Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Agarest: Putting the PG in RPG

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Planescape: Incarnations of War
Sensō. Sensō wa kesshite henkō shinai.

RK47

Patron
The pacing is simply idiotical. And why is everyone so O.K. with it? Yeah, now you need to pick a woman to fuck and get a child real fast and like! Go bro!

Why not have some extra scenes to divide the whole thing, why not show the actual sealing and have sum drama on it?

AGHHHHHHH!

Someone half competent could do something interesting out of the whole thing.

I bet the whole light/darkness meter thingy has no effect in the future plot either.

I KNEW YOU'D SEE IT MY WAY HABA-BRO. :(
Mine eyes have grown moist.
Alas, Ladius. He is resigned to his fate.

RK47

Patron
I'm not sure. I finished the first generation in 20 hours. But I did spend some time trying out the mechanics of capture, alchemy and other stuff.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Young unsociable boy
burrrned

How did you get that ecchi scene in the beginning?
Damn I am almost level 30, fighting re-colored enemies in a fuckhole swamp, mindless mooks thrown by my future to be wife on me, AND WHAT IS EVEN

arbol.jpg
THIS SHIT

and you get ecchi scenes?

But at least I am slowly gathering my own army of pokemon. I already has a small beholder and skeleton warrior who replaced two companions
I also caught a catgirl
But I had to sell her.

RK47

Patron
After playing with her pussy, correct?
That scene is unlocked if you get Luana to affection Lv.3 before turn 40.

RK47

Patron
No, I'm just digging through every scrap of content, cause I hate missing out on some stuff.
There's a major chunk of stuff I didn't get to see cause I picked that fucking river run when I first met Zerva.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I always did things opposite way, picking "let's get straight in and beat their faces", so I missed the whole river stuff. It was kinda strange that going around, on a boat, ended up in more fighting than just storming the fortress, as I found out later.

RK47

Patron
Also, I kinda regret not putting more effort in leveling Winfield in the true path (Syrium)
Guy seems to have a real personality compared to the others.
Not to mention the only special skill that steals and kills at the same time.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Me too, he's a bro, particularly in Gen 3. But for me it's different reason - he has skill which roots monster in place. Which apparently rocks like hell against bosses and bosses+minions, but my Windfield is uh, level 7.

Oh and RK, anybody would probably guess that just by looking at the guy, but
do not level up Vashtor

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Mini G2 gameplay discussion
Today we'll discuss our party's glass cannon, Vira-Lorr
12.jpg

Vira-Lorr build favors INT over all else, there really is no need to look anywhere else but INT (For MAG) and VIT (additional HP & DEF).
Her weapon options are very good too, capable of wielding staff and swords.

Her main weakness is low HP, AGI, and movement speed.
Here are her innate skill slots:
1x Extra
extra.jpg
- Extra skill has no element attached to them and is usually a non combo. This slot will definitely be permanently occupied by the Impulse spell (5-Hit Magic attack).
2x Special
special.jpg
- Special skills tend to have high combo hits but are terrible or situational on their own. Since she really has no physical attack to boost the damage, slot in Steal to spam in boss fights and Trick Hit for the odd escape option.
1x Earth
earth.jpg
- Earth Needle is definitely staying here, or if you want an alternate healing spell, Harvest Heal might work.

Now, weapons play a major role in her effectiveness. Not only they increase her magic attack, but it also provides her with additional spell slots. Her current weapon is a Thunder-element weapon, Thunderseal Sword.

08.jpg

If you look at the stats closely, Thunder element weapons are all-rounders, increasing all statistics when upgraded. Every elemental weapons are focused differently, e.g Fire has highest Break value, ATK, and is split between STR and VIT only.
Interestingly, Thunderseal also gives more MAG than ATK, making it a great weapon for casters like Vira-Lorr.
Every elemental weapons also comes with three skill slots that correspond with their element, making the wielder very specialized.
Non-elemental weapons tend to be more varied, offering more than one type of slot.

With the Thunderseal equipped, her skill load-out should look like this:
10.jpg

2x Thunder
Thunder can be comboed with Fire and Black Mist(Zerva) for a high damage magic attack. It also has significantly high Break and a chance to paralyze its target.

1x Evasion Gain
There really isn't much option for the 3rd Thunder slot until you gain higher tier spells, your choice is either Evasion Gain or Accuracy Gain. Both are support spells, but I feel Evasion Gain wins out here because its impact can be felt when the front liners are equipped with Wind Guards and hits 80-90 AVD values. Think of an evaded attack as a free heal. And remember, magic cannot miss - so switch to spell casters when you meet high AVD opponents and let the melee-users attack with multi-hit skills.

There is also a reward for specializing on a specific skill type, every time you use a skill, you increase the skill affinity, boosting the character's damage output/effectiveness. So don't spread out the usage, spam that Thunder like no tomorrow if you're a Thunder weapon user and spam Power attack when you control Borgnine to break more effectively.

07.jpg

That's all for now, stay safe and aim for the OVERKILL!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom