Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community A Codexian Fund-raiser

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So was this really a site performance maintenance or were you just testing the new popamole animated status message?

That damn message changed every 10 minutes or so.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This must be your residential address.
(We can’t accept PO boxes.)

Well, that's odd. Anyone know why Paypal won't take a PO Box for a credit card address? That's where my card bill goes so... derp.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I will donate for the server and for the future projects slush fund, but not if any money go to Cleve's shit game.

EDIT: Also, saw this in DU's article:
What will actually happen - when my awesome payment / donation system is brought online before the end of this year - is that you will get "Codex Cool Credits" in return for your donations. You will be able to spend these credits in our special store and buy ad-free, gallery space and other perks (like maybe let you do special things in my web games if I ever actually get around to those) based on the prices shown above. You could even hoard them and perhaps wait for even more awesome goodies to come later. Like maybe the option to ban people for limited periods of time or something - I'm thinking about it and why not steal ideas from Something Awful?

DLC/microtransactions and Something Awful faggotry? Fuck off! That, on top of supporting Cleve's shit!? Fuck no!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It's like this is a test to find out who actually bothers to read.

I will donate for the server and for the future projects slush fund, but not if any money go to Cleve's shit game.

DLC/microtransactions and Something Awful faggotry? Fuck off! That, on top of supporting Cleve's shit!? Fuck no!
Refer #6.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
It's like this is a test to find out who actually bothers to read.

Refer #6.

so our donations should indicate 'in no way is this money to be used to contribute to the decline of the codex' ?

HAEIOUEHIUEAHEIHEIUHAEIEAUHEIAUHEAIUEAHEIAUHEIAUHEIOUAEHOIUHEAIUHEAIHEAIUEHOEUAIHE

Well, no because on the 'Dex everything everywhere, now matter what you do is :decline: and your comment would give DU free reign to spend the cash on hookers and booze. After all, that way, technically he wouldn't be declining the Codex.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
So clearly a document must be released clearly showing allocation of each and every dollar donated, eh Mrowak?
:troll:

You know, I think you might be onto someting. Has he not advocated exactly that time and time again? :troll:

Edit: To be fair though his full "vision statement" is clearly better than Obsidian's.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
5. Donors will get a special tag, ad-free status and other goodies (to be determined).
Suggestion: one of the other goodies could be the ability to Brofist in all forums for those who can't already. This could probably get some more newfags (such as myself) to donate.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
More than 30 mins to edit or delete messages would help too. I ended up flooding a thread and then the site went down so I couldn't fix it myself.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes, that clearly devalues the brofist investment and would render some of us destitute - the only solution is to set a initial exchange rate of $1 = 1 brofist, allow free exchange among posters going both ways and let the Invisible Hand take care of the rest.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, that clearly devalues the brofist investment and would render some of us destitute - the only solution is to set a initial exchange rate of $1 = 1 brofist, allow free exchange among posters going both ways and let the Invisible Hand take care of the rest.

I approve this post. :smug:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Humm... we could set up a brofist stock market... people would give money to finnance brofist generating posts for a share of the fists. I could make a fortune on a new AoD video... :roll:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Right up to the moment when the bubble bursts and our lavish, brofist harvesting fueled lifestyles come crashing down on our heads, burying us in the depths of retardo land.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
2 months later:

6IjGF.png

:thumbsup:

edit: I'll probably drop in $10-$20 for the auction. Cleve's resignation and the fabled penisaurus would be great gets, but the CES Demo and design documents especially should also be taken under a lot of consideration.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What I really want to know is how much of the source code is printed out. Is it 1, 10, 100, 1000 pages?

Lumpy

Arcane
Donated a couple of dollars. Not much because I don't like the idea of Cleve getting this money.

You can specify where the money goes. Did you see the picture above?
Yes, but this doesn't solve the issue. If, say, I donated* $100 earmarked for the server, but other people donated $2500 non-earmarked, then the result is that Cleve gets $100 dollars, which he wouldn't have got had I not donated. I.e. I end up giving money to Cleve.

*This is purely hypothetical.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
No matter how you put it, DU fucked this up by conflating the server donation drive (which I want to support) with donating for Cleve's game (which I think is shit) and Sir-Tech swag (which I don't care for because the only Sir-Tech game I like is JA2).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

hahaha :lol:

It's very rare a forum-post actually makes me laugh out loud. Salute to you, good sir.

Erzherzog

Magister
Great, in my eager haste to spend hundreds of my hard earned monies on a silly little website I neglected to include my username.

Is there a way to cancel the payment and do a new one?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom