Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Additional content: What would you like to see?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Maybe is too soon to ask or something but I would really like to see some additional content for Underrail - something like W2's Director's Cut.

Think about this:
- Proper ending slides (quite a big deal ... or they should be),
- Additional quests for Oculus/Gorsky (imho these quest-lines are ending too sudden),
- Perhaps also some more meat on the Free Drones/Protectorate quest-line (on my 3rd playthrough and I still cannot decide why I should choose either one of these sides!? need some more information before joining ... also Protectorate line seems to be more fun),
- Use the opportunity to infuse some personality in the gangs (not join-able but some small quests would make them more believable),
- Reduce unnecessary backtracking (Foundry/DC are the big offenders, Core City could be slightly improved),
- Un-nerf pistols. Add more caves to explore. At least 2 epic fights. Add bears or new monsters :)

Styg You are free to use my suggestions or not. I just want to know if you plan any type of content update for Underrail? Like this year.

Thank you.

Also if someone else has better suggestions then he is free to post them.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
-An in-game fast-forward button. :) And note-making features! And map!
-More character reactivity - I'd love to converse with NPCs I met about more events in the game. You usually meet them once, deplete their (admitabbly interesting) dialogue tree, and then never have a reason to chat with them again.
-This little thing: I loved the combat in the game, but there were more than a few times in which I had to rely on reloading battles after I learned all the enemy positions, build, etc.
Wouldn't it be cool if you could "randomize" enemy encounters somewhat? I have no idea how to implement this, tho...
-More of everything! Northern Underrail! :positive:

Last edited:

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Styg You are free to use my suggestions or not. I just want to know if you plan any type of content update for Underrail? Like this year.

We're going to make more content for Underrail for sure, but I cannot say when it'll be released. As before, I'm sticking with "when it's done". :)

Once we get into it and have something to show, we'll be sure to keep you guys up to date with dev logs.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

We're going to make more content for Underrail for sure, but I cannot say when it'll be released. As before, I'm sticking with "when it's done". :)

Once we get into it and have something to show, we'll be sure to keep you guys up to date with dev logs.

Fair enough. Thank you dude.

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Cyberware and maybe some minor genetic modifications. Cyberware already is portrayed and relatively prevalent.
This was the first thing that came to my mind. Body implants feel like a natural extension for Underrail, to me.

Would also like to see the psionics skills (especially Thought Control) to appear in dialog options, though it would be a headache to implement in a way that it both feels "right" and also isn't overly powerful compared to every other special dialog option. Maybe the key would be to only have them work at very high skill levels.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
- More Gorsky quests. Perhaps the ability to take on other gangs or expand his crew further.
- Cyberware implants maybe. I don't know if they should be that advanced. Ezra's never looked advanced from descriptions. Maybe they should be invasive and sacrifice something in exchange for power.
- I'd also like to see the more of the futility of small societies attempting to live on their own. I remember when I first saw some small area that Rathounds had overrun. Everyone in the building had been killed, partially eaten in someway. It conveyed a powerful feeling right there. The tunnels are dangerous, even to people who think they're prepared for it.

hilfazer

Scholar
We have Rathound King quest so there should be an Azuridae Queen quest as well!
We have burrower warriors so there should be azuridae warriors as well. They would use force emission, drop higher quality carapace and serve as royal guards for the Queen (they'd appear in other places too).

Indeed, an Underrail: Tactics, a spin off more tightly focused on gang warfare.

As for additional content, I would appreciate more varied outcomes to quests without absolute fail states.

Last edited:

Old One

Arcane
My "Quests Lines That Need More Content" list looks something like this:

1) Protectorate-Drones
2) Gorsky
3) Vivian Young/JKK
4) Praetorians
5) Former Omega Guard Stations

I'd like to be able to recruit new people for SGS, too. I keep meeting NPCs who could be good candidates for Tanner's testing, like Daphne outside the Institute.

Newton should be sent out to the crossroads guard post after he gets out of the infirmary, assuming you rescue him from the beetles.

LizardWizard

Cipher
Fallout-like companions
I actually enjoyed the lack of companions more than I expected to. I'd rather see Styg try his hand at doing followers in a completely new game than have any in Underrail.
Sorry dude :(

Underrail tactics would be cool too.

But at the end of the day you wouldn't be forced to take them, while many would enjoy using and getting burst to death by them :)

My "Quests Lines That Need More Content" list looks something like this:

1) Protectorate-Drones
2) Gorsky
3) Vivian Young/JKK
4) Praetorians
5) Former Omega Guard Stations

I'd like to be able to recruit new people for SGS, too. I keep meeting NPCs who could be good candidates for Tanner's testing, like Daphne outside the Institute.

Newton should be sent out to the crossroads guard post after he gets out of the infirmary, assuming you rescue him from the beetles.

Newton is a no good waster. He's best used as cannon fodder or janitorial. Whatever tests Tanner had that he passed...

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fast travel or at least running like in Fallout.

World map

torpid

Liturgist
I agree about fleshing out some of the quest lines, like Gorsky and the Protectorate/Drones--also fix the crazy back-and-forth you have to do between Rail Crossing and South Rail Outpost simply for the game to register that you're picking one faction over the other.

Other than that, I'd mostly like more difficult combat, specifically more ways for enemies to deal with your eventual overpowered badassery. It's nice to be a badass, but enemies should be able to put up a better fight. Depot A being the climactic challenge difficulty-wise tells me things are a bit off. Give enemies ways to deal with Quick Tinkering, give human/sentient enemies the ability to awaken their stunned or incapacitated allies, give them better protection against psi without it just being more resistance (something like an anti-psi field? Anti-psi drug for x turns?)... This is just off the top of my head, of course. But I'd like Styg & the bros to look at how combat plays out for a fully realized character build, and try to counter it more.

Shotguns. Single, sawed-off, double-barrelled, I don't care, but: shotguns. And a bunch of perks to go with them, naturally.

Minor: maybe an extra critter for the pre-DC caves. More flavor for quest/quest line competion (immersion!).

Derpmode: add a bunch of river cave maps accessible only via boat, have someone at one of the docks sell a money-sink boat for 50,000 pesos and let the player sail the boat along the river!1! Upgrade your boat with a machine gun for 10,000 extra pesos and engage in pirate fights vs other boats, and sell the expanded game as Underrail: Black Flag.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
A small improvement I would love to see for the current game-
You know how folks wearing metal armor make different "hit sounds" than folks wearing leather armors, right? A "TINK!" instead of a "thwup".

I think it would be cool if different weapons would do the same. I mean, like, think of combat gloves. You take a simple rathound leather glove, and it makes the same noise as a spikey, pneumatic puncher made from TriCrom!
I think it would be great if the more damage you did on something (in relation to their total health), you'd get a different soundbite. For example, if you take out a measly 5% damage, you'd hear a "thmp", and if it's 50%, you'd get a sickly "SKRUNCH".

I know, it's a very.. fluff\polish thing, but still..
I think it can give the player more feedback as to how strong he's gotten, and it's probably cheaper than making entirely new animations relating to that.

Last edited:

Gregz

Arcane
It's too easy to break quest lines, get locked into situations and locations (Institute of Tchort) that are game breaking etc. These need to be fixed. That should be Styg 's first priority.

I also think encumbrance should be removed entirely since it's such a craft-heavy game, and shops only buy a few items from you.

We have Rathound King quest so there should be an Azuridae Queen quest as well!

This is a cool idea.

Old One

Arcane
Would the Azuridae Queen be a chick who dresses up like a psi beetle? What happens if you get her together in the same room with the Rathound King? Do we also need a Cave Hopper Prince?

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Would the Azuridae Queen be a chick who dresses up like a psi beetle? What happens if you get her together in the same room with the Rathound King? Do we also need a Cave Hopper Prince?
That would be the logical continuation. Followed by the Pig Princess, the Crawler Countess, the Siphoner Tzar, the Burrower Baron and the Mutant Dog Doge.
They are also all romanceable if given gifts of lake poppies (for the feral lady!) and meat (for the beast of a man!).

kidding aside, I don't mind if Styg implements an Azuridae Queen. Stupid, silly ideas like that are too far between in modern serious grimdark role-playing games.
I also do want to romance the Rathound King :(

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I also think encumbrance should be removed entirely since it's such a craft-heavy game, and shops only buy a few items from you.
Jesus Christ just drop that garbage men.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom