Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Adeptus Titanicus: Dominus - 3D turn-based strategy based on Titan Legions tabletop game

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Is it...stuttering and lagging in a advertisment video?

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There is a youtube interview from one of the developers:

Main points:
Game have been under development for 18 months, but there were several prototypes done during the 18 months before.
They have been content with the sales so far.
The next big update should bring stress (aka morale) and close combat/firefight.

They also plan to add some kind of progression system (well, mostly loot to add weapon options for now) for campaign and skirmishes.

The plan is to stay for 6/12 more month in EA, but it could turn to whatever time it takes.
They don't have a publisher (they are a team of 2).

They took some liberty from the tabletop rules, like considering the target cover over the whole move (and not only at the destination) when firing.

They plan to add knights.

Last edited:

Destroid

Arcane
That's a good effort for a two man team no one has ever heard of with no publisher to get the GW licence.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
That's a good effort for a two man team no one has ever heard of with no publisher to get the GW licence.

A lot of the GW licenses went to studios like that.
But these want to make a faithful adaptation of the game, which GW seldom allowed in the past.
Granted, the game is out of production now, and should soon be superceded by the newest edition of Adeptus Titanicus (but without infantry and vehicles smaller than Knights :argh::argh::argh:).

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
This is out now.

Acquiring the game right now, will report later.

e: Much later...
upload_2021-3-26_16-57-59.png

Last edited:
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
WTF? I bought this game years ago - I guess it was in EA until now? In any case I didnt play it much back then, it was OK but not very complex (you could only control movement and select targets to fire at). Will reinstall and try it to see what changed.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Having only titans is a huge letdown for me. Titan Legion TT was much simpler than BattleTech. What made it great for me was the combined arms of armors, infantry and titans.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
I gave the game another spin, now that it is not available for purchase anywhere.
The game runs much smoother than it used to, with the quick movement option ticked.

I think the core issue of the game is that they adapted the wrong ruleset.
The rules are heavily inspired by Epic Armageddon, but it was a game centered around combined arms warfare, and quick maneuvering. In AT, you just take the heaviest possible titans (aka, as many warlords as you can), and blast the opposing force to smithereens before the objective clock starts ticking.

So movement is mostly useful to get as many of your titans in range so that they can focus fire on as few enemies as possible.

The issue was that epic armageddon was not very concerned about the details that makes titan fight cool. So no crew management, no energy management, no part targeting. You just move your titans and decide what they shoot at. You cannot even split your weapon fire between several targets.

The other issue is that there are only titans to face (except for one mission in the campaign), so you could as well not have any anti personal weapons. The optimal loadout is always:
Laser blaster for the smaller weapon mounts, and volcano cannons for the heavier.
This is all because the tabletop rules were designed to allow playing a large combined force relatively quickly, and to do away with the old attrition warfare of Space Marines/Titan Legions, but it makes using these rules solely for titan vs titan combat underwhelming.

The new (board game) Adeptus Titanicus rules are much more detailed, with rules governing the internal of the titan, as they don't feature infantry or vehicle, so they would have been a much better fit there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom