Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics Aerena - Clash of Champions

Unwanted

Hornawkawk

Unwanted
header_292x136.jpg

ÆRENA is a tactical, hero-centric combat game with a unique Ætherpunk setting. Command formidable Champions, employ powerful Æther Shells and challenge your brain - not your fingers - in strategic, turn-based combat. ÆRENA offers true cross-platform gameplay.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/247830/

Just came out on Steam's Early Access. Has anyone played this? Gotta admit that the description piqued my curiosity, but from screenshots it looks generic and uninspired.

knightley

Educated
Lots of buzz words, graphics looks ok. Predicting a dumbed down tbs game. Glad to be proven wrong though.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I recognize the hair model on that chick from Torchlight 2.

Otherwise,

The game will have a League of Legends or DotA style fair-to-play business model on launch, but the founder's packages will get a you a great package for launch!

... ambiguous and/or retarded.

Dr Tomo

Learned
It looks like a mobile game that will incorporate mechanics in order to get a large casual audience and a good indicator is the targeted mobile platforms + the size of the battlefield.

loquee

Barely Literate
Hi, I´m one of the devs of AErena.
Just wanted to comment on a few questions here:

@dumbed down: The combination of the champions' skills and the AEther shells (think of it as spells) will reward the smarter player.
The game is most fun if you play against some smart bastard.

I agree that the description and our small marketing efforts are loaded with buzzwords. Guess we could do better here, but it is the first game we publish ourselves we still have much to learn ;)

Anticipating that it will come up or came up when (if) my post is unlocked by a mod, I´d like to mention that we will be going for the LoL payment model after release (which is quite some time away, many features missing atm)

ColCol

Arcane
Revising thread because it is on sale in a bundle: https://www.indiegala.com/

I was interested this because I wanted something with turn based battles focused on competitive play. The game play is not bad. Yet, the game does seem to be infected with "free to play" trash mechanics. I'll have to play more to see.

ColCol

Arcane
Yeah, definitively, free to play trash, no matter what I the devs say.

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
@dumbed down: The combination of the champions' skills and the AEther shells (think of it as spells) will reward the smarter player.
The game is most fun if you play against some smart bastard.
going for the LoL payment model after release (which is quite some time away, many features missing atm)
When the game is pvp multiplayer dumbed down means few simple mechanisms. Game can be used as abstraction for learning and planning for real DotaLs maybe?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom