Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence August Update

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
Yes, I'm sure they will be very impressed when AoD sells 3,000 copies. If anything it will reinforce their belief that they are on the right track.

How moddable is AoD? Say, from a scale of weapon tweaks to total conversions.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Roguey said:
J_C said:
It would be funny, that when the game is released, every major magazine would hail it as the best cRPG in the last few years. So Bioware and Bethesda could go and cry in the corner.
I'd be shocked if that happened, if they give it any attention at all I expect a bunch of complaints about how unforgiving and not-fun it is and how they can't make an awesome master-of-all-trades character who can succeed at nearly-everything like you can in a ton of other RPGs (Fallout included). Add to that complaints about the graphics, lack of voice acting, lack of companions, too much text, not enough awesome loot, blaming all their combat troubles on the RNG and so on.
Of course this is the reality. But it would be great, if the opposite would happen.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
felipepepe said:
Vault Dweller said:
Who cares? Our primary concern is quality not whether or not we'd make enough money.
I care man, wanna ensure a sequel! :salute:
If the quality is there, there is a good chance that the game will sell well.

sgc_meltdown said:
Vault Dweller said:
Yes, I'm sure they will be very impressed when AoD sells 3,000 copies. If anything it will reinforce their belief that they are on the right track.

How moddable is AoD? Say, from a scale of weapon tweaks to total conversions.
Doing more than tweaking weapon stats and adding new armor models will require good scripting skills and strong understanding of the game's systems, which will take a long time to acquire.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Vault Dweller said:
J_C said:
It would be funny, that when the game is released, every major magazine would hail it as the best cRPG in the last few years. So Bioware and Bethesda could go and cry in the corner.
Come on man, be a little more optimistic. AoD will sell more than that. I bet it will sell at least 3500. :M

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Shit, they've got to finish the first game for starters. If they sell one copy it will be a milestone.

I think that they'll hit the ubiquitous 'game too long in development, looking dated, needs a few more years of work porting it to a new engine' thing first.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
If you buy a copy of AoD you will get a special code which can be used to unlock your Codex forum account. If you don't, said account will get banned on the Codex 4 weeks after AoD's release. So you have a few weeks time. The idea is that only AoD buyers can post on the Codex. DarkUnderlord is coding the system currently and plans to check for possibilities to reach the lurkers too.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
VentilatorOfDoom said:
If you buy a copy of AoD you will get a special code which can be used to unlock your Codex forum account. If you don't, said account will get banned on the Codex 4 weeks after AoD's release. So you have a few weeks time. The idea is that only AoD buyers can post on the Codex. DarkUnderlord is coding the system currently and plans to check for possibilities to reach the lurkers too.

Joking aside, a separate tag for AoD buyers (or a secret subforum?) would be pretty cool

acolyte

Educated
VentilatorOfDoom said:
I'm reached alright. And I approve!

Joe Krow

Erudite
Will this be available for direct download to my cortical brainstem in 2034? If so what will you do with the power generated from my body heat while I play it? Are you the one?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom