Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence July Update

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by VentilatorOfDoom, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Davaris Arcane

Davaris
    Click here and disable ads!
    Indeed. Still my favourirte game and small compared to Beth and Obsidian (New Vegas). I want a game I can enjoy every moment I play and when its finished I want more. I don't want it to go on so long, I stop playing because I can't take anymore. Beth, Obsidian (NV) and Fallout 2 are like American restaurants serving so much food, you can't finish unless you are a compulsive eater.
    ^ Top  
  2. Melcar Arcane

Melcar
    Can we get a demo, pretty fuck please? At least one Goddamn quest.
    ^ Top  
  3. Zomg Arbiter

Zomg
    Someone would have made some kind of Xbox GoG for easy PC ports if there isn't some technical, legal, marketing etc. justification for making it unlikely or impossible to just straight up put PC game ports with mouse and keyboard on it. WoW being the biggest one I can think of.
    ^ Top  
  4. zelda64whatagreatgame Educated

zelda64whatagreatgame
    this thing reeks of fishy fish
    ^ Top  
  5. zelda64whatagreatgame Educated

zelda64whatagreatgame
    thing is, they should have made a lot less possibilities for choices of classes and abilities and focused on making the c&c drivel function with that. now they're sitting there with 40 classes and try to figure out how to make a varied experience for each class all the way through. biting off more than they could ever chew. when the game is finally released in 2 years people will know how far off the target these guys were at this point in time.
    ^ Top  
  6. shihonage You see: shelter.

shihonage
    zelda64whatagreatgame is the most sophisticated forum bot I've seen thus far.
    ^ Top  
  7. thursdayschild Educated

thursdayschild
    It's easier to do it this way. Not to say it will have better results.

2 years? Nope. Maybe this demo we hear about will be done in that time.

I don't agree will all your reasoning but this update along with many others show the team is really clueless about software development. Can someone really think that once you have a demo done you are 99% done? More like halfway done, especially when you don't even have the GUI design solid, eight years into development.
    ^ Top  
  8. zelda64whatagreatgame Educated

zelda64whatagreatgame
    one might argue that since vince is doing all the game design, the rest of the guys might as well update what they're working on but that sidesteppes an important problem: the game designing is going to slow. vince is slowing the project down, hamming it up on the message boards.
    ^ Top  
  9. thursdayschild Educated

thursdayschild
    Well, but what is he designing? He is writing, or so I guess. That being the case the software part should not get held up at all, but it doesn't seem close to done. Halfway done is more realistic. This game could still be "almost done" in another 10 years.

And the comment about playing. Seriously, I can't understand that. I know the game is more about content than gameplay, at least to Vince, but it's still hard to credit. They may as well have titled this update "by the way this game is never coming out, in case you didn't figure that out several years ago."
    ^ Top  
  10. zelda64whatagreatgame Educated

zelda64whatagreatgame
    writing? the guy could have written four novels by this time. no i think it's got more to do with a lack of ideas when it comes to concrete things like quests. that's the hard part, that's the part that needs some brain.
    ^ Top  
  11. zelda64whatagreatgame Educated

zelda64whatagreatgame
    look, vince is a good guy but he's a bussinessman, a pr guy. just like brad wardell he's managed to drum up a long lasting boil of excitement in a lot of people, the problem is that he's also doing all the game design by himself, and that's a problem. they'd need a jon shaffer to step in at this point.
    ^ Top  
  12. zelda64whatagreatgame Educated

zelda64whatagreatgame
    "don't expect anything this weekend, i'm just *explitive censored* playing". But vince you haven't given them ANYTHING.
    ^ Top  
  13. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff Patron

VentilatorOfDoom
    Butthurt detected
    ^ Top  
  14. zelda64whatagreatgame Educated

zelda64whatagreatgame
    this is residual butthurt from war of magic. that felt like getting a 25 inch blade inserted into my rectum.
    ^ Top  
  15. curry Prophet

curry
    ^ Top  
  16. zelda64whatagreatgame Educated

zelda64whatagreatgame
    I guess it's better than the status updates from scars of war: "KEYS!!! today i made sprites for over a hundred different KEYS!!!".
    ^ Top  
  17. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    How's your Dragon Age mod coming along, Swedish-Drog? Still playtesting all the battles by yourself?
    ^ Top  
  18. zelda64whatagreatgame Educated

zelda64whatagreatgame
    i got bored of that. i'm programing my own game now with flixel.
    ^ Top  
  19. zelda64whatagreatgame Educated

zelda64whatagreatgame
    you know how many fans i had that i were stringing along? 0. so i don't think it's THAT much of a problem.
    ^ Top  
  20. Vault Dweller Ubersturmfuhrer

Vault Dweller
    Such uninspiring trolling.
    ^ Top  
  21. JarlFrank Великий князь Patron

JarlFrank
    Great job Vince, you now attracted all the trolls :lol:

I'm still looking forward to AoD Thursday 2011/12
    ^ Top  
  22. zelda64whatagreatgame Educated

zelda64whatagreatgame
    vince = internet tough guy.

just get the game ready bro.
    ^ Top  
  23. Awor Szurkrarz Arcane

Awor Szurkrarz
    Codex 2012
    What he said. In 90s it was somehow possible to play X-Com and Command & Conquer on PSX. I think that real PC games should invade consoles again.

Just look at this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv72_VphPZE
    ^ Top  
  24. Orgasm Barely Literate

Orgasm
    More in depth technical details.
    ^ Top  
  25. Elhoim Developer

Elhoim
    We reduced the number of drawcalls. The model was split into too many pieces before (it was done like 5 years ago), which in skinned meshes it affects performance too much. So we reduced the number of separate meshes and textures.
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)