Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Decadence Final Update

Diggfinger

Arcane
That good or bad? From your perspective, not when compared to AAA crap.
No idea, I'm still new at it. Based on the Codex sales chart, quite a few games (more complex than DR) failed to break the 20k barrier so from this perspective it did well.

Thought you said in that Russian interview that AoD sold 100K, or did I misunderstand?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
It did. My point was that while DR sold only 20k it sold more than Serpent in the Stagland, Telepath Tactics, Voidspire Tactics, etc which seem to be good, well-crafted games.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
What the hell I downloded the latest and supposedly final build from GOG, and keep getting crashes at startup... what is going on?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
What the hell I downloded the latest and supposedly final build from GOG, and keep getting crashes at startup... what is going on?
It's the first report of this nature so far. When exactly does it crash? Did you submit a crash report? If yes, PM me your email and we'll take a look asap.

Diggfinger

Arcane
It's the first report of this nature so far. When exactly does it crash? Did you submit a crash report? If yes, PM me your email and we'll take a look asap.

In other news I (finally) got AoD running on my Mac using Pall the Tall's Porting Kit app.

The trick was to set all graphic settings to "lowest".

Just in case you get other requests from other users!

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I still have the same problem VD, after launching the game I get a grey screen, the game crashes and I get a message that the game engine encountered a problem and crashed... I downloaded again the latest version from GOG and got the same issue
I could play the previous version without problems
I am kind of thinking of resintalling that version though

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I still have the same problem VD, after launching the game I get a grey screen, the game crashes and I get a message that the game engine encountered a problem and crashed... I downloaded again the latest version from GOG and got the same issue

Hi, I'm going to check your crash report later on today. Meanwhile, can you try deleting prefs.cs from your Documents\My Games\Age of Decadence\ folder and running the game?

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Hi, I'm going to check your crash report later on today. Meanwhile, can you try deleting prefs.cs from your Documents\My Games\Age of Decadence\ folder and running the game?
That did the trick Nick thabks!

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Hey guize, kind of late and all, but do you reckon you could update the Micro BMT build to the final release version?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It did. My point was that while DR sold only 20k it sold more than Serpent in the Stagland, Telepath Tactics, Voidspire Tactics, etc which seem to be good, well-crafted games.

No surprise that combat only game sold five time worse than combat/sneaky/talky game Comrade; but artistic and intellectual integrity were never cheap. :hero:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Uh Vault Dweler I dont know if this is a bug but everytime I go to the blacksmith to fix my armor the repair window is kind of screwed up.
Also on the assassin questline, once things go sideways after the Legionarie assasination mission your character doesn't have the chance to change into his armor. No big deal but it does kind of suck having 2 back to back fights at such disadvantage when there is clearly chance to change into armor
BTW loving the game so far, kind of weird but its quest variety and CC actually remind me a whole lot of Quest for Glory.... it is simply superb :incline:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
its quest variety and CC actually remind me a whole lot of Quest for Glory.... it is simply superb :incline:
I'd never thought of that, but it's spot on. AOD and QFG are probably the only games that felt like a P&P RPG in terms of the ability to use your skills in ways that generate non-programmatic responses.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I've been playing the final release version pretty much daily, great fun, especially the extended thieving and new fights.

Also got the Chosen One ending for the first time, very nice addition!

I did however discover some persistent bugs and oddities and it would be remiss of me not to point them out:

When I played an Imperial Guard kingslayer who woke up Galath-Athazor after finishing Caer-Tor (but before going to Ganezzar), I ended up getting locked out of the questline and railroaded unto helping Meru with the ritual. I could travel back to Caer-Tor but there was no way to report to Paullus about Maadoran's destruction and get new orders (logically, shouldn't he just conquer Ganezzar when Daratan and Aurelian are out of the way?). Carrinas similarly wouldn't see me since I was no longer an IG legionary (still kept the title of Legatus though).

I kept playing anyway and there was an associated bug when I accepted Meru's offer to take him to Al-Akia. The scene played like the IG mission, but all troops were Crassus dudes and when the combat started with the Aurelian remnants the Crassus bros didn't join the fight. Even stranger, I could hit space and exit the combat manually, leaving all guys from both side standing there as the scene with the officer exiting the ruins triggered. In the end I killed Meru during the ritual and finished the game which triggered the Paullus becomes dictator ending, but it felt a bit odd that I couldn't get it as a guard.

There were also some very minor issues:

• The southernmost booth in Maadoran's merchant plaza (right next to the gate to the Arena district) seems to have bugged stealing. You get SP but can't take anything.

• The traps in the Ganezzar TG mission are very hard to click, I had to aim at the very edge of the red zones to get the disarming to work.

• After tricking Hector into attacking the Temple district, he still shows up in the slums afterwards and offer his standard "blessing of the gods" line. Shouldn't he have died in the fight or offer some comment on the betrayal?

• While playing as a Daratan Praetor I discouraged Serenas from attacking the Slums, then talked Antidas into swearing fealty and help the Aurelians break the siege. After the Aurelians had conquered Ganezzar I talked my way into the hangar and returned the airship to the skyport. I was met by Brother Marcus and got a boost to Crassus reputation, which by then was quite useless since Meru was dead. Wouldn't it make more sense to boost Aurelian reputation, which is still useful as it can grant access to Meru's library?

• In the dialogue with the keeper of tales in the Ordu camp, you can use a line that goes something like "Toghrul mentioned..." even if you haven't talked to him yet.

And that's pretty much it. These issues are bottom of the barrel stuff, the game is near perfect now and if anyone is still holding out on playing it, now would be a great time to finally give it a go. I can't believe I've gotten so much mileage out of it, and there are still things left for me to see and do.

All in all, amazing work guys! I really can't thank you enough for the fun you've provided.

Last edited:

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
What is this? Another update I just got just now on the 24/10/2017?

7gr8xm.jpg

Black Angel

Arcane
http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/2381701715729548104/

Vince said:
We fixed a minor issue that affected some scripts in Spanish and Russian versions.

*sigh* I was hopping they would adjust the training SPs gained in the mid game and onward.... now that I try fiddling a bit with my last save, it's not that bad if those +15 points went into civic SP pool, instead of leveling my Crafting from 5 to 6 because of the new SP system. Still, it bothers me so much since the new SP system no longer has the old 5 point increment, so those +15 is wasted and can only be spend on leveling a skill from level 1 to level 2, while the 10 point for level 2 to 3 or 3 to 4.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I got a new computer, time to pump the graphics up to max and enjoy the visual gaming feast that is AOD~

I have a few achievements left to complete, such as detonating the weapon in hellgate.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I kinda feel like AoD is less fun since they incorporated the increased SP costs from DR. Used to be your basic face-smasher could adequately train three skills over the course of a playthrough. Axe/Block/Crafting, Sword/Dodge/Alchemy, Bow/Dodge/Crit Strike, etc etc.

Now that same character levels up much slower and feels pretty gimped.

Parabalus

Arcane
http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/2381701715729548104/

Vince said:
We fixed a minor issue that affected some scripts in Spanish and Russian versions.

*sigh* I was hopping they would adjust the training SPs gained in the mid game and onward.... now that I try fiddling a bit with my last save, it's not that bad if those +15 points went into civic SP pool, instead of leveling my Crafting from 5 to 6 because of the new SP system. Still, it bothers me so much since the new SP system no longer has the old 5 point increment, so those +15 is wasted and can only be spend on leveling a skill from level 1 to level 2, while the 10 point for level 2 to 3 or 3 to 4.

You can just AddSP(5) if it's bugging you that much though. Heck, you can even list the offending training SP so IT knows what to fix :bounce:.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Patching process is a bit complex, but you can mod it in easily. Just change the values in the rewards_events.cs file.

function rwd_training(%source)
{
switch$(%source)
{
// MG
case "Zenon": increaseDlgSkills(15); PC_trained(); // Requisite: Being a MG member.
case "Linos": increaseDlgSkills(15); PC_trained(); // Requisite: Completing MG3 - No gold stolen path.
case "Cado": increaseDisguiseSkills(15); PC_trained(); // Requisite: MG2, signed contract.
case "Maseus": increaseEttPer(20); PC_trained(); // Requisite: Being a MG member.
case "Strabos": increaseStrTrade(20); PC_trained(); // Requisite: Cha 7 - After MG5.
case "Athanasius": increaseLorePersuasion(20); PC_trained(); // Requisite: Miracle Training.
// AG
case "Agatai": PC_trained(); if(aod.critical_strike < 6) increaseSkillsCS(15); else ChangeTraining(critical_strike, 10); // Requisite: Complete AG1.
case "Coltan": dlgChangeSkill(alchemy, 1); PC_trained(); // Requisite: Talk with him with 1 point in alchemy.
case "Fulvio": combatRangedTraining(15); PC_trained(); // Requisite: AG Member.
case "Hamza": PC_trained(); if(aod.critical_strike < 6) increaseSkillsCS(15); else ChangeTraining(critical_strike, 10); // Requisite: Complete AG4 - Reputation 10.
case "Varro": PC_trained(); if(aod.critical_strike < 8) increaseSkillsCS(20); else ChangeTraining(critical_strike, 10); // Requisite: Join Varro.
// TG
case "Livia": increaseDisguiseSkills(15); PC_trained(); // Requisite: TG, got Livia.
case "Lucius": PC_trained(); if(aod.critical_strike < 6) increaseSkillsCS(15); else ChangeTraining(critical_strike, 10); // Requisite: TG3, 6 charisma.
case "Aziz": PC_trained(); combatMeleeTraining(10); // Requisite: TG member.
case "Cyrus": PC_trained(); increaseDisguiseSkills(20); // Requisite: TG6.
case "TG7": PC_trained(); increaseTrapsLockpick(20); // Requisite: TG7.
// IG
case "IG2_01": PC_trained(); combatDefenseTraining(5); dlgAddTextBoxMessage($spec_msg_dodge_block_training_5); // IG2 Training - Alone.
case "IG2_02": PC_trained(); combatMeleeTraining(5); dlgAddTextBoxMessage($spec_msg_melee_training_5); // IG2 Training - Lead.
case "IG3_01": PC_trained(); combatMeleeTraining(10); combatDefenseTraining(10); // IG3 Training - Fought Antidas.
case "IG3_02": PC_trained(); combatMeleeTraining(5); combatDefenseTraining(5); increaseDlgSkills(20); // IG3 Training - Persuaded Antidas.
case "IG3_03": PC_trained(); combatMeleeTraining(10); combatDefenseTraining(10); dlgaddskillpoints(15, 1); // IG3 Training merchant - Adds combat SP directly.
case "Vitus": increaseSkillsCrafting(15); PC_trained(); // Requisite: IG4, before leaving to the pass.
case "CT_Melee": PC_trained(); combatMeleeTraining(5); // CT Training
case "CT_Ranged": PC_trained(); combatRangedTraining(10); // CT Training
case "CT_Defense": PC_trained(); combatDefenseTraining(5); // CT Training
// Characters
case "Cassius": increaseSkillsCassius(15); PC_trained(); // Requisite: Taking him to Antidas, good Daratan reputation if threatened or taken to the hovel.
case "Feng": increaseSkillsFeng(15); PC_trained(); // Requisite: Being in good terms, not conned, charisma 7 or apprentice.
case "Dellar": changeTraining(Sword, 5); changeTraining(Dodge, 5); changeTraining(Critical_strike, 5); PC_trained(); // Requisite: Charisma 7, or praetor with Charisma 6.
case "Kemnebi": ChangeTraining(block, 5); increaseSkillsKemnebi(15); PC_trained(); // Requisite: He must survive the battle with 100 swords, and back in Maadoran.
case "Erebus": increaseSkillsErebus(20); PC_trained(); // Requisite: Able to meet him + 15 Aurelian Rep.
case "Antidas": increaseSkillsLore(10); PC_trained(); // Requisite: Charisma 7.
default:
warn("rwd_location - unknown location " @ %locationName @ "!");
}
}

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Okay bros I played a lot more and it turns out there are a couple of other bugs and issues, so I'm doing my patriotic duty pointing them out as well.

Critical stuff:
  • After going Templar route as Imperial Guard, Carrinas still only repeats "State your business." after taking Ganezzar.
  • If you become an Aurelian Praetor by fixing the smelter and later return to the mining outpost it has changed to House Daratan control, just as if you never solved the quest (mufuggin blue steeeel).
  • If you play as a thief who betrays Levir to Gaelius, Hermon and his gang won't aggro you, instead you just get the standard "What can I do for you, brother?" line.
  • Also, after betraying Levir you can still go to the temple. The goons won't let you in, but they don't aggro either and you can see that Levir is still alive inside.

Weird stuff:
  • If you play as an Aurelian Praetor but then side with Meru and awaken Balzaar, you can still return to Gaelius and he just says "Speak, citizen."
  • If you flee from the Zamedi demon using the high dexterity option but then come back later and finish the job, you stil get the ending slide about some other adventurers killing him.
  • If you take the portal from Zamedi to the Ziggurat you end up outside, wouldn't it be better if you came out through the portal on the first level?
  • If you return to non-IG Teron and get the jellyfish and then pick combat option with the squatters they don't actually aggro. This lets you pick them off one by one.
  • After Militiades has gone to Ganezzar he can still be found sitting in his chair in Maadoran.
  • Picking "Fuck Aemolas" doesn't incur any Word of Honor loss and the quest remains open in the journal.

Graphic stuff:
  • In Al Akia bottom level you can see the inspect icons from the other levels through the ceiling. Becomes pretty jumbled.
  • When you throw a net AND bolas at some chump there is no death animation when you kill him, and the body ends up a frozen netted meat statue.
  • If you open the portal in the Tower of Zamedi, you can see the blue light effect through the ceiling on the level with the elevator and the null.

Grammar ashkenazi:
  • In the caravan encounter at the Arena in Maadoran the lines "Go and take a look" and "Follow them" both lack full stops.
  • When you talk to Antidas you get the line: "{Temp} My Lord, there is something else I'd like to tell you."
  • In the AG barracks fight against the centurion, Neleos name is not capitalized.

Oh yeah, also not sure what this whole "travel with your lord to the temple" stuff is about.

If someone could spoiler it that would be great because I haven't gotten anything like that with either Antidas, Gaelius or Meru.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom