Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

8/domg/ challenges Codexia

Eadee

Scholar

Johannes

Arcane
Fabulous. So Johannes Eadee KoolNoodles sqeecoo it is.

Now just the map, and who gets the first pick of the nations. There's The Old Kingdom and Plane of Rusty Nails suggested in the OP. Those bring up the water nation question - should those be banned altogether? If not, the map should be something that can reasonably support more than 1 UW nation. And clustered starts or no? How easy thrones? Need all the details before can start picking nations informedly.

And I'd also remove Worthy Heroes, it's unessential and contains a lot of dreck I find dumb.

Johannes

Arcane
I propose we play Plane of Rusty Nails with water nations banned, or Maerland if we want water nations available (it'll still be very tight for 2 of them, so it's still not exactly ideal). Since they're Dom3 maps originally, adding in Saildistance 1 may be a good idea.

Or I could make a custom map of some sort next week if existing options seem meh.

Grif

Learned
Fabulous. So Johannes Eadee KoolNoodles sqeecoo it is.

Now just the map, and who gets the first pick of the nations. There's The Old Kingdom and Plane of Rusty Nails suggested in the OP. Those bring up the water nation question - should those be banned altogether? If not, the map should be something that can reasonably support more than 1 UW nation. And clustered starts or no? How easy thrones? Need all the details before can start picking nations informedly.

And I'd also remove Worthy Heroes, it's unessential and contains a lot of dreck I find dumb.

Vanilla game? No objections from our end. It might be better for some of less skilled on both sides as well.

As for the other options, we don't believe in banning UW nations, nor do would we enforce a symmetrical team. No clustered starts either though, this is negotiable. Thrones we'll leave at default, although I think we might just turn off throne victories entirely to make it a proper brawl. (Leaving thrones in because they do offer neat bonuses.)

I propose we play Plane of Rusty Nails with water nations banned, or Maerland if we want water nations available (it'll still be very tight for 2 of them, so it's still not exactly ideal). Since they're Dom3 maps originally, adding in Saildistance 1 may be a good idea.

Or I could make a custom map of some sort next week if existing options seem meh.

Maerland sounds good. Let me just check with our team and get back to you.

Johannes

Arcane
Proper brawl or not there should be some victory condition apart from total defeat / concession, just to make sure neither party drags it on endlessly when it's in practice over. Thrones or not, but could just as well be thrones if you want to include them. Just set the needed amount high enough, even all of them.

So let's say 2x lvl 1 thrones, 2x lvl 2, 2x lvl 3. And you need 8/12 points to win (not easy to reach, should be easy to stop the enemy team if you have any power left). That sound good to you?

Unclustered starts is fine.

You ok with the Saildistance 1 setting for Maerland?

If those are ok, I think all settings should be covered (everything else, events etc at default)?

Grif

Learned
Proper brawl or not there should be some victory condition apart from total defeat / concession, just to make sure neither party drags it on endlessly when it's in practice over. Thrones or not, but could just as well be thrones if you want to include them. Just set the needed amount high enough, even all of them.

So let's say 2x lvl 1 thrones, 2x lvl 2, 2x lvl 3. And you need 8/12 points to win (not easy to reach, should be easy to stop the enemy team if you have any power left). That sound good to you?

Unclustered starts is fine.

You ok with the Saildistance 1 setting for Maerland?

If those are ok, I think all settings should be covered (everything else, events etc at default)?

No objections.

I'd cast a vote to allow renaming.

Oh definitely. We all like our funny names on our commanders.

Grif

Learned
The server should be up within 24 hours, once I get a chunk of time to setup everything here. I'll PM you guys individually the IP. (and it might change occasionally as I have dynamic IP. Shouldn't be too frequent, but it can and will happen.)

Grif

Learned
In the meantime, I think we can start picking our nations. I propose we just pick one nation after another in a round-robin style. Codexia goes first, as you guys are the one to be challenged. :D

Grif

Learned
Psh no, I'm just swamped with things to do this. We pick SCELERIA.

Grif

Learned
To round things off, ABYSIA.

Please let me know what your pretender god are so that I can set the server up. I'll let you know once we have chosen ours as well. (Running into a slight disagreement between teammates here.)

Grif

Learned
After much wrangling, Pythium will be our pretender.

Now, for the server settings.
yOjFo8h.png

dpwulcb.png

I'll PM the players the IP shortly, to submit their pretenders. Game will start once all pretenders are in. Timer will be set to 24 hours for the first 24 turns, and 48 hours thereafter.

May the best team win!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Looks like a total out draft for our team, if you guys lose I will petition for removal of your access to Prosperland.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom