Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Long Road Home - AVAILABLE ON STEAM - ME NEED FOOD - GO BUY IT!

Would you give J_C's adventure game a go?

• LOL, yeah, like he will ever finish it!

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • Don't care and won't try it! Fuck you J_C!

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Even his game deserves a chance, I will try it if it's released.

Votes: 30 38.5%

• Total voters

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Heya!

I've encountered a bug.

I instinctively hit the F12 button to take a screenshot of
Book about Aerith
and the game crashed.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Heya!

I've encountered a bug.

Book about Aerith
and the game crashed.
Never tried F12, but yes, it seems it is causing a crash. But Steam overlay, and Steam Screenshots doesn't work for RPG Maker engine anyway. :) Will try to fix it.

Also

Steamspy says:
Owners: 654 ± 1,281

:lol:
I can say this is 100% accurate. It is somewhere between -600 and 1900. :D

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Heya!

I've encountered a bug.

Book about Aerith
and the game crashed.
Never tried F12, but yes, it seems it is causing a crash. But Steam overlay, and Steam Screenshots doesn't work for RPG Maker engine anyway. :) Will try to fix it.

Also

Steamspy says:

Yeah I got that, that's why I wrote that I did it instinctively:lol:

The game feels cozy.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Heya!

I've encountered a bug.

Book about Aerith
and the game crashed.

Also

Steamspy says:

Yeah I got that, that's why I wrote that I did it instinctively:lol:

The game feels cozy.
Found a solution for the f12 crash, it will be in the next update (hopefully tomorrow).

Thanks. :)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
The video in the OP is dead.
Thanks. I forgot to update the link when I changed the yotube video.
J_C

Where do I get "Club" and "Wolf Cave' cheevos?
Club - When you first travel to a different time at the temple. Among the books on the right, there is the Club book.
Wolf Cave - When you travel to the snowy village, eventually you will get to the place with a lots of footprints in the snow. Somewhere in the upper-middle part of the map, there is a cave. Enter it 2 times.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
J_C

Congrats for finishing the game and getting every achievement. Would you mind dropping a review on the Steam page? (an honest one obviously) :)
Thank you! I planned to do this and also the game lacks any Russian reviews.
LOL, I didn't know why your review haven't showed up. Turned out I had to switch to "All languages". Now where is that google translator...

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
J_C

Congrats for finishing the game and getting every achievement. Would you mind dropping a review on the Steam page? (an honest one obviously) :)
LOL, I didn't know why your review haven't showed up. Turned out I had to switch to "All languages". Now where is that google translator...
Yeah, the language is filtered by Steam.

One thing I wanted to say aside from the review.

The inventory becomes bloated by different stuff by some point in the first chapter and it becomes hard to figure out what you have to use right now.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
J_C

Yeah, the language is filtered by Steam.

One thing I wanted to say aside from the review.

The inventory becomes bloated by different stuff by some point in the first chapter and it becomes hard to figure out what you have to use right now.
Yes, unfortunately there are too many items you can pick up in the first chapter, some are not even necessary. Will see if I can improve this in an update.

One question: how easy/hard did you find the game? Did you have to look up a walkthrough?

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
One question: how easy/hard did you find the game? Did you have to look up a walkthrough?
I did, but it's my personal issue. When I play adventure games I start without a walkthrough, but if I get stuck somewhere I open it and after that I use it all the way.

I can say that the puzzles make sense. On the other hand the RPG Maker style makes the adventure gameplay uncomfortable sometimes (for example you have to stand below the object to use an item on it).

And I must say I'm a newbie in the genre. You'd better ask someone who resides in the Adventure sub-forum.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
I did, but it's my personal issue. When I play adventure games I start without a walkthrough, but if I get stuck somewhere I open it and after that I use it all the way.

I can say that the puzzles make sense. On the other hand the RPG Maker style makes the adventure gameplay uncomfortable sometimes (for example you have to stand below the object to use an item on it).
Yes, i can safely say that I started to hate this engine with its limitations. But this is not an adventure game engine, so I can be happy that I could do as much. :D But as a learning experience, it was OK.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
First update is live with the following fixes:

- using a gamepad, the game might have crashed when the player talked to Jared,
- Use Item window size increased to make it more convenient to use,
- snowing effect inside the wolf cave disabled,
- disabled Use Item window in backpack,
- using the different types of maps acquired in Chapter 1 is more convenient,
- several dialogue fixes,
- fixed some object interaction issues,
- fixed a crash which was caused by pressing the F12 key.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
A few days ago I said that I'm planning a DLC for the game before I move on to the next project. But I'm giving more thought to this idea, and I'm not sure it would worth the effort. It's not like I'm selling thousands from the game, and the DLC wouldn't bring in a huge ammount of extra money. On the flip side, I'm sure I would enjoy working with a new engine on a new project more than spending 3 months on this game again.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
A few days ago I said that I'm planning a DLC for the game before I move on to the next project. But I'm giving more thought to this idea, and I'm not sure it would worth the effort. It's not like I'm selling thousands from the game, and the DLC wouldn't bring in a huge ammount of extra money. On the flip side, I'm sure I would enjoy working with a new engine on a new project more than spending 3 months on this game again.
It's time to move on!

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Nice little game - I quite like the music. Impressed if you made that yourself or was it one of those resources that comes with the RPG Maker?

Quite like also the text scale pretty well - many larger developers can't seem to get that right.

Interface works well so far and story looks promising.

Not found any retarded problem situations that make me mad sometimes on other point and clicks - thumbs up!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom