Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Agarest: Generations of War

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
wmplayer%202013-10-13%2018-10-00-18.jpg
:yeah:

Anyways, tried out some 2nd Generation as Elaine's son. Was sad to learn he wear fists, middling dps gear with better accuracy. Spent TP on Adaka gloves to kit him up. Changed my mind after seeing him survive a 6-max alpha opener from his waifu.

My god, he is like Superman. STR Rating A and VIT Rating S.
He can't die. The Golden Leo is reborn. Fuck Borgnine. Golden Fist ftw.
Equip Lv 5 Bird Eye armor for +36 Dodge
Capture Level 23 Wolf and Level 24 Killer Bee, combined them into 28 AP Werewolf with Lightning Slot.
Give that Wolf Evasion Up skill and watch Ladius the Golden Fist AVD jump up to 126 and the title: The Unfuckwithable.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Eh, I don't even bother to max things out. The hardest part for me was midgame of Gen 1, with that fucking cowardly general always running away. Then I got 2 heal spells and Resurrect and figured out linking characters/AI, and just stopped dying. In Gen2 I started to use auto-combat, only going for manual controls if I need to res someone. I also took a little time to get myself platinum weapons, because while I was winning it was taking just too long with random crap my party was wielding. Gen3 ramps up difficulty - fucking bees man, and large monsters are now casual mobs. Also compared to amazing Ladius'es "V" formation, which is very easy to use, Thoma's isn't that great. I married Sherufanir, obviously, because she is funny as hell, so Thoma became an AGI based guy who can wield swords and rapiers, which also isn't great.
But oddly he can also wield hammers, so I gave him a huge fucking warhammer and few bonuses from captured monsters for better STR, so he is effective. Not as Borgnine, of course, but noone is, because that tank has a bonus from upping his VIT from level 1, meaning now he has unparalleled HP of 7000+, more than any monsters.
Thoma's super attack, however, is a long ranged single target blast, which can be exploited greatly when fighting bosses.

I still carry floating eye Familiar. It's not that he is so great, but I can't find any other character who combines 3-5 different magics, dark magic (Capture!), high Luck, and Steal all in one package. My other monster is Salamander.
Ellis and seer chick also irreplaceable with their 100+ INT, even if their damaging skills are so fucking boring.

By the way RK47 are you going to use marionettes? Seen that guild? It's so creepy...

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
You seem to forget that in my playthrough I did not keep Borgnine and Winfield for the last half of the G1.
Hence they're both underleveled for G2. Borgnine is lv 13, and Winfield is lv 9.
They're facing Lv 22 Rebels. :lol:

LundB

Mistakes were made.
And you did me no favours by marrying Fyuria. :x

Oh well, at least I can AGtank.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yeah after I figured out women do not follow you right away into other gens, I stopped using waifus in combat completely. I'm just stripping them of equipment and skills and level up Ellis, big bad and two monsters.

RK47

Patron
It's a shame. But I wish combat performance rewards relationship points like Binary Domain.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Crawled my way through 4 bosses one after another to Gen 4, and what do I get - a goddamn annoying emo teenager.
Eh from banal but lulzy anime back to shitty writing now with Agarest Squall equivalent.

Never get on a boat in fantasy
Because there is a fucking giant squid, alright
Always a giant squid

Combat becomes more intense, but not any more tactical. Boss with 20k hp, boss with 50k hp, boss with 40k hp.
Best fight in Gen 3 is a relatively weak, but with annoying AI, just 15k hp boss who is supported by 4 or 5 angels. Boss and angels all have healing abilities, so encounter is just plain evil.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Well, marionette is a nice idea, but the cost is just too high.
By the time you reach that point, you've already outpaced the marionette by 5-7 levels.
I think Leonhardt will not outperform Son of Syrium (Fyuria) in the game, Ladius the Sword combat initiative makes setting up formation easy. His STR growth is just B, but his A rating on AGI makes everyone else in the party able to focus their growth elsewhere and seriously, I cannot ditch Ellis, Vira Lorr nor Zerva. They're just too damn effective at this point.

But if you are Son of Gridamas (Elaine), Ladius the Fist, you are literally Borgnine without his weakness - able to tank and dish out damage on melee without fear of death. S rating on VIT, A rating on STR. If you slap on some great gear and +100 ATK actives to overcome his average damage, he'll just be the tip of the spear formation, going in alone, absorbing all the damage on turn 1, gaining massive SP for turn 2 alpha.

Just tried playing as son of Luana.
Man, this guy's terrible. Goddamn Mahou Shonen.
Breaker weapons aren't exactly common, and his middling stats made his role quite hard to define.
If you want to turn him into a physical damage dealer, you won't be getting mileage from your points due to D rating on STR. If you need magic, he has the INT - A, but you will need a great weapon to take advantage of it. And since he cannot wield neither Rods nor Swords (both are common and tends to have good Magic and slots) - prepare to craft a few weapons.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Was exploring the DLC in G1 at work...

02.png

Sheee-it

Shadenuat

Arcane
Prepare to meet 3 large or even worse combinations later in game. I'm now stuck at what is concidered the hardest fight in the game in Gen 5 which is boss + 2 large. Holy shit the asian difficult spikes are annoying.

DLC areas aren't very useful if you already have "continent" tier weapons (Silver, Platinum, Mithril, and so on). They usually have items and mobs of your end-gen level, level 20 for gen 1, level 65 for gen 4, like that. Sometimes there are items hard to reach and which are unique, but in the long run they will become obsolete once you finish next continent or even half of it. Occasionally you'll get some hard to craft items a tier higher maybe, but you still need to craft series of items to not suck later and have access to better stuff, you must fill the recipe book by finishing adventure guild quests.
Well, you can always enhance-break these items for the future of course, or to get more +bonuses for your slots.

BTW, important advice for anyone who will play this gaem: NEVER SELL ANYTHING. IGNORE THE SELL BUTTON IN SHOP. Never sell any misc. items (claws, fur, grimoires, whatever) unless you have 5+ of them. And never sell any weapons if they can be enhanced>broken into components. Just don't, unless you want to get stuck in the asian item/titles progression chain and travel all the continents for some cheap level 1 shit to craft your mega level 60 sword.
Only exception is if crafter item appeared in the shop, which happens to regular items which you will need to use later for crafting.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
My office laptop just overheated as I was about to take on Valeria. :lol:
According to Lund, if you only beat her guards and ignore her completely in that battle, she will start with higher affection. :salute:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Sherufanir is the only waifu in my heart forever. She allowed me to touch her tail. And she said she kept her tail for special person.

RK47

Patron
....sorry, I don't think my son is a race traitor like his father.
Not gonna make the same mistake twice in the bloodline.
But there's no doubt that Ladius ' LundB ' van Bosser is a

liberals

Shadenuat

Arcane
I was pretty much race traitor whole game because only elves, kitsunas and other girls were pretty or at least somewhat interesting, and Sherufanir was just the best. You may yet change your opinion if you pay attention to her.

However, I now have to deal with the fact that because my "son" is part elf, part dark elf, part kitsune and part harpia, and all these girls were "thief" types, my stats are weird as fuck. I have AGI of 90+ without any items, and hight INT, but my STR and VIT are kinda shit. OTOH my guy can fly with his Float skill from harpia, runs 7 squares per round, has ~40 action points and acts first even when fighting bosses. So I guess it balanced it out.

Buuut I would still prefer a killing machine with 200 strength and 20K HP, really.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Gen 2 has the great 'stuck in a cave in naked with your waifu' scene that should totally have been a staple event for all gens.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Want more swamps in your swamps? Cause there will be more swamps. And then forests, and caves. And swamps.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
FRAPS makes combat a bit laggy, pity my laptop doesn't have a second drive to save to, since it apparently helps to save video to a different drive from the one the game's on. Anyway, editing video now RK. Gen2 shall commence shortly. I hope I don't disappoint you dad (though I already was a tard and forgot to steal from the furfag sloot before taking her out).

RK47

Patron
You're so damn late it's not even funny. Then again I'm having fun unlocking all the CG on G1.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Wow. Just wow. This game completely blocks you of end game content, including like 6 bosses, and canon ending if you don't do things you never even thought you have to do.

So fuck it. Staying true race traitor to the end, I got my picture of cute mermaid chick and I am happy with that. The rest I leave to RK47.

Just unbelievable :lol: Who designs games like that, so in the end they start to feel and play like a job
Unfuckingbelievable

So much wasted potential with combat and art. All this effort, and that potent combat could create something really nice. All these people written and drawn all this stuff. Could have done such a great game, just better writing, less fetishism and less grinding and repetition in combat. And few but interesting bosses so they would differ as from now 10-50-100-150-200K HP-wipesyourparty-staybehindeatgrass-ressurect-get-sp-killbosswith6renzokukens.

And VO! They VO'd everything! EVERYTHING! All this crap which is written was voiced! God!

I have no words. Can't hate this game. I just respect the effort of these people who worked so hard on the details in it. Combat and it's animations, art, weapons, music, monsters, pokemon system... I want to believe that everything else is some lead designer/writer's fault and that he will do better next time. Or jump off the building or something to let better people do the job.

Last edited:

Arkeus

Arcane
So, i got Ellis level 25... And Oh My God her second EX skills has a absolute range, which means that in Link attacks with her her range is the whole map (even if she doesn't have the required SP).

Aahahahah.

RK47

Patron
So, i got Ellis level 25... And Oh My God her second EX skills has a absolute range, which means that in Link attacks with her her range is the whole map (even if she doesn't have the required SP).

Aahahahah.

shes the best healer in the game. in fact i kind of regretting all that INT points, it does boost healing though. just give her high def armor and utility staff.
on the other hand fyuria is the highest AP caster - if marionette isnt so expensive she's worth taking through all 5 gens.

TigerKnee

Arcane
I have no words. Can't hate this game. I just respect the effort of these people who worked so hard on the details in it. Combat and it's animations, art, weapons, music, monsters, pokemon system... I want to believe that everything else is some lead designer/writer's fault and that he will do better next time. Or jump off the building or something to let better people do the job.
It's Idea Factory. They NEVER improve.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom