Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community A Codexian Fund-raiser

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Cleveland Mark Blakemore; Codex Server Slush Fund; Grimoire; RPG Codex; Sir-Tech; Wizardry 8

The time comes in a website's life when it needs to grow up and move to new premises. Premises that cost money. Today, that time has come for the Codex. However, there's other stuff happening too and so, due to the length of this proposal, the rest is over here.

Here's the short version so we don't have a huge sticky here for the next month:

1. We're trying to raise $2,500 for our Server Slush Fund.

2. We'll also be bidding on some of the items in the Sir-Tech Auction (prices and items to be determined. Trust us).

3. If we get enough spare cash (another $2,500), we'll throw some at Cleve's Indie-Go-Go Project.

4. If we get a LOT of spare cash, it will be held for Future Codexian Purposes, like server space for my own web games and hookers. But mostly hookers for the Codex' benefit.

5. Donors will get a special tag, ad-free status and other goodies (to be determined). MAKE SURE YOU ENTER YOUR USER NAME IN THE LITTLE NOTE BOX PEOPLE

6. If you only wish to donate to a specific cause, say so in your donation note. This will all be handled manually anyway for now, so why not make it harder on me?​

DONATE HERE

And enter your username / details here:

The future of the Codex rests in your hands. Now is the chance to take those hands and help the Codex. Our future rests on them!

Read the full article: A Codexian Fund-raiser

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Donated a couple of dollars. Not much because I don't like the idea of Cleve getting this money.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I delegate my job to Phelot. :smug:

(like maybe let you do special things in my web games if I ever actually get around to those)

Codex F2P micropayments :eek:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, I'll be donating especially to get the Sir-Tech stuff. I don't mind being the bidder/ scanner/ holder of the Codex Museum Archives/ whatever and really look forward to looking through those docs! :obviously:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, I'll be donating especially to get the Sir-Tech stuff. I don't mind being the bidder/ scanner/ holder of the Codex Museum Archives/ whatever and really look forward to looking through those docs!

Good idea - we can be sure you won't get fingerprints on them. :troll:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, I'll be donating especially to get the Sir-Tech stuff. I don't mind being the bidder/ scanner/ holder of the Codex Museum Archives/ whatever and really look forward to looking through those docs!

Good idea - we can be sure you won't get fingerprints on them. :troll:
Without fingers you'll just have to guess what else I use. :troll:

maverick

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Geez. Gotta stop browsing the codex! As of late, it has got a strange behavior of siphoning my money away :?

Repressed Homosexual
If only there was a non PayPal way to donate I would right away. I refuse to use it ever since they held up thousands of dollars of pay for weeks, from freelance work I did a long while ago.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hopefully some of this money goes to fix that cloud flare shit.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
If we get a good enough server, you should never see the "CF shit" again.

Most likely.

Possibly.

Ok, maybe.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is cloudflare some kind of mafia scheme? This sure doesn't seem like "protection" and "supercharging" to me. :mad:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
i will not be bullied into giving away my money.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So was this really a site performance maintenance or were you just testing the new popamole animated status message?

Pike

Novice
I would be willing to donate a modest amount for this fundraiser if you let me use something besides paypal. Had to get my credit card to do a chargeback on them so I can't use it anymore. Skrill/moneybookers?

SlavemasterT

Arcane
I'm sure DU will be happy to accept your fat checks. PM him.
Well, I may have to since paypal didn't accept my primary credit card (for reasons unknown), my secondary cc was somehow out of date without me having gotten my replacement automatically, and my tertiary one is shit and I don't want to even try to use it because the company behind it is a bunch of assholes.

This is a roundabout, drunken way of asking whether there's any common, easy explanation for why paypal didn't accept my normal credit card in the first place. It's just a normal visa, and I've had it for years and it's worked fine (and I've used it on paypal before, too)

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Hey guys I have a riddle:
Why are 9/11 and the recent DDoS attacks on the Codex pretty much the same?

Both were inside jobs designed to make a select group rich.
By select group I mean Jews.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom