Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Afterfall: Reconquest (coming soon to a lp thread near you)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
http://indiegamehq.com/afterfall-pearl-of-the-wasteland-revealed-through-fan-page/

Nicolas Games has revealed the sequel to their debut title Afterfall: InSanity through the creation of a Facebook page in which they plan to update periodically as the game develops. Afterfall: Pearl of the Wasteland is set in the far future, 63 years after the disaster. Past societies have fallen, and what remains are tribal societies and the remnants of the Republic.
Not much has been revealed at this point, but the game certainly does seem interesting. We will continue to follow this project as more details are revealed.

http://indiegamehq.com/tomasz-majka...sses-the-afterfall-universe-past-and-present/

Indie Game HQ: How has Pearl of the Wasteland been in the works?
Tomasz: It’s still at a very early stage. We have design almost completed, so kick off is really close. This will be different, and there is a lot of work to make this game our signature in the gaming industry.

Indie Game HQ: Can you tell us a little bit about this game?
Tomasz: It’s not a sequel of InSanity (however there will be some links) it’s also not your typical, old-school RPG. This is going to be a Noir style story-driven game, as we want to give gamers fun but also tell them an interesting story. To be honest, this is the game I wanted to make for years.

Prepare yourselves for a new LP, coming to a playground near you M:

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Funny thing is that this is actually true to their promises - InSanity would be an acshun game promoting the universe, and THEN they'd release an rpg :balance:

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
I didn't even know they released a first game, thought that whole project was scrapped ages ago. This one doesn't really grab my interest.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Ho boy,

Afterfall is back! And its now official !!!
Now we will witness the reality 63 years after nuclear holocaust.

After the success of Afterfall: InSanity on Steam Greenlight, Nicolas Games and IntoXicate Studios are proud to announce a new chapter in the history of the Afterfall world. This time we will travel into more 'distant future' –
63 years after Day Zero. And we will do it three times.

What is the Pearl of the Wasteland?
A search of ones own identity, legendary City of Wonders and roots of civilization in the world destroyed by war. Every character in game imagines Pearl as something different; for some it is a lost treasury filled with unimaginable wealth, for others last bastion of humanity where life thrives just like it did before the Day Zero. There is more than a few visions of the Pearl of the Wasteland in the game what evokes in a player a sense of something fugitive, elusive, almost mythical. Pearl of the Wasteland is humanity in times when civilization is but a distant memory. On the barren wastelands where survival is the only thing that matters, the last treasure that almost no one can afford is to remain human.

Three episodes, three heroes, three paths...
Every soul perceives Pearl as something different –we want to present the same story as told by three different heroes with different motivations, experience and desires. Players be able to control three different characters whose paths might cross at certain points. Although they will share a similar goal, the road, just like the Pearlitself, is unique for Reaper, Hope Iriv and Rottgar Iriv.

Every episodewill take around 1,5-2 hours to finish.

Age Rating : TBD
Platforms: PC
Release Date; TBA

Key Features:
Mix of action, exploration, saving and protecting other characters from threats
Shooting mechanics based on cover system, realistic weapon behavior and limited ammo to emphasize gravity of the threat in each situation
Recreation of the original Afterfall world setting –environments, characters, weapons, sounds, music etc.
1,5-2 hours of gameplay per Episode
Each Episode with a unique protagonist
Unique gameplay elements in each Episode

Stay tuned –news will show up on our facebook http://www.facebook.com/AfterfallPearlOfTheWasteland

:troll: :troll: :troll:

Also interview in potato

http://www.gram.pl/artykul/2013/01/16/afterfall-pearl-of-the-wasteland.shtml

Our characters:

REAPER - a conflicted augmented mutant-hunter tough guy with a complicated past searching for his father, a middle-aged guy

HOPE IRIV - a conflicted gearhead womyn, an important guy's little girl, conflicted with her overly-ambitious brother

ROTTGAR IRIV - A conservative grand strategist shrouded in a veil of mystery, an important guy's eldest son, conflicted with his father who suddenly thought BIOAUGMENTING MUTASHUNS are a-okay.

An episode will come out once every 3-4 months. AND ALL OF THEM WILL BE DIFFERENT!!!!

ONLY ONCE YOU COMPLETE ALL 3 EPISODES WILL YOU GET ALL THE ANSWERS @_@

MINOR INTER-EPISODIC C&C!

QTEs :troll:

STALKER rip-off associations? A TOTAL COINCIDENCE :troll:

Oh yes this trainwreck will be gud:avatard:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
and to think there was a time when i was waiting for their game thinking naively that it's gonna be rpg in a dark and violent setting :M

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
SO GUISES

ARE YOU EXCITUNGS?!?!?!?!

http://afterfall-reconquest.com/

"Pearl of the Wasteland" got renamed into 'Reconquest' because why not, but it otherwise stays p. much the same. Episodic content!!! Majestic acshun!!! DEEP SOPHISTICATED NARRATIVE AND FACSHUNS AND CHARACTERS OMG MUCH IMMERSHUN

Why is it episodic?

Why episodes?

I've been asked lately what will be the difference between episodes. The answer came almost immediately: everything and nothing. But this time I’d like to focus on how the story will develop between the parts of our little epic.

Nothing ever made me happier as a designer than dividing the game into episodes. Why? Because I’m always amazed when I think about the evolution of TV series during the last few years. While the big screen is dominated by adaptations, sequels and prequels, TV is ruled by original stories like The Sopranos or True Detective. Seeing how polished the plots of TV series are we’ve asked ourselves a question: will we be able to tell this story in one go? The answer was simple: there’s no way. Mostly because we’ve prepared for you a real plot-rollercoaster ride.

Thanks to dividing the game into episodes we were able to tell a deep, multidimensional story about a mutant hunter – an independent individual who found himself in the middle of a feud between two technocratic families and who will play a major role in the wake of an upcoming war. We want to share with you an interesting story about a world in which humanity must earn back its place on Earth but their inborn greed makes it impossible to unite against a common enemy. Technocratic families are constantly trying to trick one another to gain an upper hand. In the first episode the players will meet the Irivddiali family who are currently in a middle of a deep internal crisis. The fates of the heroe(s) and Irivddiali will be entwined but only the player will decide whether their problems will also become his or her own. In the second part the player will get to know the cunning Hartor family along with their amazing and at the same time terrifying mutation experiments.

A world full of contradictions and injustice gives us the means to throw the player into a believable and unpredictable journey during which he or she will have the possibility to transform from a mere cog in a machine into the individual who’ll decide the fate of every living human being.

I CANT WAIT

BUT THERE'S MORE!

You're playing - you're deciding!

Game designer is the programmer's worst nightmare. Guy comes in and says: 'let's do a multidimensional story with branching paths' and I'm supposed to create tools for that.

Let me tell you something about our new dialog system. Thanks to it you will be able to choose whether you want to play the game as a heroic savior of mankind or ruthless bounty hunter. Created in a programmer + designer duo, our custom middleware gave us freedom to build branching dialogue paths and enabled to create natural and believable conversations with NPC's.

dialog.png

From now on, Afterfall: Reconquest is no longer a linear game and the player, cast into a world deprived of clear rules, must find his or her own path and remember that each choice carries inevitable consequences. Is this the long awaited Afterfall RPG...? Maybe not yet. However...

SUCH RPG!

AND WHOA

FINALLY

We are going to run an AMA (ask me anything) session on our Facebook fanpage https://www.facebook.com/AfterfallReconquest. Session will last Monday 10 a.m. – Tueasday 10 a.m. (CET) on Afterfall: Reconquest, so get your questions ready!

SOUNDS LIKE MORE INFO COMING UPSOON OMG :troll:

Time to start warming up the printscreen button! +M

Durwyn

Prophet
Wow, raping of utopian dream of polish Fallout continues. Wake me up in 10 years when it's dead and long forgotten.

Alex

Arcane
Wasn't this the game that promised there would be a ton of features like bionic limbs with batteries mutations and what not? Are they keeping any of those?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Fuck it, better to play The Fall Last Days of Gaia. At least it work and exist.

Durwyn

Prophet
It's like the first game ever to get spin-offs before the original exists. It should be noted in Guinness World Record book or something

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom