Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Cataclysm DDA: Rabbit-chan versus the world

potatojohn

Arcane
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead is an open-world post-apocalyptic roguelike.

Currently in active development, this is a today's git version (although I won't be updating it for this char since saves aren't forward compatible).

Join me in my battle against addictions, acid rain, cold, hunger, thirst, bad driving, robots, mutated wildlife, and the occasional zombie.

potatojohn

Arcane
What's with codexers and videos? Videos are a) easier and more fun to make b) easier to watch (especially if you have 2+ screens) c) easier to learn from and d) easier to preserve (youtube never deletes videos iirc).

tindrli

Arcane
What's with codexers and videos? Videos are a) easier and more fun to make b) easier to watch (especially if you have 2+ screens) c) easier to learn from and d) easier to preserve (youtube never deletes videos iirc).

dont know bro.. hate them. still im watching, well listening yours

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Yeah, thats a cat, the same one that you could hear during the Jagged Alliance 2 LP I guess.

I have nothing against video LP and you do not sound like an nervous aspie so all is good.

Will definitly watch the next part.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
What's with codexers and videos? Videos are a) easier and more fun to make

Basically, in the time it would take me to watch through your 40 min LP I could've gone through 5 other screenshot LPs. That's just the nature of videos vs. text.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
But from the point of view of the creator, Video LPs are easier and quicker to make, especially those in which the commentary is being recorded while playing the game itself.

tindrli

Arcane
But from the point of view of the creator, Video LPs are easier and quicker to make, especially those in which the commentary is being recorded while playing the game itself.

yes.. but LP-s are about spectator and not creator

xilo3z

Educated
What's with codexers and videos? Videos are a) easier and more fun to make

Basically, in the time it would take me to watch through your 40 min LP I could've gone through 5 other screenshot LPs. That's just the nature of videos vs. text.

Normally I would agree but - 1) PJ, as pointed out, doesn't sound like a crazy aspie. and 2) he is very knowledgeable on the games (at least JA 2) he is playing and points out a bunch of interesting things as they happen- history of the games, story, strategies, etc. With text/ss lp's you end up missing a lot of the smaller interesting stuff. Except with exceptional LP'ers like Ghost Dog and co. While 99% of the time I would agree, but I actually dig his video stuff.

potatojohn

Arcane
Part 11: Cyber-cow

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom