Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Agarest: Generations of War

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
WAIT TILL THEY PORT THE SEQUEL MOTHERFUCKER.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
lolwut shadenaut, you're saying the art is GOOD? Weeaboo moeshit, all of it.

:)

Shadenuat

Arcane
lolwut shadenaut, you're saying the art is GOOD? Weeaboo moeshit, all of it.:)
The animations are very solid and, in general, game looks close to Ragnarok Online, which isn't bad. Special effects are decent for JRPG, monsters are fun to fight against, particularly big tough shits like dragons, golems and trolls.
Weapons and items look very nice, they all have pictures, and all have unique sprites for every character (this part really kills me, because there are hundred(s) of weapons in this game).
Special attacks also look good, and every spell, attack, "renzokuken" equivalent and every of 100+ combos have unique animations and effects.

It is obvious people who made it can draw. If they stopped bathing in fetishism they could create characters nice to look at, and if writer stopped to think of his work too seriously, game could get nice Slayers look and story. Or even Lodoss, if they let us play somebody who looks cool as Vashtor, instead of teenagers in leather and zippers (Ladius is like the only normal looking warrior in whole game).

RK47

Patron
Vashtor is cool.

*updates Shadenuat.txt*

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well he looks and acts totally cool compared to other party members. You should wait till gen 4 I believe, where he'd show how he does things. "We're asking you where mac'guffin is" - "What if I won't tell" - "Then we will ask everybody else in your tribe. And then we will start killing everybody who won't tell us. And then we will kill your whole fucking tribe until you finally tell us".
And whole party is like : :retarded: and then just agrees with him for no reason, because Duran is too much of a pussy to do anything.

ash9.jpeg

Pale shadow of, but even fraction of resemblance grants a point from me.

It's Idea Factory. They NEVER improve.

:(

:hero:

Last edited:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
WAIT TILL THEY PORT THE SEQUEL MOTHERFUCKER.
let me spoil it for you. the sequel has less than half the characters and only two gens. the sequel to that keeps that character count, has three gens, minigames and dumbed down combat from cross edge.
but hey, they animate the characters during dialogue trinity universe style, so at least the boobs move now.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yeah I heard about it, but I would still actually manage to finish game right way - I was quite a few turns away from reaching 500, and I actually did not farm dungeons, I farmed regular nodes, because only those, I believe, count for finishing Adventure Guild titles, unlike quests and dungeons.
What I did wrong is specific order of how you must conquer fortresses, which did not make any sense at all and I thought I was doing well cause I had important characters in my party, was neutral in the beginning and even got neutral title.

Eh, fuck it. It's not like playing this game right way improves writing or makes combat more interesting.

I wasn't disappointed by lack of proper ending really, but by the fact that I didn't see all the bosses. I liked the final fight which was three boss fights in a row (!) which almost made me eat my shirt, I even lost 1 character and had to finish final boss with 5, so I was in the mood to kick ass and chew bubblegum, but then game just ended, while I really wanted game to kick me in the balls a few more times to test the limits of my party.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
I was pretty much race traitor whole game because only elves, kitsunas and other girls were pretty or at least somewhat interesting, and Sherufanir was just the best. You may yet change your opinion if you pay attention to her.

Bitch is crazy, man. GotY moment tho when full moon. That morning after talk. Gold.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Bitch is crazy, man. GotY moment tho when full moon. That morning after talk. Gold.
Itz one of the few moments in the game when writing manages to push itself through a wall of BORING, yes. There are some others, sadly they are so few :M

deuxhero

Arcane
I have no words. Can't hate this game. I just respect the effort of these people who worked so hard on the details in it. Combat and it's animations, art, weapons, music, monsters, pokemon system... I want to believe that everything else is some lead designer/writer's fault and that he will do better next time. Or jump off the building or something to let better people do the job.

It's Idea Factory. They NEVER improve.

I've mentioned it before, but Marriage (the PSP game) is supposed to be fairly good (I don't read nearly enough moon to verify this).

It was done by an external studio

RK47

Patron
If there's one thing I really hate it's the fucking music.
Goddamn, my ears. I turned it off almost immediately when booting up the game.
Devil's work man.

RK47

Patron
Hard mode is pretty fucked up.
Game over thrice already. Crafting seems to fix the issue slightly, that and a generous PP investment on Borgnine's VIT.

Arkeus

Arcane
Hard mode is pretty fucked up.
Game over thrice already. Crafting seems to fix the issue slightly, that and a generous PP investment on Borgnine's VIT.
Hard mode's hardest part is the very beginning, and then the erratic difficulty spikes here and there.

As long as you don't forget to craft and don't waste your EP on useless stuff you should be doing alright.

Also, remember that converting a Long sword neds you +100atk, converting a rondel +130Mtgk, converting a harpoon (i think?) 130Def. Those are early-ish noticeable boosts.

Oh, and elemental weaponry is available really early and actually quite potent as long as you get the right element (ice for int, wind for agi, earth for vit, thunder for hit iirc, and fire for str i think), as they give a BIG bonus in AP, and their damage itself isn't bad at all.

Don't waste your tp, and try to get the 1250TP skill book as fast as possible.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This game is currently 80% off on GOG ($4). Worth it for the price, or is it better to ignore it altogether?

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This game is currently 80% off on GOG ($4). Worth it for the price, or is it better to ignore it altogether?
I played a bit to get the cards. Didn't like the stupid dialogues and boring battles from the beginning. Also considering the game is very long and (repetitive) combat-heavy...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom