Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware After Reset - vaporware Fallout clone

Mortmal

Arcane
Episodic ? imagine fallout episodic , what a nonsense. Noticed too on the concept arts that all the nudity disssapeared.So politically correct , yellow episodic fallout subpar clone, how excited i am .

Ramireza

Savant
Episodic ? imagine fallout episodic , what a nonsense. Noticed too on the concept arts that all the nudity disssapeared.So politically correct , yellow episodic fallout subpar clone, how excited i am .

Correct. They are trying everything to get money from RPG nerds like us to create an... an... "well, lets see where this leads us RPG-Like" game.

EDIT : A game like "Fallout 1&2, Baldur's Gate and Planescape:Torment.", the Man & Dog Picture and their Studios is called "Black Cloud Studios"? LOL. They are trying to had in my opinion. BTW : The Screenshots sucks. Another mediocre 3D Engine.

Not worth to pledge imo.

Last edited:

TheLostOne

Savant
I don't know why anyone's even talking about this. It's obviously either a cash grab (couldn't get a million, but now I know I can get an easy 50k, right?) or wildly delusional.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
BTW there was another kickstarter in March, they collected money for After Reset visual novel ($14,299 pledged of $12,500 goal)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackcloudstudios/after-reset-the-fall-of-gyes/posts/763580

this is called "centaur"... I think I've seen this centaur elsewhere...
0af3f6536b2a18811a84fbee49eb0c51_large.png

and the other beasts look like the monsters from "The Thing"

And another thing - the screenshots are the same that were in the first campaign, no progress since november '13?

TheLostOne

Savant
Nah, they made progress. Figured out how much suckers are willing to shell out and restructured their goal/stretchgoal system to match.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you're trying to distract me from the pitch by constantly reminding me that your name is Richard Nixon, it's working.

MrNixon

Black Cloud Studios
Developer
I guess, it is quite unworthy to troll people who work from dusk to dusk to make the game of their dreams a reality. Your posts really hurts.

Perkel

Arcane
Maybe you should try it.

Honestly i want more RPGs especially those you mention but there is nothing that says you will deliver game.
If you want people to believe you and you indeed have means to hire some devs then create vertical slice.

Create one small area upon which you will show combat system, dialog system and maybe even proper writing or who knows quest or two. IT doesn't even need to be fancy. Just prove that you are indeed committed to it and your people know what they are doing.

Creating hiking simulator doesn't prove anything as ton of people here can create something like this in Unity or UE.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

I am glad he/they received the $30K. As he states, there is no turning back now and I hope he's ready to face the music. The management of a project is the hardest part, not the actual programming and bug smashing.
He should write to Avellone for some advice in world and character creation. :)
Its a good strategy to make a prologue first with a smaller budget. If this will have quality, the money will pour after because there are lots of people out there that craved all these years for a proper hardcore Fallout clone. Word of mouth will do the rest.
This project needs professional and hard working persons or its doomed from the start.
Work ethic is the key.

MrNixon

Black Cloud Studios
Developer

"After Reset RPG may be the Fallout 3 we never got..."
- JOYSTIQ

"After Reset RPG aims to be the best of Fallout, Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment..."
- PCGAMESN

"A realistic sci-fi apocalypses, brought to life by gorgeous visuals, great music, and that story..."
- CLIQIST

We reached the second stretch goal: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackcloudstudios/after-reset-rpg-rebooted/posts/936537

Music: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackcloudstudios/after-reset-rpg-rebooted/posts/930615

The "Gyes" Bunker: First Screenshots (FULL HD): http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackcloudstudios/after-reset-rpg-rebooted/posts/929325

FYI My old fan-project: Fallout D20: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackcloudstudios/after-reset-rpg-rebooted/posts/910764

Just keep in mind that we've done not with millions of dollars. Our budget was $15k.

Our current project is still running and it needs your help:

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
He even avoids russian-speaking boards (when Vault Dweller for example does not). Well, maybe he just has nothing to say about the game.

He even avoids russian-speaking boards (when Vault Dweller for example does not). Well, maybe he just has nothing to say about the game.
To be fair, he couldn't even really mange to take criticism on 'dex, and it was quite mild:
I guess, it is quite unworthy to troll people who work from dusk to dusk to make the game of their dreams a reality. Your posts really hurts.
Whatever, guys. Didn't mean to offend anyone.
And most russian boards are... quite codexian in behavior, maybe even more so, here at least nobody told him "мамку твою ебал лалка )))".
tl;dr Russian community was skeptical and still is.

MrNixon

Black Cloud Studios
Developer
Hmm it is interesting how speculatively and selectively you take phrases out of context.
Even among plenty good words sad about our work (which we devoted our life time to) on Russian forums (e.g. http://core-rpg.ru/forum/104-2159-1) you spend your efforts and your energy to dig out some dirt, or invent some.
Why are you so desperately and awkwardly trying to bury our game?
//just curios...

Mate, what the fuck. This is not how you should promote the game, at all. You shouldn't take criticism or even mild ribbing to heart. You shouldn't pout and tell me that I spend some efforts to ~OMG PROSECUTE YOU~. I just viewed your post history here (literally two clicks) and remembered what I saw about your game at riotgames (four mouse clicks). What time, what effort? "curios", my ass. Spell-check your posts at least.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
Hmm it is interesting how speculatively and selectively you take phrases out of context.
Even among plenty good words sad about our work (which we devoted our life time to) on Russian forums (e.g. http://core-rpg.ru/forum/104-2159-1) you spend your efforts and your energy to dig out some dirt, or invent some.
//just curios...
You have no prior experience in game developing but shamelessly promise a game which, how you say, will be on par with Fallout 1-2, Planescape:Torment and BG. Look through the thread, answer some questions, try to sell us your game.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
//just curios...

'Sup Dogma7?

set

Cipher
Watching this is like watching the hindenburng or the twin towers falling -- in action. My god, this is a tragedy in slow motion, a scam or knavery of the highest order...when it comes to video games anyway. How pathetic our industry is now; even "games in development" like "this" "game" "succeed" and people are so stupid they fall for it. I don't have enough quotes for something like this.

Even the developers of these games now target us thinking they can squeeze cash from a niche audience. They target nostalgia and naivete and they succeed because how many modern western young adult men have an ounce of common sense in them?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Watching this is like watching the hindenburng or the twin towers falling -- in action. My god, this is a tragedy in slow motion, a scam or knavery of the highest order...when it comes to video games anyway. How pathetic our industry is now; even "games in development" like "this" "game" "succeed" and people are so stupid they fall for it. I don't have enough quotes for something like this.

Even the developers of these games now target us thinking they can squeeze cash from a niche audience. They target nostalgia and naivete and they succeed because how many modern western young adult men have an ounce of common sense in them?

Why not? It worked for Cleve!

set

Cipher
Reminds me. Whatever happened to that 30k RPGMaker game?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
//just curios...
You have no prior experience in game developing but shamelessly promise a game which, how you say, will be on par with Fallout 1-2, Planescape:Torment and BG. Look through the thread, answer some questions, try to sell us your game.

From the original pitch, the only thing clearly screaming incompetence's the "choice and nonlinearity" shtick. Mentions Shepard, goes on about whether to murder or not, then whether to be a hero or kick puppies. Other than that, p. sensible and could only nitpick individual statements.

PST name-dropped with regard to companion interaction, which isn't all that great, especially before fixpacks were released.

BG name-dropped WRT having a "personal story" to begin with. So, yeah. 90's CGI of a guy escaping through a tower upwards, not a high bar for any kickstarter. Whether created by person with nontrivial congenital brain damage or not.

Promises tons a shit, especially locations (quality vs quantity here). But give some benefit of a doubt instead of autist scream routine for a change.

Fucking Codex. Edit time limit. Will emit copious diarrhea in a double-post then.

Wow, I don't even know where to begin. This guy was. [...]

Provide some data that confirms your judgement. Let's say got doubt whether what you _consider_, say "credit whoring" or other shit you bring up, is actually that. Simply put for IN 3 types, I don't trust your judgement.

Let's say in BSD community, credit is serious shit. So actually omitting who reported, who tested, who mentored, is a nontrivial faux pas. That's an extreme example that likes of you won't be familiar with.

Further, if you think hosting a fucking game server's free, think again. Try running one and never asking for donations, fees. Not for a month or a quarter, host some for a fucking year and then come back. Opinionated bullshit.

The big mistake guy made in the very thread, he literally _apologized_ for inane invented bullshit tossed at him. Good luck in life with that. Whether back down from shit you shouldn't concede (otherwise lose your own dignity), or go full hiver, screaming autist spectacle; you can't face adversity. How people live like that daily no wonder they end hikikomori like hiver.

Last edited by a moderator:

set

Cipher
lol Twiglard, at least be a little less transparent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom