Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Wild Hunt appears! - RK47 does Witcher 3 Twice

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

RK47

Patron
Hmmm... Was but one choice away from the bad ending. :bounce:

Yeah was surprised myself.
I didn't mind the bad ending though if it happened... Felt...poetic? If i had just taken that money right then...Oh well.

RK47

Patron

Pulled outta nowhere. Not the writing's best moment. And the sudden WHOOOOOSH few months later.... HAHAHAHAH no.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
RK's is about to become Empress, from what I remember of his choices.

I have to say, this was one fun ride. For about two weeks the first thing I did after coming back from work was to check the updates to the story. The game looks fantastic, even though it has a few rough spots here and there (combat, mostly). But awesome music and good commentary make up for those flaws.

This thread convinced me to try out the franchise and I am currently in the middle of my Witcher 1 playthrough. Good job, bro. :salute:

RK47

Patron

So she self-ejected from Codex. Came back to the Codex within a few months. Then left again saying she got a new job that can't involve posting in codex. Hmm.... Okay.

I can deal with this.
It's nice. When you look at it from Geralt POV, the loss is temporary.
She's a grown up, she can do whatever she wants.
And it's nice he doesn't have to baby sit her again in the future.

People who claim the happiest ending is where she becomes a witcher seems to ignore the possibility of Nilfgaardian spies finding out she's still alive. And it was shown that Geralt lied to the Emperor when questioned of Ciri's fate after the battle - if that lie is discovered things might get complicated again in the future. Totally a wishful 'happily ever after' IMO.

With the Empress ending, I can see the practicality of it. And it's a load of burden off Geralt's back. Being a witcher is not easy, and I don't think it really fits a woman of Ciri's talent and ability. Everyone has their place within the world. The End.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
People who claim the happiest ending is where she becomes a witcher seems to ignore the possibility of Nilfgaardian spies finding out she's still alive. And it was shown that Geralt lied to the Emperor when questioned of Ciri's fate after the battle - if that lie is discovered things might get complicated again in the future. Totally a wishful 'happily ever after' IMO.
The Nilfgardian victory is not the only ending if either Radovid or Dijkstra are left alive. With the Emperor overthrown by a conspiracy, who and why would ever search for his daughter?

Nevill

Arcane
Then it would be best to let the sleeping dragons lie. Send enough assassins after her, and she might just reconsider being a simple witcher.

If the Wild Hunt failed to capture her, what are the chances of others? Especially after Nilfgaard suffers a military defeat and is thrown out of the Northlands.

Gondolin

Arcane
Then it would be best to let the sleeping dragons lie. Send enough assassins after her, and she might just reconsider being a simple witcher.

Or she might be busy fending off assassins for a long time, if you have enough resources at your disposal. Even better, one of the assassins might get lucky.

Nevill

Arcane
Yes, that's exactly how the wraith king was eradicared, isn't it? In the end it was easier to destroy him than to fend off the Wild Hunt all the time. Considering that the Hunt was a threat no assassin could match, yet it got decimated anyway, and considering Ciri never showed interest in reclaiming the throne, why would anyone risk it?

In fact, an Empress probably faces more threats than a witcher simply by virtue of being in the center of everyone's attention.

Besides, the one of the points of the game was that no matter her decisions, Ciri can take care of herself.

Gondolin

Arcane
Yes, that's exactly how the wraith king was eradicared, isn't it? In the end it was easier to destroy him than to fend off the Wild Hunt all the time.

Not exactly the same thing. The king was one man and known to Ciri. A shadowy cabal in Nilfgaard is different. You might uncover one or two of its members and kill them, but that wouldn't help much. Anyway, this is all academic.

RK47

Patron
I just don't see the point in consigning her to a life of a wandering witcher living off contract to contract.
Gentlemen, being a witcher looks fun here cause it's a video game, but that's no life for someone as talented as Ciri.

Mind you, I did not choose this. It was up to her to choose how she lived her life, but had she taken the Witcher path, I would disapprove. What a waste. For what? Some childhood dream of wandering the world with her foster father, experiencing adventures and other dangers? Be pragmatic a bit. She'll never grow up that way.

I don't see the sorrow in this parting. Yes, she might not see Geralt for an extended period of time, but a simple Megascope between Yen and Triss in Kovir would solve any communication issues.

Nevill

Arcane
For what? Some childhood dream of wandering the world with her foster father, experiencing adventures and other dangers?
Why does Geralt keep doing contracts when he has ties with the most powerful and influental people in the world and could easily become a general or a right-hand man for one ruler or another? Adventuring is fun. Not having to owe anyone a thing is liberating.

Be pragmatic a bit. She'll never grow up that way.
Yet that's how she has already grown up and lived her life until the Emhyr made her an offer.

She would not have felt 'guilty' (isn't that why she didn't tell Geralt anything until the last moment?) about leaving her old life behind if it didn't suit her.

I don't see the sorrow in this parting.
There is none. She had a choice, and thought this was a better one. Being a compassionate young lady, she saw it as a chance to change people's lives for the better, and she is probably right.

But she had to sacrifice a measure of personal freedom for it, and I can see people being unhappy about that.

RK47

Patron
He needs to pay the bills lah. If you didn't get along with either Yen/Triss, the game epilogue would paint Geralt having the same daily grind of living on a contract pay basis.
Even Ciri admits that she was broke when she arrived in Novigrad and had to take loans from the circus trope.
It wasn't easy. The fun was when you're with friends, hanging out over a drink. It ends when you gotta worry about money.

You know the reason why she came back to the Continent right? 'I miss you and Yennefer' Thanks, kid. But no thanks. As far as I could tell, no one was looking until you started Wild Hunt sightings all over the land.

She teleported herself and Avallach back, triggered the Wild Hunt radar and it started this whole chain of escapes and deaths.
Yeah, I have no doubt she grew up when she chose to stop the White Frost, but that writing was pathetic. Not a single build up. Just : SORRY GERALT I DECIDED GLOBAL COOLING WAS THE ENEMY ALL ALONG! LET ME GO BE A HERO!

Yo, since when are we worrying about that? It never came up ever till the last 30 minutes of the game unfolded.
That few months sequence was not executed well at all. But okay, it's a better ending than most RPG I've played. Well done CDPR.

Nevill

Arcane
He needs to pay the bills lah.
True, but being in Emhyr's employ would probably pay them better than trying to take jobs from peasants. He just doesn't like that lifestyle (I still laugh at his 'introduction' to the Emhyr). Ciri is not fond of it either, if I remember her meeting with her father and his court lackeys correctly.

As far as I could tell, no one was looking until you started Wild Hunt sightings all over the land.
They were looking, they just didn't know where and how to find her. And eventually they would have, if only when she decides to face off the White Frost or partake in some other plan by her elven friend.

Yeah, that was a bit of a LOL, WTF moment. :lol:

By the way, how did she manage to give the Hunt a slip the first time and get to the other worlds unnoticed? Was that ever explained?

RK47

Patron
I dunno, read the books and find out. :perkel:

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Chuckled at GOG beats DRM quest. If they gave game codes for beating quest it would be something like Jack Keane or worse.

I hoped they would explain how Ciri beat global cooling in the last part. Teleporting to arctic world living with local Eskimo population for a "few months" is not a good explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom