Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hellion

Arcane
This game's artistic direction kinda reminds me of Cthulhu Nation, a browser-based RPG-ish game I used to play ages ago.

Strange Matter

Literate
I am not sure what we're talking about anymore but for what it's worth, we have no link whatsoever with Joker :whiteknight:

DramaticPopcorn

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A promising project!
1 post since 2013, last seen 1 hr after the post ITT.
Can you guys be any less transparent? :C
What do you think?
That the dude registered here years ago in preparation for this one post? Kinda unlikely, isn't it? :lol:
Rather, developer or developer's friend registering for awhile and then coming to shill the game once they started developing it. :M
That could be, but it would be a rather underwhelming shill, so that should not be a problem.

Last edited:

Strange Matter

Literate
Since more and more people are growing suspicious regarding Kickstarter video game projects we decided to release a playable version of the game, to prove that this is real.

>>> PLAY THE DEMO FOR WINDOWS AND ANDROID <<<

It was important for us to release this demo before the end of the campaign in order to help us draw attention. The downside of this is that we had only a couple of days to polish a handful of features and to stabilize a build. As a result, this demo represents but a portion of our scope. We still hope you’ll enjoy the vibe. If you do, please consider backing the project and sharing it to your friends!

Strange Matter

Literate
Plan B is a group suicide.
We'll pick a nice church somewhere in the classy french countryside and set ourselves on fire. Maybe we'll get attention then :|

No, seriously... If KS fails we might have to drop the project - plain and simple. We are looking at roughly another year of dev and knowing that the KS community (made of indie-RP-and-Board-gamers) doesn't respond that well is quite troublesome.
We are also contemplating a simplified design to reduce the scope significantly, but not everybody is on board with that... The idea would be to transform this Lovecraftian XCOM into some sort of Lovecraft GO but with more interactions (less puzzle, more adventure). Now that this idea is out there, let me know what you think!

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Plan B is a group suicide.
We'll pick a nice church somewhere in the classy french countryside and set ourselves on fire. Maybe we'll get attention then :|

No, seriously... If KS fails we might have to drop the project - plain and simple. We are looking at roughly another year of dev and knowing that the KS community (made of indie-RP-and-Board-gamers) doesn't respond that well is quite troublesome.
We are also contemplating a simplified design to reduce the scope significantly, but not everybody is on board with that... The idea would be to transform this Lovecraftian XCOM into some sort of Lovecraft GO but with more interactions (less puzzle, more adventure). Now that this idea is out there, let me know what you think!
Group suicide should not be permitted unless you have all lost your sanity and try to awaken an elder one in the process.
I pledged to avoid you setting one of our church on fire!

Strange Matter

Literate
That's the idea... try to awaken the Great F'ph'und Awa G'em so he can put his magic to work!!
Thanks for pledging my good sir. This battle is not over :salute:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
the demo is lacking a campaign, character and party creation, itemization, magic and story. it would be fun if escaping required people sacrificing themselves for the rest.
please get some inspiration from occult chronicles before releasing anything.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
I doubt they will release much more actually:
:negative:
The Elders Gods won't rise after all
14 Comments

Dear friends and followers,

Following the failure of our campaign we finally decided to stop the development of Rise of the Elders: Cthulhu.

We would like to apologize for being quiet for so long but we needed some time to take a step back and contemplate all our options. Sadly, we couldn’t find a satisfying solution. Completing this project without the necessary funding would have seriously compromised the scope and quality, which is something we were not willing to do.

Although we no longer work on this game, we will try to find some time to stabilize one last version (with worldmap travelling) for archiving purposes. Just like we did for our previous demo, we’ll make this version available for free on our dropbox.

Also, you should know that we learned a lot of things during the past 12 months, but what makes us most proud is the small community we managed to create around our game... Every follower, every comment, every like meant a great deal to us and would have kept us going for years if it wasn’t for our financial constraints.

Thank you SO MUCH for believing in us and supporting us throughout this campaign.

Strangely Yours,

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I doubt they will release much more actually:
:negative:
The Elders Gods won't rise after all
14 Comments

"" data-evaluation="false" style="border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">
"" data-evaluation="true" style="border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">
26 likes

Dear friends and followers,

Following the failure of our campaign we finally decided to stop the development of Rise of the Elders: Cthulhu.

We would like to apologize for being quiet for so long but we needed some time to take a step back and contemplate all our options. Sadly, we couldn’t find a satisfying solution. Completing this project without the necessary funding would have seriously compromised the scope and quality, which is something we were not willing to do.

Although we no longer work on this game, we will try to find some time to stabilize one last version (with worldmap travelling) for archiving purposes. Just like we did for our previous demo, we’ll make this version available for free on our dropbox.

Also, you should know that we learned a lot of things during the past 12 months, but what makes us most proud is the small community we managed to create around our game... Every follower, every comment, every like meant a great deal to us and would have kept us going for years if it wasn’t for our financial constraints.

Thank you SO MUCH for believing in us and supporting us throughout this campaign.

Strangely Yours,
bitter

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom