Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Wild Hunt appears! - RK47 does Witcher 3 Twice

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Potions are fucking useless, I tried one and it lasted maybe twenty seconds. And looking over alchemy skill tree you get shit like +5% duration.

Same for oils. +10% damage, yippee kay yay.

Bombs could be occasionally useful against groups of enemies I guess.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Combat would be more bearable if there were no level requirements and you could immediately use that level 37 silver sword you can already craft at level 4.

Maybe you'd oneshot enemies but that's better than rolling like a moran especially since you've already killed a fucking dragon at the end of TW2 and are supposed to be legendary hero.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Geralt: You know who to call.
Random NPC: When the wild hunt ghost comes?
black%20and%20white%20usa%20film%20ghostbusters%20bill%20murray%20hollywood_wallpaperswa.com_90.jpg

RK47

Patron
We've got past the prologue finally.
Overall the whole experience can be summed up as: one step forward, one and a half step back.
Combat is more forgiving in TW3. But the attack animations will still rape the unready. It discourages you to attack, and honestly, I rather take the easy-safe-guaranteed Igni cast than spinning like a retard.

Facial animations are getting better. Geralt's emotive face and other characters deserve credit.
The HairFX is still overrated garbage.
I still don't understand why some scenes drops the game performance by 15 fps, it's very noticeable.

Crafting is kinda crap. I like how bombs are powerful but have limited carry cap. I recall the opposite days of TW2 where I was carrying 50 weak bombs in Act 1 which I never really used. Looking forward to trying out the Crossbows. I've no desire to experiment with armor and weapon crafting though. I thought killing and skinning animals shd've been enough hassle, but CDPR went further and told you to spend coins to salvage the REAL material off the skinned fur. Honestly, fuck those busywork. We're here to have fun hunting monster, not melting down 20 rusty swords to turn into iron ore and then smelting it again into iron ingot before making a Steel Sword with Leather Scrap and Coal.
Also, fuck repair bills.

The revamp to potions made them action RPG-ish. It's a true departure to the lore: you now drink swallow when you're wounded in combat to gain a 20 sec quick regeneration and I probably will use Tawny Owl for the Igni spam at some point in the game.
Skill point system that increases attacks by 5% damage is pretty disappointing and made you wish you can skip this bullshit and go to the interesting talents.

Writing is okay. It's not stellar but I still find the setting the best part of the game. You want to go on with the story despite the aggravating UI and 'somewhat loose' controls.
A lot of this means that CDPR will probably do more enhanced edition more in the future and perhaps a mod or two will fix the glaring errors they've made in this game, like Level Equip Requirement and the incessant Herb Looting bullshit.

Stompa

Arcane
Defeating a noonwraith after a multi-step quest: 20 XP
Giving some girl a potion you can brew anytime easily: 350 XP

:retarded:

RK47

Patron
Yennefer's introduction in the game was well done.

I agree with that, but it's never explained how she recovered from her amnesia.
IIRC in TW2, Letho said something about her being alive and was captured by the Nilfgardians. So...yeah, what happened?
The fact that none of the previous game decisions has changed anything in game yet is pretty disappointing too.
But okay, I'm warming up to the whole... 'stick to suggested level' quests thing.
It's not great, but I can tolerate it.
But the crafting though...it's just shite.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
It will prolly be explained as story progresses. Curious whether the crystal skull you pick up will matter.

With the leveled quests, monsters and items there's not really any incentive to explore. Shit xp and item degradation kills it off completely.

Gothic it ain't

RK47

Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom