe of one of the thugs from iron to bronze.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Cool, although I enjoyed the slap in the face of popamoles that was previous text of the awesome character, the new one seems much more helpful and educational.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ooh, UI scaling. I don't think it did before?

We always had different sets of UIs depending on your resolution, based on these heights: 600, 768, 900, 1080.

Well, I think it didn't work before. My dude in chargen was tiny, now he's huge!

Same for moi.

Vault Dweller, remind me again: how do I go about exchanging my two pre-order keys to Steam keys? In case that's possibly and doesn't rob you of the profits?

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Saduj

Arcane
My computer hates the newest installer I downloaded from BMT. Running as admin in Windows 7 and getting error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item." Then Norton decides that its a dangerous file and deletes it. Did not have this issue with previous updates. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Windows says that most likely because by the time it wants to launch the installer, it's already blocked/deleted by Norton. Try disabling it or adding AoD installer to exceptions.

hiver

Saduj
Uninstall the fing Norton what the hell is wrong with you man how can you use that malware shit in the first place?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
My computer hates the newest installer I downloaded from BMT. Running as admin in Windows 7 and getting error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item." Then Norton decides that its a dangerous file and deletes it. Did not have this issue with previous updates. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.
Step 1) Uninstall Norton, replace with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Saduj

Arcane
Windows says that most likely because by the time it wants to launch the installer, it's already blocked/deleted by Norton. Try disabling it or adding AoD installer to exceptions.

Apparently, Norton was the problem. New problem though - The version I'm downloading off BMT is still R4_2, Awesome character and all.....

Also, I knew mentioning Norton here was inviting criticism but it came with the computer and truth is that I can't be bothered to change it because I don't feel strongly enough about another product. On every other computer I've ever had, I just ended up deactivating the active protection anyway.

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Apparently, Norton was the problem. New problem though - The version I'm downloading off BMT is still R4_2, Awesome character and all.....

From the News Post:

Due to some unforeseen problems, we won't be able to upload the new version to BMT until next week, but the update is out on Steam. We can provide the Steam keys if you want to try it out.

hiver

Im going to wait.

No rush. Hopefully the saves will work for the new version....?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I'm get more crashes since the update, also the crash reporting system is crashing when i start the game, with a warning message about not being able to create the crash report directory. Still, great update overall, keep up the good work.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
crash.png

The game starts normally, just that this window pops up at the start.

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Just wondering what could be the reason. Overly restrictive user account? "Documents" folder located in the network, instead of the local drive?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Hmm, not sure about the account settings, i think i have never changed them since this windows installations, i did add administrator rights to the AoD.exe to try and solve it, could have been a privilege problem, didn't fix it tho.

In regards to folder structure, the save folder is located at C:\Users\João Cunha\Documents\My Games\Age Of Decadence
image.jpg

The game folder is located at D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Decadence
image.jpg

Think a reinstall my be worth it? Game is small and it downloads fast, could try that.

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I doubt reinstalling will help, since CrashRpt library initializes itself on game start every time. Maybe it doesn't recognize a special character in your name (ã)? I'll have to take a look at CrashRpt sources, will post here results later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom