Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Conan

Andhaira

Arcane
Is it worth playing?

Graphics look good enough from vis I have seen, and I have the 'wants' to play a dark stygian necromancer or demonologist, or a cimmerian barbarian.

I mostly would play for some questing, combat, and the occcasional PVP duel with other players.

Any reason not to play?

fabrulana

Augur
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I played it twice for a while a long time ago. Big fan of Conan's world, but found it laggy back then. Don't know if it is better now...

canakin

Cipher
I played it a few years ago, I found the game very good but I would only recommend it if you don't mind playing solo pretty much all the time until you are max level because population of the game is very low and it's hard to find low level people to do party content together. I can't comment on high level party content either because I used to play on a pvp server and everybody seemed to care about pvp only and didn't give a shit about raiding and such. The beginning of the game is almost single player modern rpg quality with voice acting and somewhat decent plot but after level 20 it starts to feel more like your run of the mill mmo, Voice acting just goes away and quests start to feel a bit repetitive although no where mind numbing as your usual korean shitfest. World is absolutely beautiful and atmospheric, even riding around on a horse doing nothing, enjoying the scenery and soundtrack is rather fun. If you like R.E Howard's work or Conan comics you will find the game satisfying lorewise. Nothing in that department sticks out as far as I remember. So yeah, I can't think of a reason not to play, as long as mmorpgs are your thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom