Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress 东方红: A Hoi3 Communist China Ret's Pray

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
20106238201721.jpg

东方红: A Hoi3 Communist China Ret's Pray

目录

Foreword: The Ghost of Jugashvili Future

Chapter 1: Operation Peanut Harvest

Chapter 2: Payback's a Bitch

Intermission: Taking Stock

Chapter 3: 話說天下大勢,分久必合,合久必分

Chapter 4: Wen me Melican Man

Chapter 5: Yurop Strikes Back

Chapter 6: A Kwan in Time Saves Nein

Chapter 7: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

前言: The Ghost of Jugashvili Future

[...] Thus we have two basic lines:

a) the line of the Comintern, which takes into account the existence of feudal survivals in China, as the predominant form of oppression, the decisive importance of the powerful agrarian movement, the connection of the feudal survivals with imperialism, and the bourgeois-democratic character of the Chinese revolution, with its struggle spearheaded against imperialism;

b) the line of Trotsky, which denies the predominant importance of feudal-militarist oppression, fails to appreciate the decisive importance of the agrarian revolutionary movement in China, and attributes the anti-imperialist character of the Chinese revolution solely to the interests of Chinese capitalism, which is demanding customs independence for China.

The basic error of Trotsky (and hence of the opposition) is that he underestimates the agrarian revolution in China, does not understand the bourgeois-democratic character of that revolution, denies the existence of the preconditions for an agrarian movement in China, embracing many millions, and underestimates the role of the peasantry in the Chinese revolution.

This error is not a new one with Trotsky. It has been the most characteristic feature of his whole line throughout the period of his struggle against Bolshevism. [...]

- J. Stalin, "Revolution in China and Tasks of the Comintern",Works, Vol. 9, December 1926-July 1927, pp. 288-318

The year is 1936. The Chinese Soviet Republic, founded by Mao Zedong in 1931, has just recovered from the brink of anihilation after the long but costly Long March. In 1927, the uneasy coexistence between Communist and bourgeois elements within the revolutionary Kuomingtang collapsed as Chiang Kai-Shek lashed out at them in a nationwide purge known as the April 12 incident, effectively crippling the Communists for two decades. Historically, the Communists reluctantly joined the Nationalists in the Second United Front against the Japanese aggressors, only to pursue their hostilities after the war had ended.

But what if the Commies decided to say "fuck you" to the incompetent and despotic general Chiang and cynically kick him while he's down? It's not like he didn't deserve it. But would such a vast undertaking as liberating the peasants and workers of China even be possible from such a tiny mountain redoubt? Surely, the Chinese Communists need some help. They need the power of hindsight!

And that's why everyone's favorite time-travelling, incorporeal ghost of Stalin decided to go back to Yan'an in January, 1936 to set things right and to make sure that the East is Red 20 years ahead of schedule...

1937_Mao_Zhou_Bougu_Wang_Ming_in_Yan'an.jpg

Somewhere in Yan'an...

3j0g5oW.jpg
*yawn* Time for a break after another long, hard day LARPing the heroes of Mount Liang. Hey, wait -- who's there? Who are you?

Ibp5RME.jpg
Don't you remember me? I'm the guy who sent you those suitcases full of Mexican silver dollars.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Oh, yeah... thanks. But what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in Moscow?

Ibp5RME.jpg
It's a long story. Suffice to say I come bringing meta-game information that can change the course of history.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Meta-game? What the hell are you talking about?

Ibp5RME.jpg
See that book you're reading? What happens after the outlaws fight on behalf of Gao Qiu?

3j0g5oW.jpg
Well, he betrayed them and... oh, I see what you're getting at. Gao Qiu is Chiang Kai-Shek.

Ibp5RME.jpg
Precisely.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Well, what about him? It's not like I'm going to make peace with him, not after what he's done.

Ibp5RME.jpg
That goes without saying. But what if you could get back at him? What if you could spread the Revolution throughout all of China?

3j0g5oW.jpg
*laughs* You must be out of your mind. Surely you've seen what things are like around here. We're besieged by the Nationalists. We can't hope to meet them head on.

Ibp5RME.jpg
"Forget not that you are in Ju." I have got a piece of information that will allow you to make your big comeback.

3j0g5oW.jpg
I must be crazy for listening to a time-travelling Stalin who speaks in riddles and quotes Chinese classics. OK, Jugashvili, I'm all ears.

Ibp5RME.jpg
Now, listen closely...

(Stay tuned, parts 1 and 2 will be posted in the coming hours)

Last edited:

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
第一章: Operation Peanut Harvest

Ibp5RME.jpg
So here's the full disclosure: Japan will strike against the Nationalists on the night of July 7, 1937.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Interesting. So, what's the plan?

Ibp5RME.jpg
Get ready for war and stab Peanut in the back as soon as he moves to counter the Japanese threat. Kick him while he's down.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Peanut? Do you mean Chiang Kai-Shek? Why do you call him that?

Ibp5RME.jpg
Never mind. The thing is, if you want to be ready for such a vast undertaking in just a year and a half, you're going to have to do some serious preparations. Honestly, this place is a mess. Let's have a look at what we can do...

JHyo30S.jpg

As you can see, Communist China is a tiny, crowded bit of mountainous land that is easily defended, but completely isolated and poor in resources. Energy, in particular, is sorely lacking. If we are to survive, we're going to need to secure vital manpower and resources, starting in nearby Xi'an, as soon as war starts. But we're going to have to make do with what we've got, for now...

MsHrx7Q.png

Nothing remarkable on the politics front. The current array of ministers is actually pretty decent.

0VSBdxa.png

Limited leadership is a problem, however. We are going to gear our early development towards production, followed by militia techs. Why militia? Well, for one thing, we haven't got all that many officers and militia has a very low soldiers-to-officer ratio compared to regular infantry. Furthermore, once we expand rapidly we're going to have to cover an increasingly broad front, meaning that we will need to be able to field as many divisions as possible in a short period of time, with limited manpower and industrial capacity. Again, militia fits the bill perfectly.

Also, we will invest heavily in espionnage at first; we will fill our country with spies, and then send teams of agitators into Nationalist China to increase the perceived threat. Ideally, we should be able to go to war with them by the time of the Marco Polo Bridge incident.

ScZz80e.jpg

Now, let's replace our pal Mao with Zhou Enlai at the head of GHQ...

3j0g5oW.jpg
Hey, what do you think you're doing?

Ibp5RME.jpg
Sorry, Mao. You just aren't stingy enough with the rations. Zhou here will help us cut down on our supply consumption, and at times like this we need to save all the supplies we can. Besides, I like his name. Zhou, Joe... geddit?

3j0g5oW.jpg

15q22pt.jpg

Our spy ring in Nationalist China is now complete, with a sufficient trickle of spies to keep it Peanut-proof. They are working flat out to agitate the population and create a feeling of mass hysteria, as well as filling us in on embarassing details on Chiang's private life.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Ha-ha! Brilliant! And now what? Can I join Comintern yet?

Ibp5RME.jpg
Now we wait. I'll send you an invite to join the Kool Kommunist Kid's Klub when you're ready.

Sure enough, time goes by while the economy struggles to stay afloat and the propaganda works its magic on the population. Meanwhile, we are left to while away the hours, the only news being some inane crap about an eyetie with a train fixation.

2jdqkhz.jpg

Until, finally, Mao was able to justify enacting a three-year draft, providing a much-needed boost to the manpower and officer ratios of our small nation.

20gxq81.jpg

Furthermore, some local bullies and exploiters were found to be profiting from the hard work of the people, and their ill-gotten facilities were appropriated for Society!

212wxog.jpg

3j0g5oW.jpg
Private sector? In MY China?!?

Ibp5RME.jpg
I know, right? They've got some nerve.

3j0g5oW.jpg
I'm going to have them shot.

Ibp5RME.jpg
No need to bother. I already did that on your behalf.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Thanks... I guess?

The fact that the bullies were shot, however, couldn't solve Communist China's most pressing problem -- a tragic lack of energy resources, and in particular coal. Without any coal, the industry was helpless. Several scientific programs to develop more efficient ways of using what little coal they had were in place, but in the face of lagging production and a lack of basic supplies and consumer goods, it was becoming obvious that securing the resources in Xi'an was the only way out of their predicament...

15s97xf.jpg

3j0g5oW.jpg
For our sakes, you better know what you're doing, Jugashvili.

Ibp5RME.jpg
Relax, I've got this under control. Only a few months to go...

And sure enough...

2ykeuxc.jpg

3j0g5oW.jpg
You were right! I don't know how you did it, but you were right! Scouts have told me that the Nationalist forces have hurriedly lifted camp. They're heading East. Should I give the order to attack?

Ibp5RME.jpg
Not so fast. Let's give them some time to get out of our way. Meanwhile, I've got something for you.

3j0g5oW.jpg
What is it? *reads telegram* An invite to the Kool Kommunist Kids Klub! 太好了!

5mzm9f.jpg

Ibp5RME.jpg
So here's the plan: Operation Peanut Harvest. The plan will unfold in two stages...

2mnlow1.jpg

Ibp5RME.jpg
The first phase involves attacking southwards, delivering a main thrust towards the prosperous industrial area around Chengde after capturing Xi'an. The manpower and resources obtained from liberated areas will fuel our war effort. In parallel, we will deliver a westward stroke in order to create a pocket in the West, isolating any Nationalist troops there. Optionally, if we are fast enough, we will attempt to race towards the sea and capture the strategic harbor of Shanghai before the Japanese do. Any questions?

3j0g5oW.jpg
Yes. When will we strike?

Ibp5RME.jpg
In late July. Let the Peasants, Workers and Soldiers of the revolution be ready by then. Forward!

3j0g5oW.jpg
Forward!

(To be continued...)

Last edited:

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
第二章: Payback's a Bitch

(Meanwhile in Nanjing)

Ngu3r8E.jpg
General Chiang! General Chiang! 不好了!

T2XVgCE.jpg
What's the matter? I told you not to bother me while I'm organizing my stamp collection.

Ngu3r8E.jpg
General! The Communists have attacked us from the West! We have no troops over there to speak of!

T2XVgCE.jpg
What? 哎呀! I'm done for! Run for the hills! Abandon ship! Set sail for Taiwan!

v9FYuIW.jpg
You big baby! Stop panicking and face them like a man!

T2XVgCE.jpg
B-but honey, I thought I told you not to make me lose face in front of the troops...

v9FYuIW.jpg
Quit yapping, you spineless sausage. Private! Summon the generals to the war room. It's time to crush at those uppity reds! The Japanese are a disease of the skin, but the Communists are a disease of the heart!

T2XVgCE.jpg
Hey, that's my line...

Ngu3r8E.jpg
Ma'am, yes, ma'am!

(back in Yan'an)

az72gy.jpg

3j0g5oW.jpg
I have set the wheels in motion for every last resource of the people, every last effort to be directed towards winning this war.

Ibp5RME.jpg
Good. Now is the time to strike!

As the People's Army floods southwards like an irresistible force of nature, the few divisions of lackeys that attempt to stand in their way bowled over effortlessly by their relentless push, and it is not long before Xian has been liberated from the Nationalists.

11uwxvr.jpg

In their rout, the Nationalists leave behind precious resources that will only serve to fuel the momentum of the People's Army as the first stages of Operation Peanut Harvest unfold.

2ileteu.jpg

Up until this point, Nationalist forces have only put up token resistance and are retreating on all fronts, while the People's Army presses on hard, bypassing enemy strongpoints and advancing as far as their feet will carry them. The operation is well on schedule, but the Japanese are making gains on their own and the race for the coast is going to be a close run thing...

20aex6a.jpg

Faced with encirclement and anihilation between the Japanese and the Communists, the Nationalists evacuate the pocket southwards before it closes on them, ceding vast amounts of ground in very little time...

ou9p35.jpg

Two months after the beginning of the operations, Chengde has been captured and the Western pocket is almost closed. Nationalist resistance, however, is stiffening along the entire line now that the surprise effect has passed...

3j0g5oW.jpg
Hah! We have captured Changde, and now it is time to rape and pillage! The women of Changde will feel the power of ZE DONG! Ha ha, geddit? Zedong?

Ibp5RME.jpg

3j0g5oW.jpg
OK, I'll shut up now.

v657dj.jpg

Ngu3r8E.jpg
Sir! The Japanese are at the gates of Nanjing. We have arranged a fast car to get you out of here. Follow me!

T2XVgCE.jpg
Yes! Save me! Let's go!

Ngu3r8E.jpg
But sir, what about your wife?

T2XVgCE.jpg
Oh yes, I forgot. Honey!

v9FYuIW.jpg
A-ha! Thinking of leaving without me, were you? 孬种!

T2XVgCE.jpg
It's not like that, honey, I was in a hurry and...

v9FYuIW.jpg
Enough! Drive on, private. We're moving the capital to Chongqing!

dvjbzc.jpg

Communist gains are slowed considerably as the Nationalists start to get their act together, shielded by the Yangtze river, while the combat performance of the humble militias struggles to keep up with that of the enemy regular infantry. Wuhan, a city straddling the mighty Yangtze, was captured after long episodes of street fighting. The Nationalists, however, managed to retake some ground, including the city of Changde, after a series of violent counter-attacks. As the Japanese marched into Shanghai, the Communists abandoned all hopes of making a dash for the city during the course of this campaign.

20zxmkp.jpg

With the defensive line along the Yangtze finally breached in several points, the Nationalist line began to buckle. Changde was taken a second time while the Nationalists made desperate attempts to regain the initiative.

2ic36gy.jpg

The Nationalists decided to make a desperate move.

BZuSEA6.jpg
Ah, Chiang Kai-Shek-kun. Very pureased to mettu you. So, have you come to surrenderu?

T2XVgCE.jpg
Well, it's not me, actually, it's my wife, she...

v9FYuIW.jpg
Oh, for goodness's sake. Let me handle this. Listen, Tojo, I'll be blunt about this. We no longer want to fight you. State your terms and we'll accept them.

T2XVgCE.jpg
Are you sure that's a good idea, dear? I...

BZuSEA6.jpg
Aaaah, very goodu! Very goodu decision! Happy cherry brossomus to you. Arr we wantu is harf the coast of China.

T2XVgCE.jpg
No way, that's...

v9FYuIW.jpg
Deal.

BZuSEA6.jpg
Excerrent. His Highnessu wirr be mosutu pureased. Now if you wirr excusu me, I have puressingo matterus to attend...

24e5q54.jpg

(Back in Changde)

3j0g5oW.jpg
Jugashvili, what the fuck? Chiang has agreed to give the Nips half of China!

Ibp5RME.jpg
That was to be expected, yes. Especially after how we stabbed him in the back.

3j0g5oW.jpg
But can't you see? We can forget about Shanghai now!

Ibp5RME.jpg
Yes. But think about it. The Japs could have driven as far south as they wanted, and chances are they would have gotten there before us. This gives us time to secure southern China for ourselves. Our main worry should be all the divisions Chiang has freed up now that he's struck peace with the Japs...

3j0g5oW.jpg
So what's the plan?

Ibp5RME.jpg
Aim for the head. We're going for their capital at Chongqing.

Sure enough, fresh Nationalist divisions began to trickle in from the East, putting pressure on the already overextended People's Army. Time was of the essence. A series of reckless assaults were launched against the city of Chongqing, which had hitherto resisted all attempts at its capture.

10ifk9d.jpg

At long last, the city fell after a well-supported assault from two sides.

Ngu3r8E.jpg
...Sir?

T2XVgCE.jpg
哎呀! The Communists are here. 怎么办? 怎么办?

Ngu3r8E.jpg
Mrs. Chiang? Why... why is the general curled up under the table like this?

v9FYuIW.jpg
He doesn't want to move again. Come on, Kai-Shek, it's time to move to Changsha.

35n1mra.jpg

(Two days later)

3j0g5oW.jpg
Well, well, look at what our men picked up on the road to Changsha.

Ibp5RME.jpg
None other than general Chiang hismelf! Nice catch.

T2XVgCE.jpg
Please, Your Omnipotence, have mercy!

v9FYuIW.jpg
Show some spine, man! Don't grovel before these lowly Reds.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Quiet, you two. 来人! Lock these two up while I decide what to do with them.

125ku39.jpg

3j0g5oW.jpg
Your plan worked, Jugashvili! The East is now Red! We have risen like the phoenix from its ashes!

Ibp5RME.jpg
Now, now, there is no time for celebration. There is still much work to be done. The warlords must be brought to heel, and much of China remains under the cruel Japanese boot. We must not tarry, and move forth to new successes.

2z8c201.jpg

With the assistance of the time-travelling Jugashvili, Mao has put Communist China's name on the map and is now at the head of a major power in its own right. What is to be done next -- to move against the Warlords, the Japanese, or to wage war on the ever-vital fronts of grain and industry? What punishments should await Mr. and Mrs. Peanut? You decide!

(I'll update this next week or so).

Bradylama

Arcane
Crush the warlords. Grain and Industry can be more easily conquered if they're not sitting on half of it.

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
Thank you for your suggestions, Comrades. I suggest a taking a brief moment to reflect on our current situation and to inform our decision.

插曲: Taking Stock

3j0g5oW.jpg
Our victory over the Kuomingtang goons complete, we must now face up to the hard task of managing the vast stretches of land that have come under CPC control.

Ibp5RME.jpg
Absolutely. Managing your mountain stronghold around Yan'an is one thing, whereas organizing over half of China, its infrastructure and its productive forces is quite another. Let's have a look at the current situation before we decide on our next move.

3j0g5oW.jpg
I've ordered Kang Sheng to do some snooping. What have you got to report?

2praah0.gif
I have eyes everywhere. I've got information both on internal and external affairs. What would you like to hear first?

3j0g5oW.jpg
Let's hear your report on internal affairs first.

2praah0.gif
As you wish...

9vfw53.jpg

Our victory against the Nationalists has come at a cost. Our manpower reserves have been severely drained by battle casualties, and we will most likely be unable to sustained protracted or violent campaigns for quite a while. I estimate we would need to wait for at least two or three years to have a sufficient reserve of recruits to have some hopes of success against the Japanese.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Interesting. What do you suggest doing?

Ibp5RME.jpg
If you have sufficient industrial capacity, it might be a good idea to develop some armored forces. Not only would they provide a mobile reserve to make breakthroughs or lead counter-attacks, such troops would also help us save manpower.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Not a bad idea. But we are completely clueless on how to build tanks. We will need time to develop the necessary technology.

Ibp5RME.jpg
We could also steal it.

3j0g5oW.jpg
True. What else, Kang Sheng?

2af9w6v.jpg

Infrastructure is sadly lacking in most of the country, especially further inland, to the point that some areas are completely unpassable by our troops. Our industry is also still weak, and we do not have the capacity to develop our own industry or infrastructure as of yet.

3j0g5oW.jpg
This should be one of our next research priorities.

Ibp5RME.jpg
It is a bit late to start building Industrial Capacity, but we do need to be able to support our armies.

2praah0.gif
I estimate that we should obtain returns on our investments in industry after a period of four years. It could still have an effect on the war.

v5zoll.jpg

Even though we can now trade by sea, we have no merchant fleet to speak of. Any convoys must be provided by our trading partners.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Comandeered junks and fishing boats just won't cut it. Sea lanes are vital for trade, especially if we are to obtain war assistance from your alter-ego in Moscow.

Ibp5RME.jpg
Yes. But keep in mind that we don't have a navy, and that in the likely event of war with Japan our convoys would be sitting ducks for the IJN.

1yk3ur.jpg

Our armed forces are reasonably numerous, but of poor quality, being mostly made up by militia. The elan and enthusiasm of the People will be of little use against the armor and air power of the Japanese. We have no heavy weapons to speak of.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Perhaps attaching an artillery brigade to our triangular infantry divisions could provide them with some much-needed punch.

Ibp5RME.jpg
At the expense of little manpower, too. It's probably the best we can do to improve our battle performance, for now.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Right, let's have a look at the foreign affairs now.

2praah0.gif
As you wish. I have filled Japan with our spies, but they are being hunted down ruthlessly by the fascists. I don't know for how long our spy ring will hold. Here's what we've found out so far:

8zfzg7.jpg

The fascists are ahead of us in pretty much all fields. They have ample reserves of manpower, their industrial base is over four times larger than ours, and they are sitting on a large stockpile of resources. We must also count on the fact that their puppet allies, Manchukuo and Mengkukuo, will undoubtedly come to their aid in the event of hostilities. They also have a powerful navy and air force, whereas these arms are, for the time being, inexistent in our People's Republic.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Surely we could hammer-and-anvil them between our troops and the Soviet forces in Outer Manchuria?

Ibp5RME.jpg
Yes, but the time is not right. The Japanese are at their peak right now, and I've just purged my officer corps. The Red Army needs some time to recover from the elimination of the counter-revolutionary elements within it.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Very well. What about the warlords?

otf4hy.jpg

The wealthiest by far is the Guangxi clique. They are rich in resources and have a surprisingly powerful industrial base for their size. Wresting these lands from the bandits Li, Huang and Bai would undoubtedly strengthen our Revolution.

ta3frc.jpg

The Yunnan Clique, under the warlord Li Zongren, is both weaker and poorer.

2e4daog.jpg

The notorious Ma clique, led by the Muslim Ma family warlords, is a desolate wasteland.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Why should we bother with them?

2praah0.gif
Have a look...

e8r506.jpg

3j0g5oW.jpg
The rats are cozying up to the fascists!

Ibp5RME.jpg
We can't allow them to open a second front on us.

3j0g5oW.jpg
So the situation is as follows... we cannot defeat the Japanese yet, and it is only a matter of time before they strike.

Ibp5RME.jpg
On the other hand, feudal oppressors enemies of the people still hold vast swathes of China hostage.

3j0g5oW.jpg
We must defeat these oppressors in order to liberate and unite the workers and peasants of China, and pool all of its resources for the sake of the historic struggle that looms on the horizon.

Ibp5RME.jpg
I suggest that we pre-emptively strike at the warlords, and in particular the Ma Clique, before they strike at us.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Agreed. "横眉冷对千夫指, 俯首甘为孺子牛" should be our motto. No alliances with the enemies of the people!

exe

Augur
Crush the warlords. Grain and Industry can be more easily conquered if they're not sitting on half of it.

This. Also why the name peanut?

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013

This. Also why the name peanut?

Throughout his personal correspondence, General Joseph Stilwell, Chiang's American military advisor during WWII, consistently referred to him as "Peanut" after he described him as a "peanut-brain" once, and the nickname stuck. He seemed to have much more respect for Chiang Kai-Shek's wife, Soong May-Ling, commonly known as Madame Chiang in the US. Another of Chiang's unflattering nicknames was General Cash-My-Check, due to the fact that he was constantly asking his allies for money and supplies (which then got lost in the vast network of corruption under his regime).

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
Just a little update, Comrades: I've played a bit more and things have gotten a bit out of hand thanks to the batshit insane retarded somewhat erratic AI, but quite exciting nonetheless. In this next episode expect emotions to run high as a three-way war of epic proportions unfolds, bandits are brought to heel and the imperialists show their true colors. Will Communism prevail over barbarism? Will we be able to finish the game without crippling CTDs? Stay tuned for the next action-packed installment in the adventures of young chairman Mao.

Last edited:

anus_pounder

Arcane
Just a little update, Comrades: I've played a bit more and things have gotten a bit out of hand thanks to the batshit insane retarded somewhat erratic AI, but quite exciting nonetheless. In this next episode expect emptions to run high as a three-way war of epic proportions unfolds as bandits are brought to heel and the imperialists show their true colors. Will Communism prevail over barbarism? Will we be able to finish the game without crippling CTDs? Stay tuned for the next action-packed installment in the adventures of young chairman Mao.

Damn. How many cassidy LPs were abandoned because of CTDs? :( Heres hoping this survives. Finally an LP not focused on fucking Europe.

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
第三章: 話說天下大勢,分久必合,合久必分

(At a secret meeting place)

BZuSEA6.jpg
Werrcome, genterumen. I trust you are arr werr?

c1A1pOv.jpg
Me and my brothers are all well, praise Allah! Tell me: how is our sworn brother, general Chiang?

BZuSEA6.jpg
Suffering horriburi, as you might expect, at the hands of baby-eating Communists.

8kqqa0W.jpg
They wouldn't dare! The Godless infidels will taste our steel! Elder Brother may have fallen into the hands of traitors, but the bonds that unite us Hui with him are unbreakable. We will not fail in our mission to rescue him.

BZuSEA6.jpg
That wirr nottu be easy. The best you can do is purovide us with the assurance that you wirr be on the rightu side when the time comes. Heiru Hitteru! Heiru Hirohito!

c1A1pOv.jpg
Heil Hitler! Heil Hirohito! Allahu Akbar!

(Meanwhile)

Ibp5RME.jpg
Time is of the essence. If the Ma clique aligns with the Axis, our cause is as good as lost.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Yes. I have ordered Zhou Enlai to surround their lands and await further orders, he should be reporting to us any minute now.

Efl9SLB.jpg
Comrade! Our encirclement of the Ma Clique territory is now complete, and the People's Liberation Army is ready to advance at a moment's notice.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Attack along the whole line! The feudal-militaristic oppression of these rebellious Hui have been a thorn in China's side for too long, and their liquidation is imperative for any progress to be possible.

fky0dv.jpg

The vaunted martial prowess of the Muslims cannot contain the push of the People united, as they are sent reeling back along the entire line.

c1A1pOv.jpg
Curses, the infidels are attacking! Quick, brother, go to the Japanese and tell them they must make good on their promise. They cannot let us down.

GKx0ZjR.jpg
I shall return with the good news you await, insha'Allah.

(Later)

BZuSEA6.jpg
Arrow me to extend my sincerest feerings towards you and your peoperu in their moment of harduship. Unfortunatery, I fear we cannot come to your assistance, at reast not yet. When the time is right. When the moment is ripe. At the appropriate juncture. Tokyo wasn't buirt in a day, you know?

GKx0ZjR.jpg
Speak plainly, infidel! Will you come to our aid or not? Will you keep your word?

BZuSEA6.jpg
You have our morar support. My hands are bound. That is arr I can give you, for now. I wirr pread in your favor with the Emperoru.

GKx0ZjR.jpg
什么?呸!你认为你是谁?Oaths are a sacred thing for us Hui, but so far, you have given us nothing but empty words! No matter, we will fight on without you. [leaves]

BZuSEA6.jpg
くそ! Foired again! We wirr have to seeku new usefur idiots to herp us surround the Communists...

o7q4p2.jpg

3j0g5oW.jpg
The Ma clique has jumped the shark and joined the Axis! Everything seems calm on the Japanese front, however. What do you make of this?

Ibp5RME.jpg
The Japanese will not go to war over a few bandit lords. It looks like they are willing to sacrifice their pawn, for now.

3j0g5oW.jpg
That will teach those traitors not to deal with fascists. Carry on with the offensive! Get ready to storm their main stronghold!

mij82d.jpg

c1A1pOv.jpg
Brothers, all is lost. The perfidious Japanese infidels have abandoned us to our fate, and now the Reds await at the gates, ready to defile the Mosques of Xining and tear down her Minarets. We have no choice, for now, other than to disperse. Perhaps the time will come, in the future, when we Hui can reclaim the land as ours.

8kqqa0W.jpg
Brother!

GKx0ZjR.jpg
Brother!

c1A1pOv.jpg
Enough. Scatter throughout the countryside with your followers, and give the Communists no peace. Terrorize the peasants and take their grain. Let there be no peace for those who oppose the will of Allah!

eqrryw.jpg

3j0g5oW.jpg
Another bastion of feudalism is gone! They say that 三個臭皮匠, 賽過一個諸葛亮, but what can these two remaining lowly bandits do against us?

Ibp5RME.jpg
Congratulations on your victory, Comrade. However, I'm afraid you must carry on without me, at least for the time being. I have pressing matters to attend to in Moscow.

3j0g5oW.jpg
In Moscow? What for?

Ibp5RME.jpg
Meta-game information, as it were. It's all for the good of the Cause.

3j0g5oW.jpg
I still cannot fathom what you mean by "meta-game information", but so be it. Leave if you must.

Efl9SLB.jpg
Comrade Chairman! Comrade Chairman!

3j0g5oW.jpg
What is it?

Efl9SLB.jpg
The prisoners -- they have escaped! The prison compound where they were kept was breached in a surprise attack. Only the two VIP prisoners were extracted. I suspect a foreign power is at work here.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Undoubtedly. What's going on here? Anyhow, we should move on. Our next target is the Guangxi clique. I fancy Cantonese for dinner!

(Meanwhile, in London)

xJmA9Lw.jpg
I say, jolly good of you to come, Chiang old chap. I hope the bolshies weren't too rough on you?

T2XVgCE.jpg
My savior! I am eternally indebted to you! And to think I thought the laowai were the greatest scourge of China. How wrong I was! The Communists are far, far worse. Do you know they kept me on a strict diet composed exclusively by peanuts? You must help me recover my country!

xJmA9Lw.jpg
Peanuts? How bizarre. Anyhow, you're safe here, old boy. Now, you know we can't be too rash about this. The public has no stomach for war, don't you know.

T2XVgCE.jpg
Can't you see? The Reds are taking over the world! No place is safe from them. You must do something!

xJmA9Lw.jpg
Hmmyes, that is a bit of a bother. I expected the bolshie regime in Russia to collapse after 10 years. Now it turns out they are not only thriving, but they are spreading their "revolution" as well! We can't afford to appear weak before the proles. Hitler is one thing, but allowing the riff raff to seize power is quite another. I'll tell you what, Chiang old bean, we'll send an ultimatum to those Reds. They won't dare take one step further. It will be "peace in our time", eh wot?

T2XVgCE.jpg
But what about China? Surely you know that Mao has a new advisor. A Georgian with a chauffeur's cap.

xJmA9Lw.jpg
What, Stalin? But that's impossible, old boy. Joe Stalin's in Moscow. What ever would he be doing over there? Now, now, you must have confused him with someone else. I'm sure foreigners all look alike to you, eh wot? I'm awfully busy now and I'm afraid I must get back to work. Toodle-pip!

xJmA9Lw.jpg
[To himself:] What if Stalin really is behind this? We can't be too cautious with Reds. I'm starting to see bolsheviks everywhere. I'm going to fire my butler first thing when I get back home. And the cook. Can't afford to be surrounded by bloodthirsty communists, can I?

2jd0u85.jpg

(Back in China)

20pr3n7.jpg

3j0g5oW.jpg
Let's hear your report on the operations, comrade Zhou.

Efl9SLB.jpg
Comrade chairman, our operations have met with unprecedented success. Entire pockets of bandit troops have been encircled and are surrendering in droves. It won't be long before we have taken their main stronghold.

Ibp5RME.jpg
'sup, bitches.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Back already? What have you been up to?

Ibp5RME.jpg
Nothing much. Invaded Poland. :troll:

2pzkvbk.jpg

3j0g5oW.jpg
What?!? But surely you know the imperialists have guaranteed the independence of Potatoland. What if the imperialists decide to LARP the burning of the Summer Palace?

Ibp5RME.jpg
Relax, China's a long way from the imperialists. Just make sure you secure all of the main ports and capture any Western concessions and you should be fine. Besides, it won't be long before the fascists and the imperialists will be at each other's throats. Capitalism will implode in a great internal conflict. We'll just march in and do the mopping up up after that. Besides, I had to beat Hitler to the punch.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Another of your precognitions?

Ibp5RME.jpg
Of course.

3j0g5oW.jpg
If you say so...

2dm9mxl.jpg

It was not long before the People's Liberation Army had completed its conquest of the Guangxi clique territory. Two years of fighting had moulded it from a motley array of enthusiastic workers and peasants into a formidable and battle-hardened fighting force.

rvitmw.jpg

Meanwhile, foreign concessions were seized in an attempt to shield the coastline against any Western attempts at a naval invasion.

3j0g5oW.jpg
Now, only the Yunnan clique stands in the way of Unification. Attack!

2w4l2jq.jpg

The reputation of the People's Liberation Army preceded it. Entire divisions of bandits were routed without firing a shot.

af9d3m.jpg

The Imperialists, furthermore, were foiled in their attempts at a naval invasion. Apart from harassment raids by the French airforce based in Indochina, the People's Liberation Army advanced unchallenged.

2mgwr2u.jpg

3j0g5oW.jpg
At last, the country, long-divided, has been reunited under Socialism. The forces of history are unstoppable. What can the imperialists do now but quake in their boots?

Ibp5RME.jpg
That is not all. Great strides are being made in industry and the development of the productive forces of the country. As it has been with the Soviet Union, so it is with China: Socialism In One country is possible! We have leaped from an Agrarian society to Communism without passing through capitalism! Suck it, Trotsky!

2i909l.jpg

But the events that would unfold in the coming months would prove all the more dramatic, as the long-expected cannibalistic war between fascism and finance capitalism finally erupted...

34f0gfq.jpg

A country long divided is once again united, born through struggle in turbulent times. As the the imperialists leap at each others' throats, the world awaits with bated breath. A three-way war has erupted in which Communism must emerge victorious, or else the world will collapse into barbarism and destruction on an unprecedented scale. Will the cruel Japanese fascists get their comeuppance at the hands of the reborn People's Republic of China? Will the rest of Asia be freed from the clutches of imperialism? Will the monstrous cannibal state of Germany be tamed by the Soviet Union? Find out in our next installment!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
And who will Peanut visit next?

I think having Peanut and his wife trot the globe is pretty fitting. They seem like a fun bunch. If they get back to China, I suppose being denied any means of escaping his wife is punishment enough.

EDIT: Also what about Sinkiang?

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
And who will Peanut visit next?

I think having Peanut and his wife trot the globe is pretty fitting. They seem like a fun bunch. If they get back to China, I suppose being denied any means of escaping his wife is punishment enough.

EDIT: Also what about Sinkiang?

Your guess is as good as mine -- Peanut's fate is inextricably chained to the unpredictable whims of the authoritarian Madame Chiang!

I hadn't really counted on liberating Sinkiang just yet, if only because it would force me to draw my slow-moving forces very far away from the border with Japanese-occupied China. We're just starting to produce our very first light tanks so I definitely intend to go for it on the short-mid term, if possible before Germany attacks the Soviet Union and all hell breaks loose with Japan, which has massed a huge amount of quality troops on my border.

I'm a bit worried about the capital at Yan'an. It's right next to the border with Japan and in a naturally-ocurring pocket, so it would likely get surrounded and overrun early in a conflict with Japan. This POS of a game doesn't let me move it, but I think editing the save file would be a cheap move. I'll leave it up to the readers to decide whether or not we should move the capital.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
If you wish, I can whip up a quick decision for moving the capital. It's a five-minute job, discounting the localisation files.

Bradylama

Arcane
Times of hardship necessitated our focus in the mountains with The People. Now that we have liberated the cities, the dens of the bourgeoisie, we must choose an appropriate capital among them to demonstrate our triumph to the world of Capital.

Tigranes

Arcane
Times of hardship necessitated our focus in the mountains with The People. Now that we have liberated the cities, the dens of the bourgeoisie, we must choose an appropriate capital among them to demonstrate our triumph to the world of Capital.

Start upgrading your militia to infantry and send the remains to guard the coasts if you've got enough IC.

If not, spam IC. That always works.

Cassidy

Arcane
I wonder where the actual incompetence and corruption of Nationalist China ends and pure Bolshevik propaganda starts...

Bradylama

Arcane
I wonder where the actual incompetence and corruption of Nationalist China ends and pure Bolshevik propaganda starts...

Maoist doctrine doesn't really work if the regime in power isn't unjust and stupidly corrupt. Soviet liberation of Manchuria helps too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom