Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware After Reset - vaporware Fallout clone

rafaninja888

Novice
$900k. Lowest tier is $25
Is this their first game?????.Good luck to them...

MrNixon

Black Cloud Studios
Developer
after_reset_kickstarter.png

So, guys, it has happened. We are on Kickstarter now.

There are a lot of interesting stuff waiting for you to discover (including gameplay video, new arts, my interview about the game and other cookies): http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2146421095/after-reset-rpg

Guys, we’ve been waiting too long for a change in the weather. Yes, we can do it together. We need you. Come on, let’s make this game happen already!

KICKSTARTER UPDATE #1

First, thank you for your support, thank you for your words of inspirations and advice to make our project better. Due to your active engagement we:
• Added new pledges of $15 and $20;
• Added access to Closed Alpha and Beta Tests for every pledge equal to $35 or more;
• Added 10 limited SERGEANT MAJOR [+] pledges with free “Name a weapon” feature allowing us to name a weapon by backer’s name;
• Added 100 limited FIRST SERGEANT [+] pledges with free “Wailing Wall” feature allowing us to put backer’s name to the in-game memorial in Reno city, dedicated to survivors died during the Dallas Incident;
• Put all important changes in separate section of out page (Major Important Updates);
• Fixed our video (made it shorter and added more gameplay);
• Put marked BIO of our team in separate section of our page (“About the team. Who are you, guys?”);
• Indicated important questions and added them into FAQ (I put them at the end of current update as well).

Beyond that, I’d like to devote every update to one of the three main features of After Reset RPG (atmosphere, story or mechanics). And by this first update I’d like to appeal to STORY feature by revealing new lore. The lore about one of the major side of emerging conflict in the Game – the New Confederacy…

LORE: THE NEW CONFEDERACY

BIG_WailingWall.png

The Confederate Cities of America (CCA) commonly referred to as the Confederate Cities (CC) or the New Confederacy, was set up on February 4, 130AR (130 years After the Reset) by several cities within the region formerly known as North America. Those cities included in the New Confederacy were all survivors of the Reset and the nuclear holocaust that came with it, with populations directly descended from the survivors of the Reset. The creation of the CCA was heavily influenced by the Dallas Incident that occurred less than a year before its founding. It was also thanks to the personal charisma and experience of Bill Thomas, who united 5 of the survivor cities in Former North America and became the first President of The Confederate Cities of America after its formation.

The Articles of Confederation (or as they are called now – Articles of Stone, named after their originator Eli Stone, a colleague of Bill Thomas and the first Vice President of CCA) were adopted on June 11, 130AR, they state as follows:

1. Name of the New Confederacy: The Confederate Cities of America.

2. The head of the New Confederacy is the President, elected by the Council of Cities once every 5 years. After election, the President has a veto power over any decision by the Council of Cities, except for decisions on amendments of current Articles and on acceptance of new cities into the Confederacy.

3. The sovereignty of the cities of the Confederacy is established and their powers are guaranteed to the extent to which such powers do not fall under the Confederacy.

4. The goal of creating the Confederacy is established; the cities are obligated to help one another.

5. Citizens of the cities are accorded the freedom of movement within the Confederacy. Cities are obligated to extradite criminals and slaves.

6. The right of citizens of the Confederacy to keep and bear arms, the right to a due process hearing (including trial before a jury of their peers), and the right not to be forced to testify against oneself, are all affirmed.

7. The right of citizens of the Confederacy to own private property is affirmed. The right to own slaves – non-citizens of the Confederacy - is affirmed. The freedom of the latter is affirmed (a citizen of the Confederacy cannot be a slave).

8. The principle of "one city has one vote in the Council" and the procedure for appointing delegates to the Council of Cities (the delegates are chosen by the heads of cities) are affirmed.

9. The procedure for awarding military ranks during a war (any rank below a major is awarded by heads of cities).

10. Expenses by the Confederacy are paid for through taxes and in proportions set by the Council of Cities.

11. The Confederacy has the power to declare war, standardize weights and measures (including currency), and consider disputes between cities.

12. Powers, which the Articles do not directly assign to the New Confederacy, are reserved to the cities and citizens.

13. The procedure for accepting new cities into the Confederacy (requires approval by a majority of delegates in the Council of Cities) is established.

14. Procedure for amending the Articles is affirmed – changes must be approved by all the cities.

The official flag of the Confederate Cities of America, known as "Burnt Cross", consists of 5 (at the start of the 132AR) burnt stars inscribed into a blue diagonal cross on a red background. Each star represents one city of the Confederacy.

After the Dallas Incident, news of the sudden emergence of the United Governments quickly spread among few separate settlements of survivors across the Former North America.

Most of the people who survived the Reset on the surface started to blame the United Governments for all that happened. They had hard memories, of loved ones lost in storms of nuclear fire. Many of those had little to no experiences with the “Invading aliens” of the Reset, and later, generations brought up based on hatred towards the United Governments were stunned by the encounter with the "demons" of the Past Era and at the same time were frightened by the technical strength of these "demons". They were technologically beyond anything witnessed in generations.

Skillfully using this fear and hatred, and at the same time guaranteeing the right to own property (including the right to own slaves and territories) and the right to freedom (including freedom from slavery for citizens of the Confederacy and broad internal powers of cities of the Confederacy), the charismatic and ambitious politician Bill Thomas succeeded in less than a year to unite 5 cities of survivors under the banners of the Confederate Cities of America.

By the year 132 After Reset:
• The city of Reno is the capital of the New Confederacy.
• Bill Thomas is the president of the New Confederacy.
• Eli Stone is the vice-president of the New Confederacy.
• The New Confederacy consists of 5 cities; The Reno Capitol is one and there are four others, but you’ll have to play the game to find out what cities made it through the Reset.
• The official currency is the Confederacy Dollar (barter is gradually being replaced in the cities of the Confederacy.)
• The United Governments do not recognize the existence of the New Confederacy and do not have any diplomatic relations with them.

FAQ UPDATE:

I'm wondering if there will be an ability to create our own character(s) or not, just like these old games?
RE: This should be like in old school RPGs: you will be able to create your own character from characteristics to appearance. Feel free to look here to know more about character creation: http://afterreset.com/forum/showthre...wthread.php…

Will After Reset RPG be on Steam?
After Reset RPG has already been greenlit, thus we will definitely be available through Steam: http://www.afterreset.com/forum/showthread.php…

Your "Global influence of choice and consequences". Can you explain that?
After your first play through, all your choices could be sent to our server. After the game session (1-2 years after release) our PC will calculate global ending of the session for After Reset setting. All people’s choices will be taken into account. Than me myself (as the author of the setting) with our story masters will polish it. By all of that we will get one unite global ending for the setting plus to your own one. And they combine well within the story (I mean personal ending and global one).

Does the Internet required to activate or play the game? Am I forced to use the internet for that?
You are completely free to use it or not. Internet connection is required only for co-op, global ending influence and several small bonus ‘cookies’ from our exclusive pledges (to activate them). If you don’t want to connect to Internet you are free to play it with your CD-KEY like in good old Fallout 1&2… or just play cracked version from the Pirate Bay. But you will not be able to affect the setting, play co-op and use other small testy ‘cookies’ of Quantum Sync feature.

Speaking of DRM, will there be a DRM free version?
After Reset RPG will be DRM-free.

What is the difference between NORMAL and DIRECTORS'S CUT version? It says (no violence/morale/language restrictions switcher). What does it mean, exactly?
Director’s Cut is for hardcore sociopaths
smile.gif
But to be serious, those editions will have different ERSB ratings. Maximize violence is in Director’s Cut. As well as no language or actions restrictions. If you remember that devs had to cut off possibility of killing children in Fallout, then you know what I mean. I am also going to try to avoid any restrictions for real receipts of and made arms, explosive, stims and drugs. As well we are going to make much more violent animations. That cost more in production (e.g. recreating 1/3 of only character animations from Fallout 2 by motion capture technology we use for our game costs more than $12k).

What about a dialogue system to interact with NPCs? Is it going to be a full dialogue or a keyword system?
There will be an old school full dialogue system. Remember the one in Fallout 1&2? Then just add reaction timer from Walking Dead: The Game and you will know exactly what to expect.

Once again, much obliged for your support!

Back us on Kickstarter.
Like us on Facebook.
Add us on Steam Greenlight.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
MrNixon No need to start a new thread.

Also your funding goal is too high so you should probably just cancel. Seriously. :M

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
This is a fan love letter to a era and set of games that I love, is like a Codexian dream of "one day I'll be rich and make a TRUE FALLOUT 3!". Sadly, I think you're not as rich as required bro.

900k is A LOT of money that even Larian Studios had a time time reaching, and even with that money, can one really do a game larger that F1 and 2 in less than two years with that? I doubt it, Wasteland 2 is supposed to do what this game wants, and even with 3 million and a professional development team produced by Brian Fargo they can't promise something so ambitious...

uaciaut

Augur
That's a good example of a bad, cringe-worthy campaign video right there.
You generally want to have multiple people talking about different aspects of the game (and give most of the air-time to the one that hopefully has better english). Then again the "no employees yet" part seems to make sense now.
Also spam name-dropping to get attention really cheapens the whole thing. And (what i don't understand) is why people don't straight up say "i'm doing this campaign because i loved Fargo's big grin after he walked away with 3 million $ for his project so i decided that taking a shot at a similarly-themed project would be worth it". It's certainly better that putting a cringe-worthy hooker joke at the end so you have some appearance of humour in your presentation.
And that gameplay footage was 90% some guy doing nothing but walking in a fucking empty desert, it could have been cut down to 1/4th easily and still shown the relevant parts.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can see the good intentions here, but this project has UNREALISTIC written all over it. Pity, because there is a lot of potential in a post-apocalyptic setting mixed with alien invasion. Alien artifacts could be the numenera of the wasteland, etc.

It's nice to pursue a dream like that, though. Good luck, for what it's worth.

poetic codex

Augur
Since when did post apocalyptic become synonymous with American desert?

I'm sorry to add more negativity to the ambitious developers, but for fuck's sake this is the indie developer equivalent of a cash grab if there ever was one. Everything just screams opportunistic rip off. Sorry guys; I tend to go out of my way to support indie devs, but something about this rubs me the wrong way.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Confederates with a burnt cross on their flag?

lol

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I just saw this. I would sure love to play another game like Fallout 1&2, but the scope of the game and the KS goal are out of proportions. You have to be realistic about these things.

Nevertheless, the engine looks fantastic. Don't tell me you're using Unity MrNixon.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
dudes are selling screenshots?
We've got some extra exclusive screenshots of our main characters on the co-founders exclusive subforum, for those who pledged $35 or more. They include:
- Full HD screenshots of default male character;
- Full HD screenshots of default female character;
- Full HD screenshots of default female character [NUDE] :)
http://www.afterreset.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Awesome detail for a character that is only 1cm on the screen.

Mortmal

Arcane
yes, cause i got my own DIY-retail chain business as my primary occupation. I just spend my free time and free money on this game dev, but not on cars, jewellery etc.

Id like to know why they set up a 900k$ goal when he obviously can fund the game by himself, even well known developeprs have trouble gathering that... Now they are selling wallpapers of the main female character nude ? This seems they are desesperate for money.Nothing of this is coherent.

Drowed

Arcane
The game sounds awesome. Too awesome. So, it will never be released, or will never live up to the concept. Either way, this is a sad thing.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
It's kind of hard to faith in this when they initially thought they'd need $900000, but now they think they can do it by October with $35000 plus the $15000 already accrued. I don't see any details about what aspects of the original vision have been downsized.

edit: Realised that I misunderstood the release date. That's just for the "Prologue." I still fail to see how the full vision is going to be met on such a hugely reduced budget, however.

Last edited:
That's about as much as their last campaign made, I imagine they figure they can make it again and this time keep it.

Anyway, I like the confederate faction idea, burnt cross flag and the right to own slaves?
The south shall rise again! :necro:

mbpopolano24

Arbiter
900K / 18 = 50K.... Does it mean there will be 18 episodes??? Hard to believe in this project.

norolim

Arcane
This game is very yellow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom