Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Decadence February Update

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://steamcommunity.com/games/aod/announcements/detail/975396203463624267

A Bit Of Everything
4 FEBRUARY - ELHOIM
ziggurat_zpsdtdfqfkr.jpg

The update contains a lot of things that were requested by the players:

1) A Stash!

As requested, a stash to store your ill-gotten gains. Rent a room at any inn and get a magic chest that will follow you everywhere (i.e. to the inn in the next city).

2) Sneaking & Stealing

As requested, more opportunities to ply your shady crafts. Stealing from sleeping inn patrons and merchant stalls is now a thing.

3) Spearman's Kit

As requested, a one-handed spear with a longer reach. It comes with a fancy buckler, a well-crafted blue steel helmet that doesn't restrict your vision, and its current owner. Enjoy!

helmet_custom_zpsjjbjjdxn.jpg

spear_custom_zpsrvjosrtf.jpg

shield_custom_zps7ro4bii6.jpg

To get your hands on that kit you have to bravely enter a tavern in the Arena district and challenge a dreadful pirate currently terrorizing the peaceful patrons. Are you bad enough dude to save the patrons and claim the villain’s spear for yourself?

4) Trading Cards.

As requested, now you can trade cards and craft your very own badge (or two). Steam gave us hard time ensuring that the divine badge is up to the code and meets the highest requirements (shines like the North Star on a dark night), so hope you won't be disappointed.

blue_steel_zpsffq4xeiq.png

One of the badges

5) Expanded Endings

If you always wanted to know what the Zamedi demon is up to (and other memorable characters you've met on your journey), well, now you can. As requested.

6) Camera & Interface Resolutions

As requested, the camera's code has been updated and now it's much smoother. Don't expect any miracles but it's better than before. Plus we added higher resolutions support for the interface.

7) Minor things

Several new characters, text descriptions, bug fixes, improved textures and models, minor balance tweaks.

Thanks for playing.

Aenra

So it's the penultimate update for AoD?

No, one more incoming for sure, they are just taking breaks (to work on new ones), let feedback gather before going back to it. VD must have already answered this two or three times..

I'm a retard :)
To my excuse, my mind is elsewhere..

Aenra

penultimate - occurring immediately before the last one : next to the last

i do this often, lol.. working in my native langue, taking a break to read/post here.. takes the odd second or two to switch gears. I 'translated' it as 'ultimate'..

Self-Ejected

Yuri Gagarin

Self-Ejected

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Most requested features.. wow... trading cards, really. Good thing time and effort was wasted used on such stupid important features. It's almost as lame awesome as using the strikethrough feature for sarcasm.

:5/5:

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
We originally thought we would work on more content for the game as a show of appreciation to the people that gave AoD a shot, but decided on trading cards for the sweet $0.01 per trade transaction. People gotta eat.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
We originally thought we would work on more content for the game as a show of appreciation to the people that gave AoD a shot, but decided on trading cards for the sweet $0.01 per trade transaction. People gotta eat.

Yes, yes, so not only are those things a waste of time and effort, they don't even make you money. But you do get to check that sweet sweet check box on Steam. Keep fucking that chicken.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
What've you got against check boxes?

And, for that matter, what's so wrong with loving your chicken?

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
Most requested features.. wow... trading cards, really. Good thing time and effort was wasted used on such stupid important features. It's almost as lame awesome as using the strikethrough feature for sarcasm.

:5/5:
You know to produce more games Iron Tower must sell AOD. And steamtards love trading cars.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
Nice, but that wasn't me. I have a great deal with foil cards too, if anyone is interested, just follow me to my steam profile page...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom