Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

4Chan Has a Leaker! Starfield In 2017! TES VI in 2023! TES VII in 2030! Totally Not Bullshit!

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Surely you're not trying to argue that Emil Pagliarulo, who wrote Fallout 4 is comparable to kirkbride or any of the original writers?

He's comparable to "original writers" who did Arena and Daggerfall.
Disagree entirely. New lore is nowhere near as good as the dozens of dieties and the dragon break, as well as Barenziah.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
12 years between Skyrim and TES6? Even Bethesda isn't that lazy.
Pete Hines has gone on record saying that they're no longer going to be alternating between Fallout and Elder Scrolls. If other games are in between the timeline makes sense.
Yeah, I referenced that in another thread -- he's full of shit considering that's all Bethesda Studios has done since Morrowind. Maybe they'll poop out another IP but I doubt you let something as financially successful as TES sit on the shelf for over a decade.
Pretty sure the only reason why Pete isnt fired by now for being incredibly Inept is his position as Vice President. How he got that position is beyond me, as by all accounts he seems to be a blithering idiot in the field of video games and PR, but here we are. Maybe he was fucking the CEO or married the guys daughter or something.

ore clover

Learned
Surely you're not trying to argue that Emil Pagliarulo, who wrote Fallout 4 is comparable to kirkbride or any of the original writers?

He's comparable to "original writers" who did Arena and Daggerfall.
I don't know, I feel like Arena and Daggerfall's plots were a bit more coherent than nu-fallout.

"I'm looking for the Numidium; middle-aged robot."

"[Intelligence] So you're shouting 'vengeance' because you want revenge on someone."

Kem0sabe

Arcane
He says fallout 4 sold more than Skyrim... That's the biggest bullshit lie in the leak.

The entire thing reads like a fanboy fever dream. The scifi rpg and fallout vr are real, but we have known that for a while now

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
Come on, TES series never had a good writing. Good lore - yes, but it's not the same as writing dialogues. It looked good when it was some sort of historical text, but even in Morrowind NPCs spoke gibberish. Any interesting characters where defined by their backstory, there weren't much memorable dialogues apart from memetic stuff like gentle raping a corpse or Crassius Curio.

With Fallout they have a problem of embracing Fallout 2 absurd moments and turning the world into a complete pulp parody circus. Fallout 1-2 didn't have a very good writing but at least the world has some reality to it, especially Fallout 1. Their real crime was releasing Fallout 4 after New Vegas (which had OK writing) and not even having something like Eden's speeches from Fallout 3 which, I think, were the best writing Bethesda had ever produced - mostly because they can only write notes or monologues.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
latest

...Harold?

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Come on, TES series never had a good writing. Good lore - yes, but it's not the same as writing dialogues. It looked good when it was some sort of historical text, but even in Morrowind NPCs spoke gibberish. Any interesting characters where defined by their backstory, there weren't much memorable dialogues apart from memetic stuff like gentle raping a corpse or Crassius Curio.

With Fallout they have a problem of embracing Fallout 2 absurd moments and turning the world into a complete pulp parody circus. Fallout 1-2 didn't have a very good writing but at least the world has some reality to it, especially Fallout 1. Their real crime was releasing Fallout 4 after New Vegas (which had OK writing) and not even having something like Eden's speeches from Fallout 3 which, I think, were the best writing Bethesda had ever produced - mostly because they can only write notes or monologues.
I bet everything "didn't have a very good writing" to you. What are you gonna shit on next, Planescape: Torment?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Kirkbride might have been a talented writer but I don't see a reason for new people to be any worse.

Based on what?

You don't see a reason for someone to be worse than someone else? Wow, aren't you the inclusive littler flower.

Fucking illiterate retards popping out everywhere these days.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
TIL there's 4 pages of people in this thread taking the OP's leaker half seriously. 2017 release date for Starfield will be debunked in about 10 days when there is zero E3 announcement and when the announcement for Bethesda real next game comes the title will be totally wrong, and the rest of it is fan fiction.

pippin

Well, to be honest, up until its e3, FO4 was mostly rumors and speculation, and it turned out 80% of the work was already done and the game was released a few months later. Bethesda does not really need to reach out to people to market their own stuff, they have a strong buyer base.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Really the "Starfield" shit came from a trademark renewal from years ago. That information is not new and I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, but that doesn't mean the rest of the leak is true. The rest is fucking fanfic garbage, like has been pointed out several times.

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
I bet everything "didn't have a very good writing" to you. What are you gonna shit on next, Planescape: Torment?

Saying "has a good writing *for a video game*" is one of the thing sthat keep the industry down. Fallout New Vegas, for example, was fine in general but still had poorly written caricatures. Saying it was OK is not shitting on a scripture, it's acknowledging its limits and the fact that RPGs in general are yet to produce a game that simultaniously have a good choice and consequence system, good story, good lore and good writing at the same time. Obsidian and BioWare games (and Planescape) may be closest ones and TES usually has good lore and story (even Skyrim had some interesting lore, but it was mostly told through books and the best stories were told by dungeon layouts) - but we still don't get writing on a level of, say, Firewatch, Sunless Sea or Bioshock in RPGs.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Bethesda will revolutionize the industry once again with Starfield !

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Pure marketing tactic~

Todd Howard still can make you all his bitches with just one 4chan "leak" to prime the pump.

Wouldn't be suprised if the 'leaker' is Pete Hines or Todd himself, generating hype for the E3 and it's just a scheduled operation and all of Bethesda knows about it

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Todd Howard would have died of a coronary already if he frequented /v/

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The goal has been achieved, everyone interested in games is talking about Bethesda now, and Bethesda is once again in the awareness of people, just a few weeks before E3.

Pete: 'Todd, my Emperor, mission accomplished'
Todd: 'Good.......good....'

1200px-G%C3%A9r%C3%B4me_Eminence_grise_1873.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
However, this leak follows the pattern for other Bethesda related leaks, particularly that one Fallout 4 leak - 20% actual info, 80% retarded bullshit made up by a 14 year old with no imagination.
Good job, /v/.

And this is why this gives it credibility...... 20% actual info about starfield is true, and rest is bullshit....... this is how marketing works, you never give out your full plans, just the most current ones to generate enough HYPE, and this has been achieved.

14 year old with no imagination

hqdefault.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I can totaly see how 1 type of world in Starfield will be from TES universe........ 1 type of world from Fallout universe...... and 1 type of world from its own universe.

It makes perfect retarded sense for a Bethesda game ! and you will be meeting characters from all the universes....... Starfield will be a mashup of all Bethesda games, combingin all elements and trying out the RNG

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom