Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Azrael's Tear - Redux

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
If you like the first updates and decide to play this instead of just following the LP(A sound choice!), I reccomend you check this thread from SCO about running the game faster on dosbox:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...d-mojo-for-the-first-time.46511/#post-1231929

And also this post by Iqzulk with a few pointers on how to emulate a roland soundboard for the midi soundtrack:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-azraels-tear-redux.72888/page-7#post-2151656

==============================================================================
CONTENTS

INTRO:

I'm gonna to try to LP(again) what is quite possibly the most underrated adventure game ever. An obscure gem from 1996 that wins the fandom of everyone that plays it to the end.

The game is as original as it gets when it comes to puzzle and gameplay design and its setting has everything, from Lovecraftian influences to Masonic conspiracies, going through lost ancient civilizations, science fiction and else. It does everything well and cohesively too. I'm not joking when I call it a gem.

Azrael%27stear.jpg

The premise: The year is 2012(lol), and mankind is nearing destruction. The world is an overpopulated mess and a deadly plague is killing many and doing it considerably fast. Science has given up finding a cure. Things are so bad that people are once again materially pursuing myths and ancient legends. It is no surprise that the most popular theme is once again the holy grail... a potential salvation to the human race.

Luckily for the people, the world has recently suffered massive geological disturbances that unearthed ancient and unknown archaeological sites. A new profession is on the rise, the so called "Raptors", futuristic tomb raiders equipped with the best technology and specialized in stealing ancient treasures and religious relics that can be used to exploit the gullibility of the desperate people.

You play as one such Raptor that seems to get a lucky break. From the pages of the manual:

Friend!

May I call you friend?! OK! So we're rivals and you're wondering "why the hell is he writing to me?" Well, my friend, I am onto the big one, and I mean big with a capital B. The star prize. But, the fact that you've received this letter means it's proved way too big for me. You see I arranged to have this letter delivered to you if I hadn't returned in four days time. Obviously I haven't, so I'm stuck and need your help - but first let me backtrack and explain.

I swear I am writing this cold bloody sober. I've found the grail itself.(I said the big one). I spent a lot of last summer searching the journals of pilgrims travelling through the Holy Lands after the First Crusade, when I came across an account of a mysterious shipment leaving Jerusalem in 1146. The shipment was excorted by twelve templars, so I knew this was important! But there were no other records of its arrival or departure. It took me nine months of searching thorugh every library in Europe to find the next clue: it was the burnt fragment of a transfer order for twelve knights to Wick, in Northeast Scotland. But of course that just raised more questions. Why send so many Knights to such a barren place? And were these the selfsame Knights that left Jerusalem? I was sure they were, so I kept looking until I found the next clue in Paris - the original transfer order had been authorised by the Templar Grand Master himself - so this just had to be big!

Last week I travelled to Wick, and it was there that I found the final clues. In a graveyard I found a tombstone dated 1763 which reads "Here lies Sir Guy of Bramley, a Crusader now in God's Holy Army." Clearing the grass away from the base of the stone I found a line of Latin text, badly eroded but still legible, which translated to read "The answers you seek lie close to my heart." I was dumbfounded! Sir Guy of Bramley was the name of one of the twelve knights on the transfer list! But 1763? 600 years after first arriving on Scottish soil?

The reference to crusader was another tantalising clue, but the clincher for me was the latin text, the answers were buried with him. So, next morning - when it was, appropriately, still the dead of night - I dug down to Sir Guy's coffin. In the disintegrated remains I found a lead cylinder. Inside was his testament, which I've translated, copied out and enclosed with this letter. When you've finish this, read it for yourself - it's an amazing tale.I know the whereabouts of the grail. I came back here to sort things out, and tonight I'm driving back to get it out.So why am I telling you this? Because I'm getting fearful and superstitious, I suppose, and because I feel that nothing about this affair is quite as it seems. As you are now reading this letter, then it seems my sense of foreboding is not misplaced. I need your help. Come to Aeternis, help me and we'll split the profits 50/50 - that's fair, isn't it?

Goodbye and hurry! I wish you better luck than it seems I've had.

Colin Scott"

And

- The last Testament of Sir Guy of Bramley-

This is the solemn, true and final testament of Sir Guy of Bramley, Crusader and Templar Knight. Read well, for my death draws near and I have little time. I beseech you, what rests in darkness must, by God's grace, be brought back into light. In the year of our lord, 1146, I was to be found a young templar knight, fighting battles long and hard with my holy brothers.

One such battle with my mighty brother Tallum brought us to great renown. The fire and fury of our faith supported us both at the battle of Corinth. We two fought against the horde, laying waste to full fivescore Saracens and causing tenscore more to beat a hasty retreat.It was this renowm that led us to be amongst those twelve templars chosen to guard the holiest of relics. For in Jerusalem, that holiest city, a wondrous discovery had been made and thence kept secret by the leaders of our order. They had found the grail itself. Though strange it is, fashioned of a stone that lights and warms the darkness. A holy light that heals all wounds and denies the reaper his harvest.

In the cold winter of 1153 we left the world of ordinary men. We followed our leader and Lord Tobias de Treece deep beneath this Scottish soil to begin the long vigil that has wrecked and tortured our souls, breaking the spirit of more than one of us. My eyes grow dim and my hand falters. I must hurry; for believe me; the year is now 1763 and without the power of any grailstone to protect me, the long decades fall upon my flesh with the hunger of wolves.
Read on and mark my words well! Woe is the lot of men for a son of devils is among you. Malik the traitor has escaped with stolen grailstone and treads the lands of fragile humans feral and immortal.

Havoc is his true name and only in the power of the grail lies a hope of salvation for humanity. I charge you who have found this document of my shame and failure to enter the temple of Aeternis and retrieve it.

May the Lord forgive me for I have failed in preventing his evil to enter this world of youth and vigour.

Guess now it is time to search for the grail.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Just one thing you must know before we start: The dialogue system in this game is quite unforgiving. There is aways at least a dozen topics to choose from, and they oftenly lead to more related topics that are not shown initially. You can always just pick 4 or 5 before the character you are talking to gets irritated or moves on for some other reason and you can't start the conversation again.

In an attempt to give a little extra to people who already played the game and are following this, I will be saving the game before conversations and reloading at least a couple times so that I can transcribe the more interesting bits of conversation that most people miss. I will not be able to get all the possible conversations(it is pretty much impossible without playing the game several times I guess), but I will get most of them. There is no other complete LP of this game in the web, so this will serve as a reference I guess.

Hence, this will be a slightly conversation heavy playthrough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The atmospheric intro:

We start the game by crashing into an old underground stone corridor with two doors, one facing southwest and the other northeast. As you can see the game has a detailed hud with a lot of text parsing. It is supposed to represent the "MS2" computer, the most valuable tool of the raptor trade and a fundamental part of the Raptor suit. It will constantly give detailed descriptions and analysis of the enviroments and everything else the raptor comes across. And its is not just for show, you can't solve half of the puzzles if you don't pay attention to what is written on it.

r_000.png

Movement is pretty much standard FPS. You start of with a high caliber "handrifle" with 20 shots and you can "solve" a few situations with it, but you can also actually finish the game without using it. The raptor suit looks a lot like Halo's combat suit.

r_001.png

Not much to see on this area. There are two small dinosaur like creatures roaming around, but they won't attack you. The MS2 computer claims they are similar to jurassic fossils found in germany in the 19th century. On the ground we find a document for the first time. It is a diary page(hope it is readable by the screeenshot. If it isn't give me a shout)

r_002.png

Entry 55
April, Year of our Lord 1194 AD.

Today, at last, I record the completion of Aeternis. Seven years of hard, secret toil. The great task requiring 600 slaves and artisans, and 40 ship-loads of materials. The holy gift of Grailstone, of course, sustained our strenght throughout.
The temple is quiet now and Geffrye walks the empty corridors, his eyes shining with triumph and devotion; his pride well justified.
We now await a delegation of Templar and Prieuré dignataries to inspect our work. Tonight, all celebrated, including the slaves. They now sleep, drunk, in the ships. Tomorrow, as ordered, they will be taken to the sea and drowned.
(signed by Tobias de Treece)

Raptor.jpg
Creepy...

Moving on to the NE door. The MS2 always gives somewhat detailed analysis of the room ahead. useful when there are enemies or traps ahead.

r_003.png

This room seems to be part of some kind of water pressure/steam system. We walk through the walkways careful not to fall into the boiling water and on the way turn the valve that is in the middle of the room. It diverts water to room to the right, and that is where we go next.
r_004.png

r_005.png

A mutated human eh?

r_006.png

Seems to be an old construction/mining site. Right away you can see big doors to your left (locked), a funny looking metal car in the centre of the room, blocks of granite here and there, and the ramp along the far wall. There are many passages and controls around to explore, but we will leave that for later. As soon as the raptor walks a bit he is greeted by annoying cries for help. It must be the mutant MS2 detected in the room.

Lurka.jpg
Help me! Someone help me and I will tell you about the test! You! Get me out of here!

He is located behind the mine car. Seems he got stuck into a chasm. The raptor questions him before deciding to help him or not.

r_007.png

r_008.png

Raptor.jpg
who are you? And what is this 'test'I heard you shouting about?

Lurka.jpg
Ah... Tricks and traps, challenges thought up by the ancient guardians, puzzles, locks and the like that a mewling infant such as you cannot hope to pass. As for me, I am called Lurka. But what matters who I am... can't you see I'm trapped here?

Raptor.jpg
I will help you if you answer some questions first.

Lurka.jpg
Very well, but hurry!

Raptor.jpg
Tell me more of yourself. How did you get down here? Where are you from?

Lurka.jpg
I am a galician, from Spain. My family were enslaved by the templars, but since slaves are always considered to be inferior I managed to fool them and I'm therefore still alive, while many of the knights are scattered throughout the temple in the droppings of foul beasts.

Raptor.jpg
Tell me about the guardians, who are they?

Lurka.jpg
They were the best my world had to offer, to guard the holliest of the holies. What else would you expect?

Raptor.jpg
I heard mention of someone called Geffrye. What can you tell me about him?

Lurka.jpg
Geffrye... beware of him. He is proud and will think himself far above the likes of you.

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me about Sir Guy?

Lurka.jpg
He was a fine knight, one of the few men I have ever truly trusted and the only one of the knights that has treated me as a fellow human being! I was devastated by the news of his death.

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me about this place?

Lurka.jpg
(sounding extremely bored) The Temple of Aeternis is holy to God and guards the holliest of the holy relics, (sighs), as I am sure you know.

Raptor.jpg
There are some strange animals here, what are they? How did they get here?

Lurka.jpg
Few things are allowed to die here, and the souls of those that do are tortured. I suspect they are the last of the monsters wise enought not to be swallowed by the waters.

Raptor.jpg
Can you help me get to the grail?

Lurka.jpg
(evil laughter)

Raptor.jpg
Have you seem others like me around here?

Lurka.jpg
(ironically sounding) I'm sure your type would gather like maggots around rotting meat now that the time has come! (laughs maniacally)

Raptor.jpg
What exactly is grailstone?

Lurka.jpg
(sounding disappointed) Hah! Grailstone is the most precious material made by the hand of God. The holy cup you seek is formed by it.

Raptor.jpg
(more questions)

Lurka.jpg
What am I, a king of slaves and fools?!?! Damn you! I will talk to you no more, I will wait for a true samaritan!

The converstations with Lurka and Niamh are the only ones you can truly exhaust on one playthrough since their content does not depend on previous conversations. Helping Lurka or not has no consequence and I will save this playthrough the time. The player can lower a rail so that the little critter can pass to to the other side, but if this is not done he somehow escapes from his little predicament anyway.

Time to explore this area fully. MS2 displays that one of the large stone blocks littering around has a metal key.

r_010.png

This area has a complex crane system and some kind of saw/crush system on the second floor. The controls are up a large set of open stairs.Next to the controls there are rusty metal tongs. The raptor takes them:

r_011.png

Puzzle time. Operating the levers you can catch the block, dropt into the stone grinder and activate so that you can destroy the block and get the key inside it. YOu have to mess with valve controls in the water room again to make it work, I will save you the details:

r_012.png

r_013.png

Great success :smug: The raptor moves onto the unlocked wooden door right next to open stairs. It lead him to an ancient and very puzzling well where we will find the second character we can interact with.

r_014.png

Humm, there is a pipe system here and controls but we won't mess with it right now. Let's check the well.

r_015.png

Raptor.jpg
Whoa!

r_016.png

We are greeted by a ghost. Seems Lurka was making sense when he mentioned souls being "tortured forever" in this place.

Niamh.jpg
Oisin? Is that you at last?

Raptor.jpg
No, I am not Oisin. Who are you?

Niamh.jpg
Oh no... I'm Niahm, my tribe offered my sister Sasha and I to the Gods many years ago when the sun closed its eye. It was the greatest honor, people came from a hundred miles! We entered the caves hoping to meet the God sun himself, but instead we wandered, avoiding the guardians for years. We couldn't go down to the deeper realms for fear of them. I though Oisin was the sun come at last when he walked through the cave of blossoms. Perhaps you have seem him? He is tall and beautiful, has long dark hair and beard and a cape bound fast by a shiny broach.

Raptor.jpg
What is the cave of blossoms?

Niamh.jpg
But you have seem it! It is just outside this room! A large cavern filled with the flowers I have wound in my hair. The guards had one of their largest guardians chase us into this place. It would not follow us into the scent of the blossoms.

Of note, outside this room there is no "cave of blossoms", just the large, cold and barren mine area we have seem before and that was built by the templars hundreds of years ago. Niahm has been here for a LONG time. Also, whoever she names "guardians" are not the templars. She probably means the monsters Lurka mentioned and that we will meet later on.

Raptor.jpg
Tell me about the guardians

Niamh.jpg
They are placed in the caves to prevent sacrifice from reaching the deeper realms!

Raptor.jpg
Tell me about Oisin

Niamh.jpg
He is from 'erren'. He is wondrous! He taught me to read and write and the history and language of his land! We spent peaceful years together. Then my sister returned. She wanted him! She tried to confound his mind, I know it! Then he left, to return to his people. I would have followed him! But the light burned my eyes. How much longer will I have to wait here?!?!

Raptor.jpg
Tell me more about your sister

Niamh.jpg
Sasha? She was always wilfull. She hated me when we were infants. But later she was as willing to sacrifice as I. Until that is, she went down into the deeper realms of the Gods. And she grew so enamored of that place that she spent longer and longer away from me.

Raptor.jpg
Tell me about the deeper realms.

Niamh.jpg
Wondrous places! The shaping of stone was nothing like I have ever seem! But Sasha was changed by it. ... She wanted Oisin! And the Gods punished by making her ugly and mad! Oisin would have nothing to do with her! (sobs) But why does he not come back?

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me about the rooms beyond this one?

Niamh.jpg
Rooms? This is the only room above the deeper realm!

Raptor.jpg
There are strange animals down here. What are they? How did they get here?

Niamh.jpg
They are creatures sent by the Gods to prevent any mortal from entering the depper realms of the Gods!

Raptor.jpg
This well is very ancient, do you know who might have built it?

Niamh.jpg
It is a watering place made to clean waiting sacrifice. It was made by the Gods.

Raptor.jpg
There is a key besides the body in the well, do you know what it might open?

Niamh.jpg
That is my key! To the chest where I keep Oisin's gift... But that body looks like, would that mean... a ghost? Can't be... wait, there was some kind of creature in the well. Who is that in the water? No... can't be... No... Oisin!!!

Conversation ends if you point out that she is dead or if you ask her too much about things that confuse her. There is a key in the well next to the corpse and we use the rusty thongs to get them(the water is boiling).

r_017.png

Time to move on to a passage that was left of where Lurka stood and that the Raptor has not explored. In the next update.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Weclome back, raptor !

I wouldn't mind if the screenshots where slightly bigger since in a 1920x1080 desktop the text is kinda hard to read.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
I had a feeling it would be so. Is there anyway to change the resolution of Dosbox captures? Printscreening the shit out of it would be much more time consuming.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Cool. Let's hope you don't get nuked before you finish this. ;)

As far as resizing goes, the best option is to resize the original pngs 2x using the nearest neighbor filter. The resulting images will be pretty big in your case, but that's the only way to not distort the image's proportions. Personally I'd just leave them the way they are, honestly - 640x480 is an ideal resolution for an LP in my view (so that those on laptops can read it too), but I definitely see how it can be a problem at 1920x1080. So it's up to you.

In any case, I'm just going to reproduce the tutorial I already posted in other threads that asked for the same advice.

1. Install Imagemagick (Windows binary download page here)
2. Create a separate folder for an update (say, Update01) and copy all the relevant screens you took with DosBox there.
3. Open Command Prompt (you know, that MS-DOS style thingy) in that folder (described here for Vista and here for Windows 7)
4. In the command line, type

mogrify -filter point -resize 200% *.png

and all the png images in that folder will be resized in no time! (mogrify is Imagemagick's batch convert command, -filter point resizes the images using Nearest neighbor)
5. Profit!

Hope that helps. It's really easy and intuitive once you try it.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
As Bee said the easiest way to to resize them. There is a shitload of image tools you could use. I'm usually using acdsee or photoshop, but there are many free tools, some of them even online.

Another idea would be to use FRAPS for screenshot capture since it captures exactly what you see on the screen.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Irfanview is probably the best lightweight app with a good range of functions for batch processing and ease of use. It's also free.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Actually, I guess I will just transcribe the documents you find in the game. They are never too big and never come about too often in the playthrough. I also type fast. It should be the less time consuming option and images will remain laptop friendly. ITT, people will still have a hard time reading the content of the text parser/hud, but I don't think that is vital or even important for following the LP. The MS2 is mostly about giving info of your surroundings and providing tips for puzzles.

Here is the text of the first document:

Entry 55
April, Year of our Lord 1194 AD.

Today, at last, I record the completion of Aeternis. Seven years of hard, secret toil. The great task requiring 600 slaves and artisans, and 40 ship-loads of materials. The holy gift of Grailstone, of course, sustained our strenght throughout.
The temple is quiet now and Geffrye walks the empty corridors, his eyes shining with triumph and devotion; his pride well justified.
We now await a delegation of Templar and Prieuré dignataries to inspect our work. Tonight, all celebrated, including the slaves. They now sleep, drunk, in the ships. Tomorrow, as ordered, they will be taken to the sea and drowned.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
FreeImageConverter is also okay.

One of your talking head pictures is broken.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Bump, even though this page is not nearly as bloated with images as it should be.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
No need to bump bro, there is plenty of space here and I will post a new update tomorrow. I think two bits per page is alright. The sizing on these dosbox screenshots is ideal.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Trivia time: The awesome sountrack for this game was composed and performed by members of the 70's prog-rock band "Gentle Giant". This is the song that plays in the baptistry area. Enjoy:

Now for an image heavy and puzzle heavy update. There will be a lot of talking and reading in the next update, I assure you, but not in this one. This section of the game is much more puzzle/action oriented than I remembered, hence this update is coming so soon(didn't have no conversation to transcribe). Anyway, back to the game, the raptor heads to that passage I was talking about:

r_000.png

r_001.png

It is a baptistry, and MS2 points out that there is a complex optics system in here.

Anyway, going through the broken glass windows, we find this carved piece of stone in the next room.

r_002.png

It contains the arrangement of pipes that we must set up in the well room. There is also some kind of control system in the carved stone Bible set in the middle of the room, but nothing can be done with it now. The raptor trecks back and messes with the well controls(I will save you the details), which makes water flow to the babptistry:

r_003.png

The flowing water made a stone block from the well get loose. We pick it up and the MS2 analysis shows that it is actually a glass block that conforms with optical system designs from the 16th century, a prism if you will. It matches the slot on the stone Bible.

r_004.png

Raptor.jpg
Whoa, something clicked!

r_005.png

The raptor can now see a hidden stone passage behind the stone Bible, but it is still locked. Humm... something is missing. Upstairs there are 4 pannels and 2 pieces of tapestry lying around(one of the pieces of tapestry is missing and one of the pannels already has one fixed).

r_006.png

The raptor picks up the 2 pieces of tapestry:

r_007.png

r_008.png

The 3rd pannel(the one with the fixed piece of tapestry) can be turned to reveal a cryptic message:

r_009.png

r_010.png

The eyes of Baphomet watch over all. Beyond the murk of stagnancy his face lies Crystal clear.

Humm... we set up the 2 pieces of tapestry in their proper places:
r_011.png

We can already see that the image displays a procession of plague bearers a battle in the crusades. But nothing happens. Guess the raptor must find the missing piece of tapestry before figuring out what this room is all about. One of the doors in the first room is unlocked, the raptor heads through it:

r_012.png

r_013.png

That is some orrery. According to the MS2 it is a 13th century design and seems deactivated. Puzzle time again: in order to activate it we must solve this puzzle involving the controls:

r_014.png

r_015.png

Alright then, the central post is raised and now the mechanism is turning. The thing is not up to speed yet though, so the raptor heads to the next door:

r_017.png

This is certainly much bigger than the previous mutated dinos we saw. Seems it is a velociraptor and luckily it is caged. You can shoot it down, but it is better to save the ammo and mess with the cage controls and get him smashed(careful though, pressing the wrong buttons releases him).

r_018.png

Raptor.jpg
Raptor 1 X Velociraptor 0

Messing with the controls inside what was previously the cage opens a door an activates the orrery. We will check the movement later, now it is time to check the door we just unlocked.

r_019.png

Remember the second door on the initial stone corridor? The one I didn't go through? There is a poison trap here that you can't escape if you go through that door. Now that we opened this passage we can fix it. Entering we hear a dinosaur roaring and shots being fired in the distance. There is someone nearby for sure.

r_020.png

r_021.png

So there is a mirror, sunlight and a metal plague covered by algae. Turning the mirror to reflect the plaque kills it and allows us to get what is in it. Problem is that doing so releases poison gas and locks the room. Lucky for us, with the door we just unlocked it is a matter of just going out of the room and waiting for the gas to dissipate:

r_022.png

Success! This little thing can be opened with the key that was inside that granite block and gives the raptor a neat little shield.

r_023.png

The way forward lies in prayer. Follow the path of the cross.

Aham... the raptor tries to move to the northeast passage but the ground collapses beneath his feet and he drops to some lower caves. MS2 detects the presence of a fellow raptor. One named "Lincoln". It also detects that he is armed and dangerous, with a "Record of violence". Better be cautious and get that rifle in hand.

r_025.png

Moving through the right we can get him from behind and shoot him in the back.

r_026.png

r_027.png

:smug:

Raptor.jpg
Ever heard of honor among thieves? There is no such thing among raptors.

r_028.png

Great success! No remorse from shooting him in the back, this is a character that you can't pacify. Maybe he went crazy down here or maybe he is just a murderer psycho as MS2 seemed to imply, but better to shoot him in the back than to face him and let him shoot me. The raptor picks up 20 round of ammo from his corpse and moves on. Of note, MS2 detects faint life signs on Lincoln even though it also states that he is dead. Humm...

Exploring the cave further we find the missing piece of tapestry:

r_029.png

r_030.png

Further ahead we find another curious piece of scenery:

r_031.png

Eaten human remains from 15 years ago, a loaded elephant gun and a chest. Your guess is as good as mine... probably some poor scottish bastard that saw a dinosaur when exploring a cave, picked up his rifle and made the poor choice of trying to hunt it in the depths. He ended up dead in this forsaken place, that is for sure. The raptor picks up the rifle and upon realizing that the chest is very old, tries the well key from Niamh on it.

r_032.png

It works. "Oisin's gift" was one half of his brooch then. Hopefully the raptor will find use for it later. Time to head back, there is this passage that leads us back to the hallway where the caged dinosaur was:

r_033.png

The raptor goes back to the orrery. The thing is up and running now.
r_034.png

Raptor.jpg
Awesome!

There is a document on the ground. it was under one of the model planets and now that everything moved upwards we can take it and read it:

r_035.png

Entry 783
June - Year of our Lord 1307 AD.

Tragic news arrived today - The Templar Order in every corner of Europe is under the vilest attack from the combined forces of Pope Clement V and King Philip of France! False confessions of depraved, immoral activities have been obtained by torture, and our Master fears the order may fall. Templar property is being seized throughout Christendom and our brothers are being imprisoned en masse.We here are all shocked and aggrieved. We believed the Templar order would evolve and survive to march into New Jerusalem led by our one Lord.

But the forces of darkness never raged against us so strongly.

May this Janus pope and his regal lapdog suffer an eternity of horrors in the hereafter for their treachery.

The news however is not entirely black. Twelve ships will soon slip away from the port of La Rochelle bound for Scotland. Two of these ships, carrying sensitive documents and final supplies, will harbour here with us and unload. The remaining ships, carrying a vast wealth of treasure, will sail on to Strathclyde. There, our Templar brothers will attempt to infiltrate the order of Scottish Freemasons.

The phoenix may yet arise from the Ashes to cast its purifying fire upon all Rome.

(signed by Tobias de Treece)

r_036.png

There is an aperture on the floor of the Orrery that fits the shield we just got. We place it there and another aperture is revealed on the floor. One just like the previous one. Nothing left to do but to move back to the baptistry and use the lasp piece of tapestry.

In the next and much more entertaining update, that is.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Whoever is following this, you are welcome to bump this crap till next page by tomorrow. I got the 3rd update ready and the 4th on the way. I want this to get to the part where my botched lp dropped by next week, so that the folks that were following that one back in the day(2 years ago or so) don't get bored.

Next part is where the shit starts to pick up steam and the plot starts to thicken, btw. Funny thing about this game is that it appears to be a standard fare tail about the Holy Grail initially, but midway(7th update or so) it descends into full lovecraftian madness and gets really awesome.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
So is there anything else you could've done with that Lincoln fellow? Or would he just attack you on sight?

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
So is there anything else you could've done with that Lincoln fellow? Or would he just attack you on sight?

He just attacks you on sight. You can actually evade him by choosing a different path, but I chose to kill him and get the ammo. Not to spoil anything, but this game does give you the option to pacify some agressive characters and I will explore that. There is also a limited amount of C&C and lots of optional content.

Also ------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom