Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Activision to excavate Sierra's mummified corpse for new rounds of rape

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
First Vivendi now Activision. Incoming Space Quest 7 the FPS! Comments section of that video is priceless. Bunch of tweenagers who think Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon were Sierra games.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'd play a space quest FPS if they manage to keep the silly humor and space opera parody of the adventure games :)

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
But why I wonder... Maybe for adventure games after success of Telltale "games" or RTS? (LoL)

Or maybe they needed a company for mobile games...
Or it'll be something like EA reviving Origin...
Posibilities are limitless...

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Also they can borrow some people from Blizzard, leftovers from Titan project.
Hello there, MMO action adventure rpg rts hybrid F2P Arcanum :)

Edit: Yeah that's really a nightmare.:argh:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Activision is going to buy Double Fine and make Tim release F2P hidden object games for iOS under Sierra's banner. The ultimate punishment for Broken Age.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
ITZ coming:

sierra_107.png

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think I have been spending too much time on the Codex, the thread title does not surprise me or stir any emotions. It only makes me ponder the thought how much better the world would be if ordinary newspapers would start naming their articles the same way.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
i understand the idea of using nostalgia to lure those who once were kids and now have a disposable income to spend money, but does it still work if it's this blatant?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Does the Sierra brand actually have any value anymore?
Perhaps. Although Sierra stopped being Sierra in the mid/late 90's (only acting as a publisher to a bunch of shitty shovel/valueware) my guess is they'll use it to appeal to people who remember the 'Online' days fondly. Although what we'll get probably won't resemble true adventure games.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sierra? i guess they need an Origin competitor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom