Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

After AOD sells ten million copies...

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Are you going to channel your profits and experience into another game?

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Just sayin' guys, but a CRPG where you build a dynamic story (rather than seeing it from different angles) by playing successive walkthrough with different characters would be super awesome, on top of following AoD's legacy... :)

DeepOcean

Arcane
Sarcasm is the last thing indie RPG developers need.

How is that game of yours coming along?

You know the REAL RPG developers? Obsidian and Inxile? They're laughing at you and your attempts to make something even close to their level.
I don't know if you can say that while Obsidian is now making slam dunks for russian mafia and InExile didn't released a worthwhile game yet.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
You betcha. We've learned so much working on the game... For instance:

- challenging combat is not fun
- heroes kicks ass, they don't die 10 times per fight
- tactics are gay, real men click on enemies until they die
- skill checks suck because they limit my options
- too much text
- where are the motherfucking chests and barrels with loot, aka environmental interactivity?
- why do NPCs lie to me?
- tire textures are wrong

So, our next game, inspired by Bioshock Infinity, will take place in a floating city, up in the sky. We'll keep the Roman theme, of course, so it will be called Sky Rome. You will be able to explore the city and the clouds, which will be filled with chests, jars. Our goal is to create an infinite cloud space, so you will always see more containers with loot up ahead and will never want to stop. The game will have 3 difficulty modes: Easy (enemies die when you approach them), Normal (enemies die when you hit them) and Hardcore (enemies die on the third strike). While some people might be upset to see the Easy mode in the game, they would be able to play the game on Hardcore and experience the ultimate challenge and badassary.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

- too much text
- where are the motherfucking chests and barrels with loot, aka environmental interactivity?
- why do NPCs lie to me?

So, our next game, inspired by Bioshock Infinity, will take place in a floating city, up in the sky. We'll keep the Roman theme, of course, so it will be called Sky Rome. You will be able to explore the city and the clouds, which will be filled with chests, jars. Our goal is to create an infinite cloud space, so you will always see more containers with loot up ahead and will never want to stop. The game will have 3 difficulty modes: Easy (enemies die when you approach them), Normal (enemies die when you hit them) and Hardcore (enemies die on the third strike). While some people might be upset to see the Easy mode in the game, they would be able to play the game on Hardcore and experience the ultimate challenge and badassary.
D1P

Severian Silk

Will you actually be able to walk around the clouds? Or will you just teleport everywhere?

- too much text
- why do NPCs lie to me?

Sounds great. Will I get bonuses when I preorder? Please post the list of which retailer gives which preorder DLC so I can decide which to buy. Hell if it's good enough I might preorder from all of them.

tindrli

Arcane

- too much text
- why do NPCs lie to me?

but .. but.. will it had SUPER MEGA ULTRA TENTACLE DILDO FLAIL +4 vs TRANNIES??? possible to wield only by female coz if not
:rage:

tindrli

Arcane
Will you actually be able to walk around the clouds? Or will you just teleport everywhere?

i think they will implement super hard click and teleport to any of location via map system. at least that should be an option if you pledge 20 jewgold more god damit!!!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Humm, will be tought to compete with the über-amazing Xbox One, perhaps you should add motion-captured Cats into the game...

tindrli

Arcane
Humm, will be tought to compete with the über-amazing Xbox One, perhaps you should add motion-captured Cats into the game...

yeah .. that and some kind of autosave like every frame so you can actually "rewind" like in the movies, to appropriate spot once you figure out that you made a bad choice

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
yeah .. that and some kind of autosave like every frame so you can actually "rewind" like in the movies, to appropriate spot once you figure out that you made a bad choice
Note that you're not only impliying that the game will have choices, but that "bad" choices would be possible...

Ermm

Erudite
Will there be microtransactions? I like to support the poor, hungry developers with my stolen jewish gold.

I will pay the top dollar for Shepard's DLC costume.

tindrli

Arcane
who the fuck is Shepard???o_O

Note that you're not only impliying that the game will have choices, but that "bad" choices would be possible...

bad choices should be complete optional in case you find that rewind feature to difficult to handle

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Why? It just proves he is a tioolbag like the people whining about his game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom