Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence April Update

SkepticsClaw

Potential Fire Hazard
I too would be most pleased if the devs stopped spending time polishing particle explosions and adding blood to the scenery, and just focussed on getting the gameplay sorted and releasing. That would make me a happy like a child at Christmas.

Yours sincerely, me.

Jora

Arcane
SkepticsClaw said:
I too would be most pleased if the devs stopped spending time polishing particle explosions and adding blood to the scenery, and just focussed on getting the gameplay sorted and releasing. That would make me a happy like a child at Christmas.
If you read their posts you can see that that's what they're doing. It's just that the art guys have time to add details while gameplay is being finalized.

SkepticsClaw

Potential Fire Hazard
Jora said:
SkepticsClaw said:
If you read their posts you can see that that's what they're doing. It's just that the art guys have time to add details while gameplay is being finalized.
You're right, I'm just being a dick for no reason. Hooray for edgy! But it's a nice day outside so I can't be bothered anymore.

The only thing that rings dodgy are those 'brutal deaths', which seem somewhat of a waste of time to add - and I hope they don't continue down that path - but whatever, I don't presume to know the first thing about AoD's schedule or what everyone in the team is doing at a particular time.

In any case, I'm looking forward to it.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
SkepticsClaw said:
The only thing that rings dodgy are those 'brutal deaths', which seem somewhat of a waste of time to add ...
What else should the animator do while the rest of the team is busy with some other shit?

for the poor souls who are actually following this closely i would say that the initiation of a "monthly update thread" doesn't exactly signal the end of development but you know, it's their choice and they apparently get something out of it.

zelda64whatagreatgame said:
i wonder how bad the game was in 2009 for example. i'm smelling something fishy here.

People always massively - like to the order of 50-75% - underestimate the time required when it's their first crack at a complex project. They think they're halfway done, without realising that the latter parts of a project get increasingly fiddly - so what looks like the last 10% of a project ends up taking about 50% of the time.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Vault Dweller said:
SkepticsClaw said:
The only thing that rings dodgy are those 'brutal deaths', which seem somewhat of a waste of time to add ...
What else should the animator do while the rest of the team is busy with some other shit?
I thought it might be something like this. So in other words, it's you who's actually holding the game up? ;)

flabbyjack

Arcane
VentilatorOfDoom said:
We also added some nice visual improvements to the combat, like opponents being pushed back by the spear interrupts instead of walking backwards, and blood splashes on the terrain for very damaging attacks.
This was my one main criticism of the combat, nice to see they are reading feedback or are good enough not to need to read it.

Deleted member 7219

Vault Dweller said:
SkepticsClaw said:

Sex scenes?

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
moor like... age of decaturd... not coming out... turd update... more like... not an update... a turd... yeah... fuck man i am clever..

Jezal_k23

Matt7895 said:
Vault Dweller said:
SkepticsClaw said:

Sex scenes?

Yes and don't forget to add the gay ones.

Also I hope this gets to be on Steam bros. I think that's the only way I'd be able to buy it.

And if I can't buy it then don't worry I'm not gonna pirate it.

MCA
Fuck the haters. AoD demo was in need of some graphic violence. It felt kind of like a playground there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom